Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

Aphogee  Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)
The before(L)/after (R) of hair after AphogheeTwo-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

4.5

Hydrolyzed Collagen, Water (Aqua), Citric Acid, Dimethylol Urea, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylene Urea, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Phytantriol, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Magnesium Carbonate, Diethylene Glycol, Trideceth-12, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, DMDM Hydantoin, Linalool.

on 12/12/2018 1:54:00 AM

HOW?! HOW in 29 years did I not know that hair needs protein?!? Like, I’m serious, I didn’t even know this was a thing until I started reading the amazing reviews on this product. I had been wondering why my hair was just so CRAPPY the past year or so; yes I’m a blonde so I’ve bleached and toned and fried my hair for years. But I thought it needed moisture. So I bought a moisture shampoo (Nexxus) and while it helped at first, the more I used it, the more horrible my hair became! Sticky, gummy, straw like and frizzy. After reading up on the protein/moisture balance, I immediately ordered this from Amazon and BAM two days later it’s here (thanks Prime) and I used it immediately! HOLY CRAP guys, this is a game changer. My hair feels like silk and I can’t stop touching it. Yes, you can still tell it is damaged, but it’s much stronger and softer, and I’m hoping after multiple treatments, the damage will dissipate. I used it exactly as described on the bottle, and yes the drying process is a pain in the a$$. Mine just got stiff, not rock hard like some reviews say. I also used Its a 10 hair mask after the conditioning treatment it comes with. Per.fec.tion. The smell doesn’t bother me either, just smells like hairspray! BUY THIS NOW

on 11/5/2018 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

The only product that works!
I have very damaged hair so much so that it's mushy when wet and extremely knotty, dry and unmanageable.

I have tried several protein different treatments they work until i wash my hair then its back to square one and moisturising damage treatments don't even touch on the problem.

I bought aphogee two step treatment and balancing moisturiser as its suppose to be strong stuff for seriously damaged hair, I followed instructions to the letter but used it in a spray bottle and left the balancing moisturiser in for 5 hours under plastic cap and towel to keep it warm, my results were amazing and after 2 washes its just as smooth and soft will defo buy again the only down side is you have to dry the crap out of your hair with a hairdryer for about an hour if you have very long hair but other than that this product is holy grail bought it off eBay in uk for about £10

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This actually works! And best of all it cost me next to nothing! I used this earlier this year after leaving bleach on for too long and my hair turned into a horrid straw-like texture and began snapping constantly, causing me to panic. Looked online and read rave reviews for this so decided to purchase some. Collagen is its first ingredient, this is not one of those silicone heavy treatments that just (temporarily) makes your hair feel good, this actually does something. Within days my hair condition was restored. Life saver!

Note though, this isn't for hair that's simply lacking in moisture, best to use a hair masque for that. This is for those who are lacking protein (suggest to look this up first to determine which camp your hair belongs to) and need to actually strengthen their hair by infusing it with protein. Also I found much better results when used with a hood dryer, the type you see in hair salons. This delivers the heat evenly, without disturbing the hair which is important in getting even results. If not a hair dryer works almost as well imo.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 9/20/2018 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My hair is not severely damaged, but it has been regularly highlighted for 6 years now. It gets crunchy and i have some breakage. I really started noticing it a few weeks ago...little tiny broken pieces of hair every time i brushed, even though I was using a soft bristle brush. I used this treatment this morning. I applied the protein after putting it into a small spray bottle because I was afraid it would not distribute evenly if i just dumped it on. It's a very thin consistency that quickly gets stick as it begins to dry. As you dry it with a hair dryer, it becomes very stiff. That is normal.
After rinsing the protein and applying the conditioner and then rinsing that out, i allowed my hair to air dry. It was much less frizzy and much smoother and fuller. It is like the protein really "filled in" the damaged spots in my hair shafts. It's not dramatic, but it is noticeable and a co-worker even asked me if I did something to my hair bc it looks good.
I am trying to grow my hair out. It has not been able to grow much past my shoulders. I am severely limiting heat styling and drying and planning to use this treatment every 6 weeks to maintain strength to avoid breakage.

on 9/17/2018 10:48:00 AM

This shit is 🍌 banana’s. My hair was breaking off at the ear range and could not brush thru it. This product was easy to use if you have common sense and it is a miracle worker. After the treatment my hair was manageable and looked better than before I bleached it 50 times in a year. You won’t regret spending the 5$ I intend to buy this stuff for life now. Currently growing natural healthy hair out and keeping it strong with this. Go out and buy it now. After use a good moisture mask and call it a day.

