MAC Cosmetics Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
MAC Cosmetics Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS OCTINOXATE 7.50%, OCTISALATE 2.00%, AVOBENZONE 1.50% INGREDIENTS PETROLATUM, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER, COFFEA ARABICA (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT EXTRACT, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT BRAN) EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, WATER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ETHYLCELLULOSE, CHOLESTEROL, PENTAERYTHRITYL ADIPATE/CAPRATE/CAPRYLATE/HEPTANOATE, HYDROGENATED DILINOLEYL ALCOHOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, LINOLEIC ACID, OLEIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, POTASSIUM SULFATE, SILICA, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, ALUMINA, TIN OXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, FRAGRANCE, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL [+/- MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BLUE 1 (CI 42090), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 7 (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), RED 30 (CI 73360), RED 33 (CI 17200), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 10 (CI 47005), YELLOW 10 LAKE (CI 47005)]

on 3/20/2012 7:47:00 PM

I bought this in the shade Purring (mandarine orange) because I loved the look of it in the pot and orange colours look great on my lips. Surprise, surprise the colour doesn't really show up on my lips.

Positives:
Quite moisturising
Smells good
Gives wet look lips without shimmer which I love
SPF
Solid packaging - the same pot that they use for paint pots. Have only had this for a week or so but I'm willing to be the consistency will stay the same all the way down to the bottom of the jar.
Pot packagin - can use all the product.

Negatives:
Doesn't last - especially if you eat or drink. Put something to your lips and this product will exeunte straight away.
Colour doesn't show up (or at least Purring doesn't - you may have better luck with a red or fuschia)
Wet feel - product doesn't sink into the lips
Moisturising is superficial and if you have chapped lips this will do nothing for them.

Won't buy again because the negatives are too many for the high price of this product. I get much better results with a cheaper chemist product like Lucas Paw Paw Ointment or Blistex stuff. But I will use all the way to the bottom of the jar.

on 4/17/2010 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Tendertones are like happy thoughts in a pot :) I LOVE them! My favorite's probably Tread Gently because it's GREEN! Although Tendertones aren't very pigmented, they're very moisturizing & feel great on the lips! Plus, they smell absolutely delicious (like strawberry kiwi.) I'm so sad they've discontinued these & really hope they'll bring some back this summer!

on 12/2/2009 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I absolute adore these lip treatments, not only is the scent is quite amazing and fruity scented like strawberry kiwi, but they are extremely lush on the lips.

I have forever dry skin on my face and lips, which is a never ending battle finding something that would end the dryness on my lips. As long as I used these (while I still have a large stock) my lips were extremely moisturized.

I could tell the difference immediately when I stopped using these because after about a week my lips dried out again. The consistency is nice and smooth without being sticky and obnoxious like some lipglosses.

The colors in these are quite delightful, and extremely sheer that gives you just a little pop of color. Some have no color, so have glitter and some do not, it is just a shame these are not sold year round.

These are the BEST! My favorite Mac product and lip product ever. The key is the SCENT! Oh my GOODNESS, they smell/taste soooo delicious I just want to put it on constantly. It smells like kiwi/strawberry to me! They feel nice and smooth on, and you don't get that awful sunscreen aftertaste that's in some SPF balms. These look AWESOME by themselves (everyone asks me what I have on my lips) or over a lipliner/lipstick. They are SUPER shiny, but not sticky/gunky at all. I bought 5 of them, my favorite is definitely Take a Hint. I really like the packaging, not sure why, but it feels all sophisticated to me because it's glass and not plastic. The pot is like a giant Fluidline pot. These should totally be permanent, I've been planning to write to Mac about how great they are!

Everyone should at least get one to try it!

on 7/5/2007 3:44:00 PM

YES, I would repurchase. I have every Lustre glass & Lipglass availabe (and some LEs), so obviously i was trying to not even think about this product...but when i went to MAC and i tried them i was in love: texture, spf that actually works thanks to avobenzone, smell, cute jars....I bought three and I want more!!! I love them so much and they are so versatile. i use some with lipliner, mixed with lipglass, topped with lipglas, on top of lipstick....I want MAC to make them permanent. PLEASE MAC, LET US KEEP THOSE FOREVER!!! :)
oH & my BH likes the smell to ;)
edit: just purchased three other colours and i feel that MAC came out with a perfect tone for every shade ofg lipstick. I cought myself reapplying this even after dinner - normally i don't use spf products after sunset LOL

on 7/4/2007 3:33:00 AM

I decided to reward myself with a new lip product after feeling a bit down about my recently broken ankle and I chose MAC Tendertone in Pucker due to all the good reviews on this site. I must say that I quite like it! Pucker is a 'juicy' raspberry red balm with tiny blue and gold shimmer particles. It smell strongly of strawberry (which I usually dislike, but suprisingly doesn't mind here as it seems kind of summery). The best thing, however, is the shine and devine texture of this. This is not some sticky gloss! It goes on smoothly and evenly, coating your lips for hours and making them look sparkly and luscious. I love putting a bit of this over my lipstick as a finishing touch. It not only provides great shine, but it also moisturizes wonderfully counteracting the drying effect of some l/s. Would i repurchase this? Not sure yet. The pot is quite big and this will undoubtly last me for a quite a while. Though a great, high-quality product, I also see myself getting tired of the strong fruity smell after continous use.

on 6/29/2007 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

When I saw these I thought they would just be a prettier version of the TLCs and wow was I wrong. These are 10x better in about every way. I'm very picky about how lip things smell and this has to be one of the best scents I've ever smelled for a gloss. It's fruity but not overpowering and there's absolutely no nasty sunscreen taste like in the TLCs. The colors are sheer with just a touch of color so they're perfect for everyday wear, especially in the summer. My only complaint is that they're LE! :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have these in Pucker and Warm Smile and while I looooooooved them for the first week of use, after a while I began to get cyst like pimples at the corners and around my mouth! Something in this is giving me icky lip line breakouts. Wouldn't be the first time though, Lipglass does the same thing, as well as Stila Lipsticks and Laura Mercier Lip Balm! Yuck!

on 6/7/2007 12:19:00 PM

I love this product SO much. I always use a lip brush so the packaging suits me fine as well. I have Pucker ( a beautiful , universal, raspberry colour) and I also have Deep Sigh ( sheer bronze with a glowing ,rosy red sheen ). Both are absolutely gorgeous ( I am blonde with blue eyes). The formulation feels smooth and non sticky ( and it never gums up or leaves the dreaded white film ) - and the colour actually lasts a long time. This is definitely one of the best products to come out in a while . I want to get all the colours for sure .... and the spf 12 is an added bonus !

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Wow, MAC has not like knocked my socks off for a while now....until these! Beautiful colors, heavently starburst candy smell and such a perfect texture (thick, pigmented but slick). If they don't make these permanent I'm going to be very upset. I was just so impressed because I expected the Tendertones to be just like the TLC and basically another MAC scheme (MAC scheme means MAC whomping us with 484398 collections a month that are all LE so everyone feels pressure to buy EVERYTHING due to the fear that there will never be another chance). However the TLCs are just what they are (tinted balms) and the Tendertones are little pots of sweet cosmetic love.

Top Rated Lip Treatments