MAC Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 36-43
MAC Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS OCTINOXATE 7.50%, OCTISALATE 2.00%, AVOBENZONE 1.50% INGREDIENTS PETROLATUM, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER, COFFEA ARABICA (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT EXTRACT, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT BRAN) EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, WATER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ETHYLCELLULOSE, CHOLESTEROL, PENTAERYTHRITYL ADIPATE/CAPRATE/CAPRYLATE/HEPTANOATE, HYDROGENATED DILINOLEYL ALCOHOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, LINOLEIC ACID, OLEIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, POTASSIUM SULFATE, SILICA, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, ALUMINA, TIN OXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, FRAGRANCE, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL [+/- MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BLUE 1 (CI 42090), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 7 (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), RED 30 (CI 73360), RED 33 (CI 17200), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 10 (CI 47005), YELLOW 10 LAKE (CI 47005)]

on 6/27/2008 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Help please - which has more pigmentation - Take a Hint or Sweet Tooth? I want to buy one during my lunch hour so I'd appreciate any input. Thanks!
Never mind I ended up buying both Take a Hint and Sweet Tooth. I love the texture and smell. I wish they had slightly more pigmentation but overall it's good. Shiny and great for summer. I think I like Sweet Tooth slightly more but both are pretty!

on 7/16/2007 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have this in Warm Smile and love it. It has just the right amount of sheen and feels very moisturizing. UPDATE: I rediscovered this recently. I had forgotten how much I love this. this shade is a perfect warm peachy nude. These do leave my lips softer. I wish they would make tendertones permanent.

Ok, let me say that I have to be either very impressed or very dissapointed with a makeup product to write a review, PLUS I have never tried a MAC makeup product yet, this is my first one. (love the brushes tho).

I went to buy the lip retractable mac brush 318 and ended buying one of these lovely tendertones in "take a hint". It is a sheer baby pink with noticeable shimmer but still nothing disco ball-esque.

Anyway, I came home and I am a happy camper. The MUA suggested to buy the darker brown, (I think the name is "deep sigh"), and "pucker" because he said those two are the ones selling like hot pancakes but I am very happy I decided to go with "take a hint".

For how it looked when I tried them both, I would say that pucker is not as shimmery as take a hint, pucker is more of a raspberry to purplish color and take a hint is a nice baby pink loaded with shimmer.

I have yellowish, medium to fair latino skin, only able to wear warm tones , so usually berries, mauves, pinks, and plums (and any cool tones) look hideous on me but this pink is a winner.

The amount of lip gloss in the pot is great! The price is perfect for such amount of product. I don't have a problem with the product being in a jar, since I as said before, I just bought the portable mac lip brush and cannot stop using them both.

I see myself using it until it is gone, which is too much to say since I usually forget about my lip products once I get something else. 5 lippies!

Update: I went back for "deep sigh" (wanted to have one brown shade). After having "deep sigh" on for about 4 hours it started tasting like SPF, yuck!! It was still showing in my lips so it really lasts, but the smell/taste of SPF was getting strong by the minute!!. Only happened with deep sigh, not with take a hint. I had to take a lippie off because of that. Bummer! :(

on 6/7/2007 12:19:00 PM

I love this product SO much. I always use a lip brush so the packaging suits me fine as well. I have Pucker ( a beautiful , universal, raspberry colour) and I also have Deep Sigh ( sheer bronze with a glowing ,rosy red sheen ). Both are absolutely gorgeous ( I am blonde with blue eyes). The formulation feels smooth and non sticky ( and it never gums up or leaves the dreaded white film ) - and the colour actually lasts a long time. This is definitely one of the best products to come out in a while . I want to get all the colours for sure .... and the spf 12 is an added bonus !

on 6/5/2007 12:59:00 PM

Oh how I wish Tendertones came in a tube! I love love love this product...purchased Hush, Hush and Warm Smile for $14.50 each through the MAC website...so pretty on, love the fruity scent and the SPF12 is an added bonus. I hope they make these a part of the regular line-up but put them in a tube!!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Just what I need, another lip balm. I have to admit though, that this is definitely one of the better ones I've tried and I'll buy more shades to replace other balms I currently have (including my MAC tinted lip conditioner). I have this in Purring which is a wonderful color for summer. It looks like true orange in the pot, but obviously looks much more sheer on the lips. Makes my lips VERY happy! It's conditioning without being greasy and the staying power is admirable for a balm. I did take a lippie off for the pot for reasons mentioned by previous reviewers, but it looks like I'll be forking over more dough at the MAC counter for other shades I must have.

Top Rated Lip Treatments