4.3

Reviews

3.0
from

a year ago

This is a good moisturiser at an affordable price. BUT it contains palm oil so will not be buying it again. No moisturiser, cosmetics or hair care product is worth deforestation of Orangutans’ habitat!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesOther

a year ago

Love how this feels on my face and it's helped even out dry patches I didn't know were there.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

a year ago

I knew of this product, but didn't try it until I saw Dr. Drey on youtube talk about it. I did as she suggested. I applied to totally wet skin after getting out of the shower. I don't enjoy this, as I have to air dry and when I'm not alone or it's cold, and that's not convenient. However, nothing has kept my skin moisturized as well, even for days at at time. It works well for my face too, but I don't use it on my face regularly.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

1.0

a year ago

This is an unusual moisturizer. It feels wonderfully thick and rich when you first apply it to your skin, but it dries down uncomfortably matte and tight. Honestly, it felt like I didn’t apply any moisturizer to my face at all. I ended up delegating it to my body, but it didn’t moisturize well enough there either.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

a year ago

Although far too heavy for my face (I tried once out of curiousity and lived to regret haha!) this is perfect for my problem area - my lower legs. It's like all the sweat glands in my body were transferred to my face once I hit puberty leaving behind dried out skin on my body, whilst my face was a constant oil slick. Skin so parched and dry requires a good moisturizer, cue CeraVe... Two major good points about the Moisturizing Cream - it's inexpensive and you don't need to use much. Just a dab works brilliantly on my legs. At times, in colder weather I feel as though I could use something a bit more emollient and turn to Aveeno, but for the most part this does the job, legs are hydrated and the effect lasts for days without the need to re-apply, unless I've taken a shower. No dryness and no itching either, my legs are thankful! Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)  1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

a year ago

This has been a skin-saver for me. I first purchased it last autumn, or maybe early winter, because my skin always gets dry that time of year, but last year was so much worse because my skin was in the process of changing from combo/oily to normal/dry. I was miserable and desperate because my face had gotten so dry everything hurt and nothing was working, and I had other areas on my body that were like that. Enter this product. I ended up using this on my face for about a week, which did cause a minor breakout, but was so worth it. The first time I used it, it burned soooo bad because my skin was so dry, but I woke up the next day with softer and less painfully dry skin. I continued to use it until my skin was able to handle my normal moisturizer for normal/dry skin again. After that, I just spot applied it to any areas that were getting bad (like my cheeks and nose, which are usually the driest parts of my face during the winter). I love this stuff for my hands and body, too. My skin ranges from slightly-itchy dry to being so dry it hurts and cracks, and this stuff works miracles for that. Every time I use it, I can feel an immediate difference, like it's actually helping my skin and not just masking the problem temporarily like a lot of lotions/creams/body butters I've used tend to do. I remember using some kind of ointment-like product (Aquaphor, maybe?) years ago because people swore by it, but this stuff is way better in my opinion. Whatever that other stuff was would help in the moment, but didn't make a lasting difference for my skin. I just had to keep using it several times a day. I have no idea what's so special about this CeraVe cream, but one application does more for me than several applications of any other product I've tried. Unlike a lot of other things I've used, this also doesn't leave my skin feeling gross, like it's sticky or greasy. It does take a few minutes to soak in fully, but it's not too bad. I like that it's a thick product, but after rubbing it in, it feels pretty lightweight. My only complaint about it is the jar. Even the price isn't too bad because this is a pretty big jar (16oz) and I can find it between $10-15 usually. But I really don't like jar products in general. I'm just using it on my body now, though, and I always wash my hands really well before using, so I'm not too worried about the ick factor. I'd just prefer something in a squeeze tube, or with a pump.

About reviewer (107 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

This product is a moisture-locking champion. I put a thin layer of this product on and unless I make sure I'm in a cool place, my skin starts sweating until it is absorbed/dry. Reading that sentence may make my you acne-prone girls quiver in fear, but somehow this cream is not so suffocating that my acne has gotten anything but better since using it. It is a thick cream with a not strong, but neither a pleasant odour. However, it truly is a miracle cream and is very cheap for how good it is!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Good for body. Prevents itch and acne. It’s nice to use after a cool shower. I haven’t tried on my face, I will update If I do. Update: I tried on my face, it’s great to prevent itchy skin, and keeps psoriasis away for good. You can also get a cheaper product called aveeno baby lotion with colloidal flour. It does the same exact thing, for less money and better packaging (comes in a tube). You see both of these products are matte and absorb excess oils, you would think a cream is oily?? Not this one. Nor is aveeno oily. Both contain absorbent Ingredients. Same stuff. Tried both for a long time and same moisture level. Both are matte and good for itchy skins. As for the Moisturizing effects, not that Moisturizing. If you have dry skin, this won’t last. But for the body, this is HG. I do not suffer psoriasis anymore due to this and aveeno. My skin is clear! Love it!

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2 years ago

i love how big the tub of cream is. i used it during the winter time and was really moistuizing, but it was cold against the skin so i put it away. fast forward to summer time, i go swimming and this helps keep my skin hydrated. it is a thick cream so i add a bit of argan oil into it to help with the spreadability, and it works so well. i deal with a bit of dermatitis on my stomach that flares sometimes and when weather isnt too stable/is too dry ( no humidity in la) + ac is always on. and this plus a bit of otc hydrocortisone cream helps keep it under control.

About reviewer (137 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

1.0

2 years ago

Yes I know this gets absolute raves all over the place, but for me, this cream was not hydrating enough, even with skin that isn’t super-super dry. I had bought a travel-size tube for my husband to try - he ALMOST likes it for his feet but that’s about it. Another thing I really didn’t like about it was the fact that while it does feel rich going on, after a few minutes everything feels tight and matte.:( At my age, I don’t need mattifying anything. Good thing I only bought that travel-size tube, instead of a whole big jar that we would have been stuck with. For a basic no-frills rich cream, I prefer Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream, which I’ve been using for almost 20 years now. Don’t get me wrong - CeraVe makes some great products, 4 of which I use regularly. The moisturizing cream just isn’t one of them.:(

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age56 & Over