Boots No7 Maximum Volume Waterproof mascara

Boots  No7 Maximum Volume Waterproof mascara

3.0

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

ETA - removing stars after more use. This made my eyelashes fall out.

Pleasantly surprised. I normally don't use waterproof mascara, but it's been so hot and humid recently that I was winding up with raccoon eyes. As I doubt this weather will last (here in the UK), I just wanted something inexpensive that would do the job, so I popped into Boots and purchased this one based on the brush looking like the sort I like. It's fine, it works, it doesn't smudge or flake or clump (which is more than can be said for mascaras that cost 3x the price). I am not overly fussed about my lashes and don't really try to lengthen or volumise or anything like that. I just want them to look darker and defined, and for the mascara not to wind up all over my face or in my eyes. So based on those requirements, this is great, and a bargain too.

on 5/28/2010 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been on a hunt to find a great mascara, I tried out many and there is always something I don't like...either it's clumpy, or the brush sucks, or there's fall out...ect you get my point.
I came across this mascara at Target, I was just browsing and decided I'll take a chance on this one...not a lot of people use this so I thought why not...I like the fact that is was made in France they tend to produce better quality cosmetics.
I tried this mascara out and I absouluty love it! It doesn't dry so fast that you don't have time to build up the look you desire.
It kept my lashes kind of soft, unlike many mascaras.
It curled my lashes significantly well...and the curles held throughout the day.
It adds a resonable amount of volume...not too much.
It lengthened very well.
It separated the lashes very nicely, giving them a fuller look.
NO CLUMPING what so ever!!!
NO FALLOUT!!!
It gets all the little lashes, works wonderful for the lower lashes.
The only downside to this is, it takes a little longer to build the full and volumizing look.
Overall this is a great mascara and I will be buying this again!
I bought the regular version not the waterproof.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have this in black, and I absolutely love it! It coats my lashes well, doesn't smudge, lengthens well, adds volume, holds a curl while still looking natural, and it doesn't have a weird smell. The brush gets every single lash, even the teensy ones I didn't know I had! The color is true black, not too light or anything. I have had absolutely no problems with this mascara. This is one of my favorite mascara purchases Ever.

on 2/6/2009 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This review is for the Brown shade NON-waterproof product that is sold in the US at Target and in Canada at SDM. This is a great mascara. I ran out and spent a hour at Nordstrom trying to find a brown colour similar to this one. The department manager checked all brands they sell and not one was close. It is a nice medium brown shade that goes on well and looks great on someone with a fair complexion and strawberry blonde hair. Target sells them brown colour online only.

on 12/21/2008 8:58:00 PM

Great mascara. Bad marketing.

It really should've been called something like "lengthening, lightweight waterproof mascara" as I feel it lengthens more than it volumizes.

NEVERTHELESS, this mascara went on smooth, I could keep layering without clumps, hasn't flaked on me so far (after a few hours of wear), and survived my tears. It does help my normally straight lashes hold a curl and doesn't weigh them down like Diorshow or Lash Injection did.

on 9/23/2008 12:03:00 PM

I bought this mascara at Target, it was clearance, it only cost me $1. It supposed to give Maximum volume, it doesn't give me any volume. If you are looking for "REALLY" natural look, you may like it.

And this mascara is very dry, when u apply on your lashes, it doesn't go smooth. Kind of strange.

Will I buy it again?? NO!!!

I bought this on a whim @ the drugstore, so this review is for the non-waterproof version in Black. After a few applications, I honestly thought it wasn't doing anything for my lashes. But after regular use - maybe I just needed to get the hang of applying it properly - the mascara actually was doing its job. It does makes my lashes fuller and longer. Downside was that at the beginning it didn't smudge on me, but after I've used it for awhile I get some slight smudging on my lower lashline. It flakes a little, too. The packaging could use some help; the plastic cover over the wand actually cracked and split! Mind you I do not carry this mascara in my purse or anything, just in my traincase - so it's not like I've put it through any "abuse" (lol) whatsoever. I've never had mascara packaging break on me ever, so another thumbs down on that.

Bummer - I was SOO hopeful that Boots No. 7 max volume waterproof mascara would work for me. On the plus side, it does add definition, length and volume for me. Also, feels kind of cool/wet going on - an unfamiliar, but kind of pleasant sensation. However, the lasting/staying power on my lashes is only a few hours which is totally unacceptable for me, especially in a waterproof mascara! I don't have an overly oily eye area and I am using the same cleanser and makeup remover, (both of which don't seem to affect the staying power of what have now become my HG waterproof mascaras, Maybelline Define A Lash in waterproof and L'Oreal Voluminous in waterproof - see my reviews) so it HAS to be this mascara. O well - guess I should be happy I have 2 other very good options w/ the Maybelline and the L'Oreal. I only deducted 2 lippies because it may have better staying power on other people and I do like the length, volume and definition it give me...

on 5/24/2008 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am reviewing the regular Maximum Volume mascara, in Navy and it isnot the waterproof version.
I do not like the color, as it is not a rich Navy, kind of dull color with no shine; it adds very little volume.
The only thing seems OK about this Mascara is it's smudge resistant.
I think to get the desired result, you may have to combine this mascara with another lengthening one as suggested by one reviewer.

on 6/1/2007 9:24:00 PM

My lashes - Stick straight, so I always use a lash curler. My eyes water and my lids get oily by the end of the day. My lashes are black, so as long as the mascara comes in black, I'm satisfied.

Waterproof/Oilproof? - Not really. Raccoon eyes caused by the slightest eye moisture. Didn't last long enough to tell if the oils on my face eat it too.

Adds volume? - Some. Advertised as 4X. My trusty Maybelline Volum Express WP says it's 3X. These two seem to add the same amount of volume. If you let this mascara dry between coats you can achieve a more dramatic look.

Adds length? - Yes, moderate.

Adds definition? - No. This mascara makes my lashes look like they want to clump together even though they are not.

Holds curl? - Yes.

Removal? - With enough water you can rub this off, with maybe a touch of soap to get the last traces off if needed.

Other comments - I got this in Black. It's, well, black. Smooth formula. Lashes still feel soft when dry. Seems to give a slightly glossier finish than my trusty Maybelline Volum Express WP. Doesn't dry as quickly as I would like.

Overall - Doesn't deliver "maximum" volume, and isn't truly "waterproof." If your skin has the slightest bit of oiliness, avoid this one.
continued >>