MAC Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
MAC Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS OCTINOXATE 7.50%, OCTISALATE 2.00%, AVOBENZONE 1.50% INGREDIENTS PETROLATUM, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER, COFFEA ARABICA (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT EXTRACT, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT BRAN) EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, WATER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ETHYLCELLULOSE, CHOLESTEROL, PENTAERYTHRITYL ADIPATE/CAPRATE/CAPRYLATE/HEPTANOATE, HYDROGENATED DILINOLEYL ALCOHOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, LINOLEIC ACID, OLEIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, POTASSIUM SULFATE, SILICA, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, ALUMINA, TIN OXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, FRAGRANCE, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL [+/- MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BLUE 1 (CI 42090), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 7 (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), RED 30 (CI 73360), RED 33 (CI 17200), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 10 (CI 47005), YELLOW 10 LAKE (CI 47005)]

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I loved every aspect of the tendertones when mac released them. Soft colors, comfortable wear, nice packaging. But... my lips dry out with this so badly !! I've the same irritation with clinique buttershine, so it might be something in those new gel formula... too bad.

on 6/26/2008 8:47:00 AM

It looks good and it smells good too, but too bad it didnt have any a hint of sweet taste like the regular TLC. Overall it still a very good lip conditioner coz of it's creamy texture. It;s creamier than the regular's, so i think it's good for ppl who's looking for a thicker lipmbalm texture

The downside is the glass pot, it;s kinda haevy

on 6/19/2008 11:31:00 PM

I just received two of these in the mail today and they are great! I got them in Sweet Tooth (a coral color) and Take a Hint (a light pink). I think they are limited edition so they won't last for long but they are great especially with SPF in them! They live your lips soft and luscious and leave a hint of color that is perfect for work or summertime! I love these and will probably purchase more soon! They are pretty cheap for what you get! They will last a long time!

The day they stop making this is the day I die (joking).
On a more serious note, it is a fabulous lip treatment. It provides excellent colour (I got tender baby), isn't sticky, provides SPF 12, moisturizing, smells fruity and doesn't taste bad.
I love how it's not too glossy like some lip glosses but still provides a nice pretty sheen with just the right amount of pigment.

My HG <3 I had a hard time choosing between Tender Baby and Take a Hint but chose the former in the end...both are beautiful pinks

The only con is that I need to use a lip brush to apply this (I wouldn't dip my fingers in...unsanitary). However if this was in a lipgloss form, it'll be too glossy/liquidy and if it was in a stick form, it'd be too dry.
I think MAC made it in a pot so the texture would end up looking in between a sheer lipstick and a lipgloss.

Active Ingredients:
Octinoxate 7.50% W/W, Octisalate 2.00% W/W, Avobenzone 1.50% W/W

I got this as a gift, and I'm glad that I didn't spend $14 on it. Sorry but this was just blah. Yes, it was nice and moisturizing, but not more so than any other lip product I've tried, d/s or h/e (and for the record, they don't make that much difference unless your lips are seriously damaged). Deep sigh, the darkest shade, didn't show up on me at all. My lips aren't THAT pigmented, are they? Even bonne bell lipsmackers in strawberry/strawberry kiwi not only smell better, they seem to moisturize about the same amount and actually give my lips a little color. o-v-e-r-h-y-p-e-d.

on 6/29/2007 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

When I saw these I thought they would just be a prettier version of the TLCs and wow was I wrong. These are 10x better in about every way. I'm very picky about how lip things smell and this has to be one of the best scents I've ever smelled for a gloss. It's fruity but not overpowering and there's absolutely no nasty sunscreen taste like in the TLCs. The colors are sheer with just a touch of color so they're perfect for everyday wear, especially in the summer. My only complaint is that they're LE! :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have these in Pucker and Warm Smile and while I looooooooved them for the first week of use, after a while I began to get cyst like pimples at the corners and around my mouth! Something in this is giving me icky lip line breakouts. Wouldn't be the first time though, Lipglass does the same thing, as well as Stila Lipsticks and Laura Mercier Lip Balm! Yuck!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

No complaints at all about this product.. it's the best lip conditioner that mac has to offer.. it's slick, moisturizing to your lips and it smells oh so yummy .. now who can beat that! I first purchased warm smile which looks exactly like my lips with a slight tint to it.. then i ordered pucker and both are awesome. I really hope they don't actually discontinue this product b/c i would be :-( I love it

Oh. My. Goodness. Do I LOVE these things!! I love everything about them from their taste, feel, the cute little packaging... I bought Pucker and Take a Hint so far, and I plan to get ALL of them. IMO they are the best lip product MAC has ever made, and I have tried them all. I have already emailed MAC begging them to make these a permanent part of the line! I will buy several backups of my favorite shades, and I very rarely ever buy backups. They feel great on my lips. Very soft and smooth. Not heavy or sticky at all. And living in Florida, the SPF protection is necessary for me. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Tendertones are just amazing!!

EDIT: After a week of using the 2 I originally purchased, I went out and bought Softnote, Shush, and Hush Hush and plan on getting Purring and Tender Baby. These are my new HG lip balm!!

Top Rated Lip Treatments