MAC Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination
MAC Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS OCTINOXATE 7.50%, OCTISALATE 2.00%, AVOBENZONE 1.50% INGREDIENTS PETROLATUM, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER, COFFEA ARABICA (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT EXTRACT, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT BRAN) EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, WATER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ETHYLCELLULOSE, CHOLESTEROL, PENTAERYTHRITYL ADIPATE/CAPRATE/CAPRYLATE/HEPTANOATE, HYDROGENATED DILINOLEYL ALCOHOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, LINOLEIC ACID, OLEIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, POTASSIUM SULFATE, SILICA, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, ALUMINA, TIN OXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, FRAGRANCE, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL [+/- MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BLUE 1 (CI 42090), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 7 (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), RED 30 (CI 73360), RED 33 (CI 17200), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 10 (CI 47005), YELLOW 10 LAKE (CI 47005)]

on 2/15/2014 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this back when it was on sale, around Summer 2012? The color I bought it in was Purring, a lovely tangerine color. When I first received it, I loved the orange color as it would take out the mauve of my pigmented lips, but this color in the pot only lasted for about 2 months.

The further I used it, however, I discovered that the lip balm oxidized and turned into a lovely coral pink shade. I love the shade, but I am very surprised that it turned into such a different color from it's original shade.

The texture is what came as a true downside for me, however. The texture is moderately tacky. I don't tend to mind this much, but for those who dislike this texture, steer clear of this product. The finish of this balm is a glossy finish, something I do like, but I was greatly disappointed by the moisturizing properties of this balm. This balm verges on the low end of being moisturizing. When I apply this balm, it doesn't sink into my lips like my other products do and instead seems to sit on top of the lips, sinking in VERY slowly if at all. I find that I have to apply this multiple times during the day to keep my lips somewhat hydrated and even then, I still have multiple dry patches.

The packaging was great. It comes in a sturdy glass pot with a black plastic screw top. Very simple and chic and I love knowing that it won't spill around when it is rolling around in my bag. However, I don't relish the fact that I have to dig my finger into the pot to get product, something that I find breeds germs. I would have preferred for it to have come in a squeeze tube. This would make it more sanitary

Overall, MAC wins once again with its cute packaging, even if it's not the most sanitary, but the overal texture and moisturizing properties of this balm are quite lackluster. Pick this balm if you want a moderately moisturizing balm with glossy effects but don't get your hopes up if you have dry sensitize and peeling lips.

I have this in purring, a sheer orange-coral shade. At first this looked more orange but as I've gone deeper in the pot it appears more coral. This on it's own gives my lips a soft healthy appearance with a peachy tint and some shine. It smells and tastes delicious, like strawberry-kiwi! I would happily repurchase or try other shades even though they are pretty pricy. This is the product you want on your lips when a guy kisses you haha ;)

on 4/6/2012 10:36:00 AM

HG lip product for me! I use it at night, just before I go to bed and it has completely changed my lips. No more chapped, peeling lips! Amazing and will definitely repurchase.

on 3/20/2012 7:47:00 PM

I bought this in the shade Purring (mandarine orange) because I loved the look of it in the pot and orange colours look great on my lips. Surprise, surprise the colour doesn't really show up on my lips.

Positives:
Quite moisturising
Smells good
Gives wet look lips without shimmer which I love
SPF
Solid packaging - the same pot that they use for paint pots. Have only had this for a week or so but I'm willing to be the consistency will stay the same all the way down to the bottom of the jar.
Pot packagin - can use all the product.

Negatives:
Doesn't last - especially if you eat or drink. Put something to your lips and this product will exeunte straight away.
Colour doesn't show up (or at least Purring doesn't - you may have better luck with a red or fuschia)
Wet feel - product doesn't sink into the lips
Moisturising is superficial and if you have chapped lips this will do nothing for them.

Won't buy again because the negatives are too many for the high price of this product. I get much better results with a cheaper chemist product like Lucas Paw Paw Ointment or Blistex stuff. But I will use all the way to the bottom of the jar.

on 2/19/2010 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I just LOVE the tendertones. I have a bunch of them and they glide on and keep your lips smooth and hydrated and soft with just a hint of color. I wear them on the days that I want more of a natural look, like Saturday morning running errands or the mall or for the bedroom (wink) when you want a lil sumptin sumptin but still wanna keep it light, fresh and sexy…it tastes pretty good too. You get the best bang for your buck when you get them off ebay or at the CCO. My only con is that it's in pot form and I don't like to dig my finger in to get it and using a lip brush can be a little too cumbersome when you are trying to put something on quickly.

This is absolutely one of my all time favourite HG lip glosses - and I've owned hundreds. Im really not a huge MAC fan either, so I was late trying these out but am SO glad that I did. I know some people dont like the pot but I dont mind it, and I especially like that its a glass pot - it feels substantial, wont crack or get cheap looking after being tossed around in your bag....its really very nice packaging and you get quite a lot of product in it. I love the smell, strawberry kiwi is the consensus - but it smells so summery, I love it! The texture....you can feel the petroleum in it but it seems to be mixed up well enough with other ingredients that it doesnt feel oily and greasy the way Vaseline on your lips does - it is thicker and relatively long lasting but not sticky at all and equals a fantastic texture. The colors are also fantastic, super summery shades that are lots of fun. Yes they are sheer, but I still find I can get a nice tint of color with most of them and the lighter shades are great at giving a bit of a nude effect because they are thicker in texture. I really love Shush, EZ Baby and Sweet Tooth, but to be honest, I dont think there are many of the shades I would turn down at this point. All in all, these are pretty near to being the perfect lip gloss. I hate that this is not a permanent item, or at the very least a seasonal item. Grrr MAC why must you not carry the one item I truly LOVE that you made and cant live without! Im seriously on a misson to stock up on these so I have enough to last for years and years....seriously - thats how fantastic these are!

i love these things. they are my favorite product mac has ever came out with! they are the first thing i put on my lips in the morning and the last thing i put on before i go to bed. they condition my lips and leave them feeling great. i love that they have spf too which makes them perfect especially in the summer time when you are at the pool or beach. i think at one point i have owned every single one! my favorites are shush, tread gently and honey bare. the only negative thing i can say about them is they are not very pigmented but i love them either way!

This is NOT a lip gloss....after reading people complain about the lack of pigmentation, i was perplexed. this is NOT marketed as a gloss. anyways, end of that. I LOVE tendertones. I've got about 6 (4 from old collection & 2 from new one). I absolutely love the smell, love the feel and could not be happier with these. I've always been able to buy them at the CCO so I have never paid full price which is great. One of my favorite lip conditioners (besides burts bees)

on 5/20/2009 5:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I just picked up my first one of these yesterday and I like it but I don't love it. Not sticky, nice color, no lasting power (but it's a gloss, they never last), and a way too strong smell. I got it at my CCO for a discount, so I think it was a good purchase. If it was a bit more shiny it would be perfect and only lightly scented it would be perfect.

on 4/8/2009 9:03:00 PM

Tendertones are amazing, my fav lip conditioner. The packaging is great, they are really moisturising and they smell fantastic, they're not too sticky. I don't wear lipstick, only gloss and usually light colours so the tendertones are great for me. Love it.

Top Rated Lip Treatments