4.3

price range

Reviews

2.0

a year ago

I think that for the right skintype, this could be the perfect bland moisturizer to pair actives with. The ingredient list is great for the price, a tub will last you forever. For that reason alone it gets 2 lippies instead of 1. For my skintype (acne/rosacea prone, oily, sensitive), this was a miss. I really don't understand how ANY of you are wearing this under foundation. I tried several different formulas over it. All of them balled up and became streaky, then would never fully dry down. So the obvious solution was apply it at night. That also was a fail. I started noticing little tiny pimples and my skin became dehydrated. The jury's still out on if this is what upset my eyes recently. I suspect so. I still think it's worth a try in case it works for any of you. But opt for the smallest size (got mine on Amazon for $4) first. I guess I'll use the rest of it as handcream. I won't repurchase.

About reviewer (515 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

from

a year ago

I am in my 40s with dry skin. During the winters, I also struggle with flaky, dry facial skin. I've tried quite a few facial moisturizers all over the price spectrum - from Aldi's Lacura brand, Clinique, La Mer, Nivea, L'Oreal, Olay - and CeraVe moisturizing cream is my holy grail. It's dirt cheap (around $15 for a massive 16-19 oz. tub with a pump - the same size container of La Mer is well over $2100), good ingredients (glycerin, triglycerides, ceramides, hyaluronic acid), very moisturizing, unscented, absorbs quickly & dries down matte. This claims to be safe for sensitive skin and it is non-comedogenic. I personally have not had any problems or breakouts, but some people may have issues with the fatty alcohols so just something to be aware of. This isn't a fancy cream, the packaging is super basic & not at all exciting or luxurious. I rely on my other skincare serums & treatments for anti-aging & actives, and use another product for SPF, but for moisture - especially if your skin is dry or damaged - this is where it's at. It's a rich, thick cream, but not at all greasy, and oddly enough, dries down fast & completely matte. My skin drinks this up. I use about half a pump for my entire face & neck. I always let my moisturizer sit for 15-20 minutes before makeup, and this works very well under makeup & doesn't ball up or flake. I have found that if I apply makeup too quickly after this - maybe within a 5 minute window - it can make it a little streaky, so for those having issues with it under makeup, try letting the moisturizer soak in for 15 minutes or so first. You can find a 2 oz. (approximately) tube for under $5 at most drugstore or travel-size toiletry areas, which is a great way to try the product or for travel. This is my holy grail facial moisturizer and I will continue to purchase it.

About reviewer (512 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

a year ago

Holy grail - for pretty much everything. It’s great for my fiancé’s eczema and extremely dry skin. It works well on my acne-prone, dehydrated face. It’s an all-in-one that I can slather wherever and know it’s going to do what it’s supposed to. Not greasy, sinks in fast, wears well under makeup. This one’s a winner.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

2.0

a year ago

With its price, I can’t complain at all for what this cream can do. Great texture, easy to apply, and it does a decent job as a body cream but still, for my crazily dry plus eczema, I still feel it’s not enough. And I don’t use it on my face at all.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

a year ago

Double-edged sword. For what it's marketed as- a body moisturizer- it's great. It healed up my winter skin when none other could. I even had severely dry skin on my face, so I applied it there and within a week it was normalized. BUT when I continue applying it to my face, I seem to get some breakouts. Hmm....going to be searching elsewhere for a proper facial moisturizer at night.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

a year ago

Look, if I were a makeup artist prepping a client's skin or an aesthetician looking for a one size fits all type of product for people with dry skins but not prone to acneor blackheads, this would be my magical balm. It really does the job and does it well, but only if you have dry, maybe sensitive skin that's not prone to acne or clogged pores. I tried it and while it hydrates beautifully, I am unfortunately prone to clogged pores. My skin type is midly sensitive and reactive to heavy oils, lanolin and fatty alcohols. Basically anything historically acnegenic. It is clear for 25 days out of the month until I get my periods/courses. It hydrated my skin well but left me with a very clogged nose. I love this on my mom's skin since her skin is sensitive and dry. It plumps it up most beautifully and leaves her with a soft, gently dewy look. A great base for her sunscreen and makeup. Mixes great with foundation for a sheer, happy skin look. My rating reflects it's cost (at $15 for huge tub it's a steal. It has the cachet of French pharmacy products), resourcefulness (you could find this anywhere) and flexibility. It is a cosmetically elegant, safe, gentle and beautiful product all around. I refuse to bash a great product because it doesn't work for me. A big tip that bears repeating...please read labels people! If it has one or more acnegenic ingredients, particularly at the top, and you are prone to clogged pores and acne, just walk away! There's so many lists stating such ingredients online, just look! Wish you all a beautiful life.

