MAC Cosmetics Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
MAC Cosmetics Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS OCTINOXATE 7.50%, OCTISALATE 2.00%, AVOBENZONE 1.50% INGREDIENTS PETROLATUM, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER, COFFEA ARABICA (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT EXTRACT, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT BRAN) EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, WATER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ETHYLCELLULOSE, CHOLESTEROL, PENTAERYTHRITYL ADIPATE/CAPRATE/CAPRYLATE/HEPTANOATE, HYDROGENATED DILINOLEYL ALCOHOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, LINOLEIC ACID, OLEIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, POTASSIUM SULFATE, SILICA, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, ALUMINA, TIN OXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, FRAGRANCE, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL [+/- MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BLUE 1 (CI 42090), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 7 (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), RED 30 (CI 73360), RED 33 (CI 17200), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 10 (CI 47005), YELLOW 10 LAKE (CI 47005)]

on 2/15/2014 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this back when it was on sale, around Summer 2012? The color I bought it in was Purring, a lovely tangerine color. When I first received it, I loved the orange color as it would take out the mauve of my pigmented lips, but this color in the pot only lasted for about 2 months.

The further I used it, however, I discovered that the lip balm oxidized and turned into a lovely coral pink shade. I love the shade, but I am very surprised that it turned into such a different color from it's original shade.

The texture is what came as a true downside for me, however. The texture is moderately tacky. I don't tend to mind this much, but for those who dislike this texture, steer clear of this product. The finish of this balm is a glossy finish, something I do like, but I was greatly disappointed by the moisturizing properties of this balm. This balm verges on the low end of being moisturizing. When I apply this balm, it doesn't sink into my lips like my other products do and instead seems to sit on top of the lips, sinking in VERY slowly if at all. I find that I have to apply this multiple times during the day to keep my lips somewhat hydrated and even then, I still have multiple dry patches.

The packaging was great. It comes in a sturdy glass pot with a black plastic screw top. Very simple and chic and I love knowing that it won't spill around when it is rolling around in my bag. However, I don't relish the fact that I have to dig my finger into the pot to get product, something that I find breeds germs. I would have preferred for it to have come in a squeeze tube. This would make it more sanitary

Overall, MAC wins once again with its cute packaging, even if it's not the most sanitary, but the overal texture and moisturizing properties of this balm are quite lackluster. Pick this balm if you want a moderately moisturizing balm with glossy effects but don't get your hopes up if you have dry sensitize and peeling lips.

on 4/6/2012 10:36:00 AM

HG lip product for me! I use it at night, just before I go to bed and it has completely changed my lips. No more chapped, peeling lips! Amazing and will definitely repurchase.

i love these things. they are my favorite product mac has ever came out with! they are the first thing i put on my lips in the morning and the last thing i put on before i go to bed. they condition my lips and leave them feeling great. i love that they have spf too which makes them perfect especially in the summer time when you are at the pool or beach. i think at one point i have owned every single one! my favorites are shush, tread gently and honey bare. the only negative thing i can say about them is they are not very pigmented but i love them either way!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the Tendertone because of a few beauty gurus on youtube, how much they loved these lip balms from MAC. Last week, I was shopping on ACW(AllCosmeticsWholesale.com), and found that they were selling a few Tendertones, so I picked the one called Purring. I just got my order in yesterday afternoon and went through and played with all the new goodies I had bought. I opened the lip balm and immediately noticed the light, fruity scent, then tried it on, and loved it! It goes on very smooth, not sticky, and it smells great!

I'm so glad I bought one...thinking about getting a few more in different colors...I'm assuming they all smell the same? Guess I'll find out!

And if you haven't alread..check out:
www.allcosmeticswholesale.com

on 5/20/2009 5:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I just picked up my first one of these yesterday and I like it but I don't love it. Not sticky, nice color, no lasting power (but it's a gloss, they never last), and a way too strong smell. I got it at my CCO for a discount, so I think it was a good purchase. If it was a bit more shiny it would be perfect and only lightly scented it would be perfect.

on 8/16/2008 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Mac states that the Tendertones combine the look of a gloss and the benefits of a balm and include an SPF of 12. The product is housed in a small glass pot with a black screw top lid and contains 6ml or 0.2 oz. of product. I purchased Pucker (Sheer red with blue and purple pearl) and Tender Baby (Sheer, creamy baby pink) Firstly, I have to say that I don't absolutely love these but then again I don't hate them either. I like my tinted lip products to pack a little punch in the color department and I find that these are a little too sheer for my liking. Having said that though, I don't believe that MAC intended these to be marketed as a gloss but rather as a lip conditioner or balm. The great thing about Tendertones is that they apply smoothly, aren't thick nor sticky and they feel quite moisturizing on my lips. The product is lightly scented with a sweet, fruity scent and has little to no taste.

on 7/20/2007 3:07:00 AM

I recently purchased this in Tender Baby and it quickly became one of my new favorite makeup products. It's so yummy, very moisturizing and isn't sticky at all.

on 7/2/2007 1:46:00 PM

I loved the "Pucker-Up" balm so much I went back to the MAC counter and bought "Shush" and "Soft Note." In intend to get every color as they are so wearable and the feel great on. Although they initially cost $14.50 each, which IS spendy for a lip gloss/balm, the amount in the pot is generous and, imho, brings the price/per/use way down.

I am a PPP, MAC NC20 in the winter, but tan well in the summer. Very thin lips, so glosses are my friends. :-)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have these in Pucker and Warm Smile and while I looooooooved them for the first week of use, after a while I began to get cyst like pimples at the corners and around my mouth! Something in this is giving me icky lip line breakouts. Wouldn't be the first time though, Lipglass does the same thing, as well as Stila Lipsticks and Laura Mercier Lip Balm! Yuck!

Top Rated Lip Treatments