MAC Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
MAC Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS OCTINOXATE 7.50%, OCTISALATE 2.00%, AVOBENZONE 1.50% INGREDIENTS PETROLATUM, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER, COFFEA ARABICA (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT EXTRACT, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT BRAN) EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, WATER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ETHYLCELLULOSE, CHOLESTEROL, PENTAERYTHRITYL ADIPATE/CAPRATE/CAPRYLATE/HEPTANOATE, HYDROGENATED DILINOLEYL ALCOHOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, LINOLEIC ACID, OLEIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, POTASSIUM SULFATE, SILICA, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, ALUMINA, TIN OXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, FRAGRANCE, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL [+/- MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BLUE 1 (CI 42090), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 7 (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), RED 30 (CI 73360), RED 33 (CI 17200), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 10 (CI 47005), YELLOW 10 LAKE (CI 47005)]

I have this in purring, a sheer orange-coral shade. At first this looked more orange but as I've gone deeper in the pot it appears more coral. This on it's own gives my lips a soft healthy appearance with a peachy tint and some shine. It smells and tastes delicious, like strawberry-kiwi! I would happily repurchase or try other shades even though they are pretty pricy. This is the product you want on your lips when a guy kisses you haha ;)

on 3/20/2012 7:47:00 PM

I bought this in the shade Purring (mandarine orange) because I loved the look of it in the pot and orange colours look great on my lips. Surprise, surprise the colour doesn't really show up on my lips.

Positives:
Quite moisturising
Smells good
Gives wet look lips without shimmer which I love
SPF
Solid packaging - the same pot that they use for paint pots. Have only had this for a week or so but I'm willing to be the consistency will stay the same all the way down to the bottom of the jar.
Pot packagin - can use all the product.

Negatives:
Doesn't last - especially if you eat or drink. Put something to your lips and this product will exeunte straight away.
Colour doesn't show up (or at least Purring doesn't - you may have better luck with a red or fuschia)
Wet feel - product doesn't sink into the lips
Moisturising is superficial and if you have chapped lips this will do nothing for them.

Won't buy again because the negatives are too many for the high price of this product. I get much better results with a cheaper chemist product like Lucas Paw Paw Ointment or Blistex stuff. But I will use all the way to the bottom of the jar.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love mac tendertone in purring.beautiful orange lip balm sheer on lips.feel great on lip.even after it wears off.i find myself reaching for this everyday which is rare for me because I love lip products and I, have my fair share of them.i brought 2 of these in this color I love it just that much

on 4/17/2010 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Tendertones are like happy thoughts in a pot :) I LOVE them! My favorite's probably Tread Gently because it's GREEN! Although Tendertones aren't very pigmented, they're very moisturizing & feel great on the lips! Plus, they smell absolutely delicious (like strawberry kiwi.) I'm so sad they've discontinued these & really hope they'll bring some back this summer!

This is absolutely one of my all time favourite HG lip glosses - and I've owned hundreds. Im really not a huge MAC fan either, so I was late trying these out but am SO glad that I did. I know some people dont like the pot but I dont mind it, and I especially like that its a glass pot - it feels substantial, wont crack or get cheap looking after being tossed around in your bag....its really very nice packaging and you get quite a lot of product in it. I love the smell, strawberry kiwi is the consensus - but it smells so summery, I love it! The texture....you can feel the petroleum in it but it seems to be mixed up well enough with other ingredients that it doesnt feel oily and greasy the way Vaseline on your lips does - it is thicker and relatively long lasting but not sticky at all and equals a fantastic texture. The colors are also fantastic, super summery shades that are lots of fun. Yes they are sheer, but I still find I can get a nice tint of color with most of them and the lighter shades are great at giving a bit of a nude effect because they are thicker in texture. I really love Shush, EZ Baby and Sweet Tooth, but to be honest, I dont think there are many of the shades I would turn down at this point. All in all, these are pretty near to being the perfect lip gloss. I hate that this is not a permanent item, or at the very least a seasonal item. Grrr MAC why must you not carry the one item I truly LOVE that you made and cant live without! Im seriously on a misson to stock up on these so I have enough to last for years and years....seriously - thats how fantastic these are!

on 1/10/2010 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I truthfully like mac tendertones better than their tinted lip conditioner. It smells like strawberry kiwi and it makes my lips soft. I love it! I heard they dicontinued it though. I would buy more if I could.

on 12/2/2009 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I absolute adore these lip treatments, not only is the scent is quite amazing and fruity scented like strawberry kiwi, but they are extremely lush on the lips.

I have forever dry skin on my face and lips, which is a never ending battle finding something that would end the dryness on my lips. As long as I used these (while I still have a large stock) my lips were extremely moisturized.

I could tell the difference immediately when I stopped using these because after about a week my lips dried out again. The consistency is nice and smooth without being sticky and obnoxious like some lipglosses.

The colors in these are quite delightful, and extremely sheer that gives you just a little pop of color. Some have no color, so have glitter and some do not, it is just a shame these are not sold year round.

This is NOT a lip gloss....after reading people complain about the lack of pigmentation, i was perplexed. this is NOT marketed as a gloss. anyways, end of that. I LOVE tendertones. I've got about 6 (4 from old collection & 2 from new one). I absolutely love the smell, love the feel and could not be happier with these. I've always been able to buy them at the CCO so I have never paid full price which is great. One of my favorite lip conditioners (besides burts bees)

on 5/20/2009 5:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I just picked up my first one of these yesterday and I like it but I don't love it. Not sticky, nice color, no lasting power (but it's a gloss, they never last), and a way too strong smell. I got it at my CCO for a discount, so I think it was a good purchase. If it was a bit more shiny it would be perfect and only lightly scented it would be perfect.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Tendertones are fantastic. They keep my lips moisturized as well as provide that glossy finish that I love. They smell fantastic, and they are sheer enough to where I'm not afraid to wear just about any of them. These are perfect for day wear any day of the week. I keep one in my bag all the time. They're perfect, if not a little pricey.

Top Rated Lip Treatments