MAC Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 30-35
MAC Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

4.8

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS OCTINOXATE 7.50%, OCTISALATE 2.00%, AVOBENZONE 1.50% INGREDIENTS PETROLATUM, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER, COFFEA ARABICA (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT EXTRACT, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT BRAN) EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, WATER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ETHYLCELLULOSE, CHOLESTEROL, PENTAERYTHRITYL ADIPATE/CAPRATE/CAPRYLATE/HEPTANOATE, HYDROGENATED DILINOLEYL ALCOHOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, LINOLEIC ACID, OLEIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, POTASSIUM SULFATE, SILICA, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, ALUMINA, TIN OXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, FRAGRANCE, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL [+/- MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BLUE 1 (CI 42090), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 7 (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), RED 30 (CI 73360), RED 33 (CI 17200), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 10 (CI 47005), YELLOW 10 LAKE (CI 47005)]

on 2/28/2012 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I heard about these a couple years ago & have been wanting to try get one but at the time I had to settle for L'oreal's hip jelly balm (plush 120) which are alright, you don't get much as the tendertones and the texture is a bit thicker. However, back to the tendertones I recently was able to get the green one, tread gently. Which I really like, its feels & smells good!! I would definitley get another one, if available.

on 2/19/2010 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I just LOVE the tendertones. I have a bunch of them and they glide on and keep your lips smooth and hydrated and soft with just a hint of color. I wear them on the days that I want more of a natural look, like Saturday morning running errands or the mall or for the bedroom (wink) when you want a lil sumptin sumptin but still wanna keep it light, fresh and sexy…it tastes pretty good too. You get the best bang for your buck when you get them off ebay or at the CCO. My only con is that it's in pot form and I don't like to dig my finger in to get it and using a lip brush can be a little too cumbersome when you are trying to put something on quickly.

I love these! When I got the MAC e-mail of this, I didn't really pay attention to them. Then I went to MAC & saw them in
person, I knew I wanted EZ Baby & then I saw Take a Hint, just so pretty! So I started with those 2, they are pretty sheer, but that's fine with me. For a little more color I ordered Hot & Saucy & Sweet & Nice, when they had F&F sale. Oh & the fruity scent is just so good, like previously stated, I too love it! The feel is just so moisturizing & feels I want to say cushiony? They feel so good I even use at bedtime. To me they are not your average lipbalm, they're so much better!:)

So here's the breakdown:

EZ Baby - Milky light pink, no shimmer

Take a Hint- Light pink with shimmer (almost pearly?) reminds me of a lighter version of Gentle Shimmer Slimshine *my favorite so far, 1/2 gone already & just got it the beginning of June.:O

Hot & Saucy - Sheer red no shimmer.

Sweet & Nice - Plum/Grape with shimmer.

on 6/13/2008 2:08:00 PM

The MAC tendertones lip balms are a re-promote from last year. I purchased these in Take a Hint, Hush Hush and Pucker. These come packaged in little glass jars similar to those of the paint pots. Each pot weighs about an oz or two but since I carry around a lot of stuff in my purse, it's weight is hardly any issue for me. There seems to be quite a decent amount of product in the package and a little goes a long way. The product goes on creamy, not sticky like gloss and has a strawberry kiwi scent/taste to it. Don't expect too much of a tint though as these go on very light. I took a lippie off since I'm not too fond of potted balms, for hygiene purposes. So I either use a lip brush or make sure my hands are clean. Another minor downside is these tend to feel and taste a bit waxy for me. The balm tends to "smear" over my lips after some time. If you don't mind splurging a bit on tinted balms then tendertones is a good buy. I'll definitely repurchase these.

on 2/15/2008 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

"PUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRING~~~!"

I love this stuff! except the artificial fruity taste I get. But still I love this lip balm. The texture is light but very moisturizing and the color really tints my lips so it looks super natural. I have this color is purring and looks lovely against my NC 40/42 tone!

I picked up Pucker from a friend, and I am very much in love with it, sheer, smooth, and long lasting, the only true and only downsides are the price, though I don't think it would deter me from buying one again. And the top can come unscrewed in your makeup bag making for a very messy cleanup of other items held within.

on 7/5/2007 3:44:00 PM

YES, I would repurchase. I have every Lustre glass & Lipglass availabe (and some LEs), so obviously i was trying to not even think about this product...but when i went to MAC and i tried them i was in love: texture, spf that actually works thanks to avobenzone, smell, cute jars....I bought three and I want more!!! I love them so much and they are so versatile. i use some with lipliner, mixed with lipglass, topped with lipglas, on top of lipstick....I want MAC to make them permanent. PLEASE MAC, LET US KEEP THOSE FOREVER!!! :)
oH & my BH likes the smell to ;)
edit: just purchased three other colours and i feel that MAC came out with a perfect tone for every shade ofg lipstick. I cought myself reapplying this even after dinner - normally i don't use spf products after sunset LOL

This is some Great Lip Balm. So yummy and it has staying power which alot of lip balms dont have. I purchased the Pucker/ raspberry color and although in the pot it looks Fuschia, when applied it gives a lovely soft pink tint. So very soft and pretty and perfect for a natural summer look. I'm making my friends jealous everytime they visit with this stuff but I think it's only a matter of time before they get their own.

As usual, its the packaging which I would love improved. I use a brush to apply because fingers are just too messy and wasteful. Easy to do when your at home, but when you want to re-apply and your out and about, looking for the lip brush at the bottom of your purse... now it's a little more challenging. Still the Gloss is too fabulous not to own so go get some before its gone!

I was at the MAC counter when they puting these out. My MA showed them to me, but at 1st I wasn't impressed because I didn't care for the pot form and the fact I had to swipe my finger in there anytime I wanted to use it, so I passed on it...well, a few weeks later, I was back at the MAC counter and decided to give it a try, as the smell from these lip blams are so yummy!! My 1st one was Hush,Hush, and it is very sheer with the slightest hint of color...needless to say, I LOVE it!! I can't stop using them. It is perfect cause it is not waxy, yet smooth and lightweight, it has an SPF 12 which is always a plus...point being, I ran out and bought 6 more as they are LE...highly recommend it!!

Love 3x these Tendertones!! I got one so far but have been applying it constantly. It's really non-sticky, glossy, adds hint of color, tastes good, and it has SPF as well. Moreover, it feels so good on my lips unlike some glosses out there. I'm definitely buying more, hope MAC will keep these as part of permanent line. My only gripe is the packaging: I wish it's not so heavy and in tubes instead.