MAC Cosmetics Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
MAC Cosmetics Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS OCTINOXATE 7.50%, OCTISALATE 2.00%, AVOBENZONE 1.50% INGREDIENTS PETROLATUM, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER, COFFEA ARABICA (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT EXTRACT, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT BRAN) EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, WATER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ETHYLCELLULOSE, CHOLESTEROL, PENTAERYTHRITYL ADIPATE/CAPRATE/CAPRYLATE/HEPTANOATE, HYDROGENATED DILINOLEYL ALCOHOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, LINOLEIC ACID, OLEIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, POTASSIUM SULFATE, SILICA, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, ALUMINA, TIN OXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, FRAGRANCE, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL [+/- MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BLUE 1 (CI 42090), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 7 (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), RED 30 (CI 73360), RED 33 (CI 17200), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 10 (CI 47005), YELLOW 10 LAKE (CI 47005)]

on 6/7/2008 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought Take a Hint. A slightly frosty sheer bright pink shade. It goes on super sheer, but the color does kinda show up in pictures. I love that it has SPF, but it`s so hard that I have to try hard to get enough on my lips to be moisturizing. Decent staying power, 2 hours tops. I will definitley try some other shades, like a tan colored one this time.

on 10/11/2007 11:01:00 AM

I got this in Warm Smile and I absolutely love it! I'm not really a lipgloss person since they are sticky and perhaps too shiny for work (I work with a bunch of engineers).
But this stuff is just the perfect mix of color and gloss and it smells great too! I kind of don't like sticking my finger in the pot in the middle of the day though..perhaps I'll bring a mini lipbrush with me in my bag :).
The color goes well against my tan asian skin! I'm sure this would look good against any complexion. The color is just what its name implies..warm..kind of brownish reddish peachish :)

on 6/1/2007 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was excited about these for months before they came out and they're a lot of fun. I'm not particularly fond of pot glosses but these are so purdy in the pots. On the lips, they deliver a very sheer hint of color, overall. They're very thick and moisturizing as they are made with a petrolatum base (not petroleum, I stand corrected) so they won't dry out the lips. They have a scent that reminds me of watermelon, at least initally, and then it wears off to leave behind the typical plasticky vanilla taste that the TLCs have, only not nearly as strong.

I have this in Pucker, the deepest color in the lot, described as Sheer Raspberry. On me, it's a cool-toned berry with subtle shimmer and alone it's extremely subtle on my pigmented lips. Over lipliner (MAC Soar) it's really pretty YLBB berry pink.
MMM/NC30-37

on 1/31/2009 3:13:00 PM

i love tendertones! i have one in hush hush and take a hint. . i they are moisturizign and smell good. although i wish it had a bit more pigment in them , its ok they still have a nice shimer to it.

on 11/26/2008 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in Pucker, which is a 'dark' berry-color in the pot- but looks transparant on me. I really like how this moisturizes my lips and looks glossy at the same time.
The packaging looks great, but I don't like to use my vingers to get the product out the pot, just feels so unsanitary.

a lot of people say they hate that they have to stick their fingers into the jar. but for some reason thats something i love about this product. im pretty strange huh? this stuff feels like a balm on your lips very smooth and moisturizing BUT it looks like lipgloss! which i love because when i wear lipgloss i usually use my labello lip balm underneath and thats another step i have to do. where as tendertones i can just put those on and its gloss and balm all in one. they smell soooo good. i have tread gently, hush hush, and ez baby which is my favourite. and i will be getting soft note and either shush! or tenderbaby very soon.

on 6/26/2008 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I freaking love this product, I am in love with this little pots. I have these in Take A Hint, and I plan to buy all of them soon before they sold out! The only thing I worry before applying it is the germs in my fingers. Its pretty unsanitary to dip in your dirty finger in there, so before I put it on I always have to use hand sanitizer first.

i just bought tendertones in honey bare (2), take a hint, hush hush and pucker and i must say that is not enough. i absolutely ADORE tendertones. they provide moisture and have spf 12!!! i did think like everyone else before i tried this that it would be much like the tinted conditioner until i smelled it at the mac counter i was taken away! i immediatly purchased two, applying it at the mall made me realize i better hurry up and buy 3 more. it passed all of my lip product tests, it wasnt sticky, it didnt smell nor test bad (a good product that tastes and smells good is my weakness) the sparkle in it wasnt over powering and the boyfriend liked it. with the four colors i already have i would have to say that pucker is the deepest pigmented but only leaves a trace of color on my lips the other three are warmer and pinker shades that are also very sheer. i am definitaly loving the tendertones collection and will probably end up spending way too much money on it since it is limited edition and need to stock up (smart mac people!!) the price is a little high ive paid less & ive paid more for lip products but this is just a great product well worth the money and you only need to apply a little to get the effect that i love so i would have to say that they will probably last me until the next tendertones collection is out. those debating on purchasing this or not i would tell them to do it! &&buy alot!

on 2/15/2008 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

"PUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRING~~~!"

I love this stuff! except the artificial fruity taste I get. But still I love this lip balm. The texture is light but very moisturizing and the color really tints my lips so it looks super natural. I have this color is purring and looks lovely against my NC 40/42 tone!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

OMG, I love this stuff. Ever since being on Accutane, my lips have been extremely dry, peeling and even cracking. Most of the time, my lips just hurt from being so dry.

I couldnt wear any lipgloss as it would just irritate and dry out my lips even more. I had given up on the notion where I can wear come color on my lips. I thought I would just have to put Aquaphore on my lips and that was it.

Well, not so with Tendertones. I have the color Take a Hint, which is a sheer baby pink. The best part about these is that it is so moisterizing. I can actually wear this and it feels so good on my lips. It gives my lips so much moisture that it doesnt look flaky and peeling. And it lasts a pretty long time too. Even when it wears off, I can feel the moisture still. And it gives me that super pouty sheer pink shiny gloss look that I love.

I am gonna go back and stock up on these in case they stop making them. These are the best things ever for lips.