4.3

price range

Reviews

2.0

2 years ago

I do not have sensitive skin i never had bad reactions to any products but this moisturizer destroyed my face i thought mayb it was my new foundation but then i went back to my old foundation but my skin was still breaking out starting to look burnt and a bunch of tiny bumps forming on my skin my makeup wont blend flawless anymore just a disaster im hoping my skin will go back to normal now that i stopped using this..on a positive note texture is great i love the way it feels going on the skin unfortunately it did not work for my skin i have combination skin maybe thats why it didn't work

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBrown

1.0

2 years ago

With 504 reviews and an 82% repurchase rate, my following review is going against the grain, you've been warned... I had high hopes for this moisturizer after reading the reviews. But the evidence is clear on my face: my face does not like it. It burns when I put it on. And I have red splotches on both my cheeks, which I am currently trying to hide with powder. The first few days, I felt slightly itchy all day wearing this. It's been about a week now, and it's not working for me. It seems OK for my legs, but I was looking for a face moisturizer. It was $24 CAD and I'm going to return it. I look worse for the wear. Continuing the hunt for a good moisturizer...

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

I don't use this all the time because it is pretty heavy and I already use the moisturizer in step 7, but if I'm feeling particularly dry that day, I will go in with this moisturizer all over my face, neck, ears, everything to really really feel nice and hydrated. I wouldn't recommend this product if you're at all oily because it does feel a little greasy and heavy, but if you're dry to normal, this is an absolute lifesaver for dry days when you need an extra dose of moisture in your routine.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

So far so good. Seems to be a very good moisturizer for the money. Since the skin on my face is no different than the skin on my body I don'y see any reason to not use it on my face. I tested it with my favorite foundation- L'oreal true match-and it plays well, but have not tested it with sunscreen or tretinoin so I will need to report back. I can't imagine it will not play well with either of those, but you never know. Takes a few minutes to fully sink in. Skin feels nice and smooth. Definitely need to get the pump.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Packaging could be improved for hygiene purposes. In a tube is more hygenic. Less exposure to air from constantly opening and fingers being dipped in. My go to face cream! I layer it on before my face sunscreen everyday and also use it as a night cream. Worth the price. Great product. Also fragrance free.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Medium

HairBlack

1.0

2 years ago

I am completely taken aback that an adored product with such a high number of excellent reviews was so incredibly awful. I did extensive research looking for a good unscented moisturiser for my sensitive, dry, dehydrated skin. I was also interested in trying something affordable with ceramides to assist in repairing the moisture barrier. This product has positive reviews here, beautypedia, reddit etc, and sure, in the past I've tried some popular things that have been perhaps a bit 'meh', but not this truly bad. This stuff for me was an actual skin destroyer. Firstly, it burned when I applied it, but I persisted because I thought that it may be performing healing magic on my skin barrier (it's said that bland moisturisers can feel burny if your skin is dehydrated and your barrier is compromised). Secondly, it genuinely didn't moisturise well at all - in the mornings my skin looked 5 years older, incredibly crepey and dry. Thirdly, if the first two weren't bad enough, it broke me out horrendously. No product has ever broken me out so badly. I do get hormonal breakouts occasionally, but have never experienced anything like this, ever. Because I was so shocked, I have since looked into this further and if you do a quick google search on cerave + breakouts (or similar) you will encounter a litany of tales of people with similar situations to mine. I think it's really important to make it more widely known that this popular product has unfortunately had a negative effect on many people's skin. Consider this my dismayed public service announcement. I hope it works for you, it obviously does for many, but if you're one of the unlucky ones, you're not alone. Obviously would never repurchase. I'm even reluctant to use it up on my legs. I give it a point for having a pump!

About reviewer (165 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I am eczema prone, especially on my face. Last year, my eczema flared up badly on my hairline, my skin was flaking and I got discoloration. It was really ugly and it impacted my self esteem and confidence negatively whenever I went out of the house. The area became whiter than the rest of my face. I tried everything, Aveeno, chinese creams, doctor's prescription ketoconazole, ketoconazole shampoo, etc but they only calmed down my eczema for a few days. I finally gave this a try since this one is also eczema certified, and it was like magic. Within a few uses (2 - 3 times a day), the itch went away and the flare up calmed down permanently. I was able to bring it back to it's normal color. This was my savior. The price is very affordable for this big tube, and I share it with my family for facial moisturizer as well. It works great. If you have eczema and nothing works, try this one maybe this could help like in my case.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinDry, Tan

HairBlack

EyesOther

2.0

2 years ago

Ugh, this cream burned/stung my skin. Had to wash it off within 30 seconds. Returned it to Walmart and the lady at the counter said it did the same to her sensitive skin. Had much better luck with Curel Fragrance-Free for a ceramide cream/lotion and it's much less expensive. I also use Vanicream products with no problem. FYI, Cerave is now owned by Loreal.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairSilver, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

One of the creams recommended by my Dermatologist.. I buy this in the 16 oz. jar with the pump for around 12.00. I've never used this on my face. If I use Cerave on my face I use the facial lotion PM but my husband uses it on his face and never has a problem with it irritating his skin. This is a very good body moisturizer but it takes a while to show the effects if you have very dry skin. Give it a chance to work. My legs tend to be so dry and this keeps them smooth and silky. It's best to use it right after your bath or shower while your skin is still barely damp. It is good enough on it's own, but I began to add a few drops of NOW Sweet Almond Oil and mix it in my hand then apply and it works MUCH better for me that way. No greasy feeling either. The oil seems to make the Cerave absorb into the skin better. I have no clue why, but t does. About the product: Provides 24-hour hydration and helps restore the protective skin barrier with three essential ceramides (1,3,6-II). Formulated with hyaluronic acid to help retain skin’s natural moisture. Utilizes patented MVE® controlled-release technology to help replenish ceramides and deliver long lasting moisturization. Free of fragrance and oil, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and non-irritating Ideal for normal to dry skin

About reviewer (781 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

3.0

2 years ago

I was looking for something more moisturising than Sebamed Clear Face gel which does not clog my pores or irritate my senstive acne prone skin which is oily with dry patches. I read so many good reviews and wanted so much to like this. This Cerave cream not only clogged my pores but also gave me 2 big pimples on my nose. So disappointed. I quickly switched back to Sebamed which calmed my skin down. Now Im back to looking for a better moisturiser. Thank goodness for my Sebamed gel though.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral