MAC Cosmetics Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
MAC Cosmetics Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS OCTINOXATE 7.50%, OCTISALATE 2.00%, AVOBENZONE 1.50% INGREDIENTS PETROLATUM, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER, COFFEA ARABICA (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT EXTRACT, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT BRAN) EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, WATER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ETHYLCELLULOSE, CHOLESTEROL, PENTAERYTHRITYL ADIPATE/CAPRATE/CAPRYLATE/HEPTANOATE, HYDROGENATED DILINOLEYL ALCOHOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, LINOLEIC ACID, OLEIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, POTASSIUM SULFATE, SILICA, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, ALUMINA, TIN OXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, FRAGRANCE, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL [+/- MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BLUE 1 (CI 42090), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 7 (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), RED 30 (CI 73360), RED 33 (CI 17200), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 10 (CI 47005), YELLOW 10 LAKE (CI 47005)]

on 4/6/2012 10:36:00 AM

HG lip product for me! I use it at night, just before I go to bed and it has completely changed my lips. No more chapped, peeling lips! Amazing and will definitely repurchase.

i love these things. they are my favorite product mac has ever came out with! they are the first thing i put on my lips in the morning and the last thing i put on before i go to bed. they condition my lips and leave them feeling great. i love that they have spf too which makes them perfect especially in the summer time when you are at the pool or beach. i think at one point i have owned every single one! my favorites are shush, tread gently and honey bare. the only negative thing i can say about them is they are not very pigmented but i love them either way!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I loved every aspect of the tendertones when mac released them. Soft colors, comfortable wear, nice packaging. But... my lips dry out with this so badly !! I've the same irritation with clinique buttershine, so it might be something in those new gel formula... too bad.

on 4/8/2009 9:03:00 PM

Tendertones are amazing, my fav lip conditioner. The packaging is great, they are really moisturising and they smell fantastic, they're not too sticky. I don't wear lipstick, only gloss and usually light colours so the tendertones are great for me. Love it.

on 8/8/2008 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

first of all packaging sucks. i hate sticking my finger in this when i'm out and looking for a tissue to wipe my fingers. colors are pretty..but most are really sheer. but the main reason why it got such a low rating from me is because it doesn't last very long. i swear the tint of color goes away within 20 mins or less. it just looks like i'm wearing clear gloss.

on 7/22/2008 9:16:00 PM

I absolutely love this balm!! I bought it in Purring at the CCO for $10 USD. It looks like a bright coral orange in the pot but when you apply it, it's quite sheer. It comes in special white packaging that is embossed with MAC logos. The balm comes in a glass pot similar to paint pots with a screw top lid. The texture is thicker then a balm but thinner then a gloss. It has very good staying power on my lips and gives a nice shine. I also love the smell of the tendertones, it smells like candy! The only gripe one might have about this product is that it's in a pot and you would need to use a lip brush or your finger to get at it but I don't mind toting along a retractable brush with this because I love this product that much. Definate must have!

I love these! When I got the MAC e-mail of this, I didn't really pay attention to them. Then I went to MAC & saw them in
person, I knew I wanted EZ Baby & then I saw Take a Hint, just so pretty! So I started with those 2, they are pretty sheer, but that's fine with me. For a little more color I ordered Hot & Saucy & Sweet & Nice, when they had F&F sale. Oh & the fruity scent is just so good, like previously stated, I too love it! The feel is just so moisturizing & feels I want to say cushiony? They feel so good I even use at bedtime. To me they are not your average lipbalm, they're so much better!:)

So here's the breakdown:

EZ Baby - Milky light pink, no shimmer

Take a Hint- Light pink with shimmer (almost pearly?) reminds me of a lighter version of Gentle Shimmer Slimshine *my favorite so far, 1/2 gone already & just got it the beginning of June.:O

Hot & Saucy - Sheer red no shimmer.

Sweet & Nice - Plum/Grape with shimmer.

on 6/27/2008 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Help please - which has more pigmentation - Take a Hint or Sweet Tooth? I want to buy one during my lunch hour so I'd appreciate any input. Thanks!
Never mind I ended up buying both Take a Hint and Sweet Tooth. I love the texture and smell. I wish they had slightly more pigmentation but overall it's good. Shiny and great for summer. I think I like Sweet Tooth slightly more but both are pretty!

on 6/26/2008 8:47:00 AM

It looks good and it smells good too, but too bad it didnt have any a hint of sweet taste like the regular TLC. Overall it still a very good lip conditioner coz of it's creamy texture. It;s creamier than the regular's, so i think it's good for ppl who's looking for a thicker lipmbalm texture

The downside is the glass pot, it;s kinda haevy

on 6/24/2008 3:01:00 PM

I love this product! it's smoother and less sticky than lip gloss! i bought it in honey bare. it's not too shiny or too tinted. its perfect!