MAC Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Dry
MAC Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS OCTINOXATE 7.50%, OCTISALATE 2.00%, AVOBENZONE 1.50% INGREDIENTS PETROLATUM, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER, COFFEA ARABICA (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT EXTRACT, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT BRAN) EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, WATER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ETHYLCELLULOSE, CHOLESTEROL, PENTAERYTHRITYL ADIPATE/CAPRATE/CAPRYLATE/HEPTANOATE, HYDROGENATED DILINOLEYL ALCOHOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, LINOLEIC ACID, OLEIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, POTASSIUM SULFATE, SILICA, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, ALUMINA, TIN OXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, FRAGRANCE, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL [+/- MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BLUE 1 (CI 42090), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 7 (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), RED 30 (CI 73360), RED 33 (CI 17200), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 10 (CI 47005), YELLOW 10 LAKE (CI 47005)]

on 4/2/2012 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the MAC tendertone in tread softly a few days ago and I'm completely obsessed with it!! Firstly it smells so so amazing and it makes your lips look really pretty. And it also has SPF whichis awesome
Unfortunately, I dont feel like it moisturizers my lips alot. I mean it does but not to the extent of other chapsticks.

on 4/17/2010 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Tendertones are like happy thoughts in a pot :) I LOVE them! My favorite's probably Tread Gently because it's GREEN! Although Tendertones aren't very pigmented, they're very moisturizing & feel great on the lips! Plus, they smell absolutely delicious (like strawberry kiwi.) I'm so sad they've discontinued these & really hope they'll bring some back this summer!

on 12/2/2009 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I absolute adore these lip treatments, not only is the scent is quite amazing and fruity scented like strawberry kiwi, but they are extremely lush on the lips.

I have forever dry skin on my face and lips, which is a never ending battle finding something that would end the dryness on my lips. As long as I used these (while I still have a large stock) my lips were extremely moisturized.

I could tell the difference immediately when I stopped using these because after about a week my lips dried out again. The consistency is nice and smooth without being sticky and obnoxious like some lipglosses.

The colors in these are quite delightful, and extremely sheer that gives you just a little pop of color. Some have no color, so have glitter and some do not, it is just a shame these are not sold year round.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Tendertones are fantastic. They keep my lips moisturized as well as provide that glossy finish that I love. They smell fantastic, and they are sheer enough to where I'm not afraid to wear just about any of them. These are perfect for day wear any day of the week. I keep one in my bag all the time. They're perfect, if not a little pricey.

on 6/13/2008 2:08:00 PM

The MAC tendertones lip balms are a re-promote from last year. I purchased these in Take a Hint, Hush Hush and Pucker. These come packaged in little glass jars similar to those of the paint pots. Each pot weighs about an oz or two but since I carry around a lot of stuff in my purse, it's weight is hardly any issue for me. There seems to be quite a decent amount of product in the package and a little goes a long way. The product goes on creamy, not sticky like gloss and has a strawberry kiwi scent/taste to it. Don't expect too much of a tint though as these go on very light. I took a lippie off since I'm not too fond of potted balms, for hygiene purposes. So I either use a lip brush or make sure my hands are clean. Another minor downside is these tend to feel and taste a bit waxy for me. The balm tends to "smear" over my lips after some time. If you don't mind splurging a bit on tinted balms then tendertones is a good buy. I'll definitely repurchase these.

on 6/7/2008 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought Take a Hint. A slightly frosty sheer bright pink shade. It goes on super sheer, but the color does kinda show up in pictures. I love that it has SPF, but it`s so hard that I have to try hard to get enough on my lips to be moisturizing. Decent staying power, 2 hours tops. I will definitley try some other shades, like a tan colored one this time.

Love 3x these Tendertones!! I got one so far but have been applying it constantly. It's really non-sticky, glossy, adds hint of color, tastes good, and it has SPF as well. Moreover, it feels so good on my lips unlike some glosses out there. I'm definitely buying more, hope MAC will keep these as part of permanent line. My only gripe is the packaging: I wish it's not so heavy and in tubes instead.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Just what I need, another lip balm. I have to admit though, that this is definitely one of the better ones I've tried and I'll buy more shades to replace other balms I currently have (including my MAC tinted lip conditioner). I have this in Purring which is a wonderful color for summer. It looks like true orange in the pot, but obviously looks much more sheer on the lips. Makes my lips VERY happy! It's conditioning without being greasy and the staying power is admirable for a balm. I did take a lippie off for the pot for reasons mentioned by previous reviewers, but it looks like I'll be forking over more dough at the MAC counter for other shades I must have.

Popular Lip Treatments