MAC Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
MAC Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS OCTINOXATE 7.50%, OCTISALATE 2.00%, AVOBENZONE 1.50% INGREDIENTS PETROLATUM, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER, COFFEA ARABICA (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT EXTRACT, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT BRAN) EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, WATER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ETHYLCELLULOSE, CHOLESTEROL, PENTAERYTHRITYL ADIPATE/CAPRATE/CAPRYLATE/HEPTANOATE, HYDROGENATED DILINOLEYL ALCOHOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, LINOLEIC ACID, OLEIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, POTASSIUM SULFATE, SILICA, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, ALUMINA, TIN OXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, FRAGRANCE, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL [+/- MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BLUE 1 (CI 42090), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 7 (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), RED 30 (CI 73360), RED 33 (CI 17200), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 10 (CI 47005), YELLOW 10 LAKE (CI 47005)]

on 8/16/2008 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Mac states that the Tendertones combine the look of a gloss and the benefits of a balm and include an SPF of 12. The product is housed in a small glass pot with a black screw top lid and contains 6ml or 0.2 oz. of product. I purchased Pucker (Sheer red with blue and purple pearl) and Tender Baby (Sheer, creamy baby pink) Firstly, I have to say that I don't absolutely love these but then again I don't hate them either. I like my tinted lip products to pack a little punch in the color department and I find that these are a little too sheer for my liking. Having said that though, I don't believe that MAC intended these to be marketed as a gloss but rather as a lip conditioner or balm. The great thing about Tendertones is that they apply smoothly, aren't thick nor sticky and they feel quite moisturizing on my lips. The product is lightly scented with a sweet, fruity scent and has little to no taste.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the Tendertone because of a few beauty gurus on youtube, how much they loved these lip balms from MAC. Last week, I was shopping on ACW(AllCosmeticsWholesale.com), and found that they were selling a few Tendertones, so I picked the one called Purring. I just got my order in yesterday afternoon and went through and played with all the new goodies I had bought. I opened the lip balm and immediately noticed the light, fruity scent, then tried it on, and loved it! It goes on very smooth, not sticky, and it smells great!

I'm so glad I bought one...thinking about getting a few more in different colors...I'm assuming they all smell the same? Guess I'll find out!

And if you haven't alread..check out:
www.allcosmeticswholesale.com

on 4/2/2012 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the MAC tendertone in tread softly a few days ago and I'm completely obsessed with it!! Firstly it smells so so amazing and it makes your lips look really pretty. And it also has SPF whichis awesome
Unfortunately, I dont feel like it moisturizers my lips alot. I mean it does but not to the extent of other chapsticks.

on 11/5/2008 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Oooh I love my Hot 'n' Saucy Tendertones. I went through it pretty fast, but recently faster because I'm trying to recycle it for Back to Mac. I have extremely sensitive lips, they get crusty fast so I'm really choosy about my lip balm. Also, I don't have very naturally pigmented lips, they're pretty corpsey. Tendertone in Hot 'n' Saucy was my solution. Very emollient, nice little tint of red, and has SPF! Only thing is, it's in a pot, so you have to use your fingers or a lip brush. Smells like strawberry too, can't go wrong with that!

on 1/19/2008 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely love this stuff! I wish Mac would make it permanent. I have this is tenderbaby which is a pretty natural pink colour and quite sheer. The texture is soooo lush, a really silky smooth, non-sticky balm, I have never come across anything like this. The scent is yummy as well. Bring these back Mac!

on 6/19/2007 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i saw this online and had to check it out myself in the stores! i was looking at tender baby and take a hint and bought tender baby. i'm a lip gloss junkie...i really am...and the last thing i needed was something for my lips but i ssooo needed this!!! and yet, it had to be something pink because everything i have is a shade of pink! anyway, i dont regret buying this because it is adorable! it's a little heavy and expensive but hey, it is mac! i recently purchased cargo lip gloss in san fran and i love that too, but i never carry it in my ourse because im scared it might fall open and get everywhere! it looks like i'll be carrying this in my purse! i will look into investing another color. perhaps take a hint. i did try it out on my hand but it looked too sheer and glittery and the girl at mac reccomended tender baby for me. i regret not trying take a hint on me though because it has such good reviews here!!!

Top Rated Lip Treatments