About reviewer (198 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Neutral

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

a year ago

I have normal to dry skin most of the time but it leans towards extra dry in cold weather or dry air. This stuff is great for all over my body including my dry face. I use this right out of the shower while my skin is still wet/damp and massage it in. This way it dosnt leave that "waxy" feeling some understandably complain of. It will dry matte so no worries over greasy skin especially when done overnight. Thats how I use it because it can be quite heavy for regular daytime use. This is a body cream you want to allow to sink into your skin overnight in regular weather. In super cold/dry weathet however I'll use it to my discretion. Its fragrance free so it can be topped with a scented loation for daytime use (like me). I have also used it as a nighttime face cream after cleansing (with face still wet/damp) and it works wonders for me. A little pricier than the average lotion on the supermarket ir drugstore isle but you get a lot and since you dont need near as much as a regular lotion it lasts for a while. Very creamy texture and a lot thicker than the moisturizing lotion of the same line. If you have oily skin however this may not be for you since it is pretty heavy. The moisturizing lotion might be more your speed. Comes in a regular tub with a lid and another jar of the same size (i belive) with a pump if you're worried about sanitation. This a absolute hg and a great all around mousturizer.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

a year ago

I cannot believe I hesitated trying this product until now. Some preliminary things about my use of this cream and my skin type: I have been using this cream nightly for two months now. My skin type is dry, rosacea, ultra sensitive, and acne-prone. I was very scared to try this moisturizer due to the mixed reviews about breaking out. Some people experienced no breakouts whatsoever, while others have bad reactions to this moisturizer. Because I have such sensitive and breakout-prone skin, I was very hesitant to try this. However I was getting desperate- until this cream, I have not been able to find a moisturizer that moisturizes my dry skin sufficiently without breaking it out. Creams that were moisturizing enough broke me out. Creams that were not moisturizing enough didn't break me out. I believe this is a cream meant for dry to very dry skin, although I do believe that even combination skin could benefit from this during colder months. People who have normal or oily skin may find this a little too heavy for them. RESULTS- This cream does NOT break me out, yet it is definitely moisturizing enough. For my skin, it does not feel heavy or greasy or at all- but I can see it being that way if too much is used. After using this cream, I wake up with baby-soft skin. This has also been the longest amount of time I have experienced with almost no breakouts. I cannot speak to how it plays underneath makeup, as I have never used it with makeup before. However, I suspect it would work very well underneath makeup. HOW I USE IT- I use this as a night cream every single night. When I am not going outside and therefore do not need sunscreen, I use this during the day as a daytime moisturizer instead of my moisturizer that contains sunscreen. During late fall and winter, I will most likely use this every day as well underneath my sunscreen. However, during the day I advise using a bit less than you would use at night. The cream definitely feels thick, but not so thick that it's difficult to spread, etc. at all. In terms of how much you need, I'd say just a normal amount- I typically stick my index finger in the tub to get a decent-sized globule (that's totally a formal measurement), then add more if I feel I need it. PACKAGING- unlike a lot of people, I honestly don't care too much if something is in a tub compared to a tube. I always wash my hands before applying things to my face, so it's still hygienic for me. However, it's HUGE. Now this is a good thing and a bad thing of course. I can't image running out of this before multiple years go by. However, it takes up so much room on my bathroom counter- and, what if it expires or something before I can use it all? Nonetheless, I'm going to sum up the huge tub to be primarily a benefit, as it will last forever and I can always use it as a body or hand cream during winter. I am so relieved to have finally found this. I was about to give up and just suffer with constant dry skin, as I couldn't find a moisturizer that was enough for my dry skin that didn't also cause acne. If I could summarize my review, it would be a highly moisturizing, non-greasy cream for dry and sensitive skin that does not cause breakouts but does make my skin feel very smooth and soft!

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

1.0

a year ago

I really am mystified by all the rave reviews of this product. I put it on my face and it was all waxy and white. So then I thought, ok this will be YET ANOTHER product that will be relegated to my body.. NOPE, not even that.. wax city. I put it on my arms and as I was massaging it in, it pilled up and looked like I was peeling. Gross. And the nerve of how much they charge for this junk.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

from

a year ago

Love this all over cream! Its simple, fuss-free ingredients are amazing for my acne prone skin(face) as well! It miraculously , slowly got rid of the occasional pimple on my face & my skin looks very smooth & hydrated in the morning! MAGICAL! The 19 ounce tub is gigantic, cheap (SGD20.72 on Amazon Prime) & lasts me a lifetime! I live in Singapore & was only able to get Cerave products online(iHerb & Amazon Prime) Would CERTAINLY repurchase!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age44-55