5 stars ⭐️

on 8/20/2018 6:22:00 PM

Please use this BEFORE deciding to cut your damaged hair. It's a life saver after overbleaching! I went from level 4 to level 10 without any bonders and i thought that the damage was beyond repair. Well I was wrong. After 1 application of aphogee 2 step my friziness is by 70% gone, my hair FEELS soft just like before bleaching and strangely, it gets even better with every wash!!! I got away with a slight trim when I thought I would have to do a pixie cut. I'm speechless.
I would suggest that you get someone to help you with application if your hair is below shoulder length and wait 2 to 3 washes to see the full effect and get rid of the smell.

on 6/4/2018 12:35:00 AM

I have bleach blonde hair that is extremely damaged, but getting better with a new stylist:) Anyhow, this treatment is really a pain in the butt to use and I’m not sure the short term results are worth the work. I should mention I used both exactly as directed. First, it stinks. Normally I really don’t care all that much about a products scent so long as it works, but this really stinks. And you have to leave it in, so it’s not something you have to smell only for a few minutes.. Second, I don’t like the idea of my fried bleach blonde hair hardening up like a wicker basket. Seriously, my hair has been through enough. Hardening it up like a wicker basket personally scares me. I swear I lost some strands when I rinsed. Third, the results are short term. Yes, my hair looked better after I used this, but it’s only lasted like 2 washes. Perhaps if I did it weekly, it would build up. Like I said, I don’t know if it’s worth all the time to use this weekly. Also, I have breakage on my hair line and this treatment totally make the damaged hair stick straight up and it was a pain to get the little hairs to stay down even with product. Did I mention this is a time consuming treatment? Like I have to get in the shower, out of the shower, and in again to wash it out, shampoo, condition..

My fiancée looked at me like I was nuts when he caught me blow drying this stuff into my head and I think he smelled it coming out of the bathroom.. Anyhow, I can see how this could work for some people, but my results and the time I put in just don’t equal out for me.
Oh, and you definitely need a spray bottle or something to apply this. It is very awkward to pour this over your head. It gets everywhere and tons of product is wasted.

on 4/1/2018 7:32:00 PM

Aphogee recommends transferring this product to an applicator bottle with a small nozzle (not a spray bottle) since the consistency is thin - I definitely agree. I did not use an applicator bottle and instead just poured this in my hands and it wasted a lot of product. This is also sticky if it gets on your skin.

I bleach and tone my hair and it's porous. I'm always looking for ways to restore my hair's health. I applied this, let it sit for about 20 minutes, and then blow dried it til it hardened at the top and was 90% dry/hard at the tips. I rinsed in the shower and applied the second step. My hair felt so silky. The downside is that I think this altered the color of my toned hair. It's hard to tell because the lighting is poor this time of day, but my hair looks more strawberry blonde than ash blonde now. I'll have to see tomorrow in the sun what it truly looks like. I think when I do this again in 6 weeks, I'll do the protein treatment before toning.

Update: Yep, this made my hair brassy (I toned my hair a few days before using this). Definitely do this before coloring/toning. My hair is soooo soft now though. I’m so glad I purchased this.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

OMG this absolutely ruined my hair. I mean destroyed it. I’m not blaming the product but my own stupidity for using it because I know that as a rule my hair hates protein. Anyway I had bleached my hair a bit lighter a few weeks earlier and it felt slightly out of condition as it usually does after bleaching so I thought I’d use the Aphogee to sort it out. As soon as I started drying my hair after the 2 step treatment it was just snapping off in my hands. I am now left with tufts at the top of my head around my crown that look ridiculous and when its windy they stand up on end, its almost like a really short layer has been put in accros the top of my hair and each piece is about 2 inches long and the rest of my hair is quite long. It continued to snap and feel unbelieveably crunchy. I had to steam it and add salt to my conditioner to rid as much protein as I could, then used Matrix hydrasource deep conditioning mask as often as possible and its only just starting to almost resemble hair again (apart from the tufts making me look like a troll of course) I know this Aphogee works wonders for some people so the only advice I can give is if your hair doesnt like proteins, dont use this.

on 2/9/2018 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Aphogee is MAGIC. I was so so so so sad because I ruined my hair and curls with Loreal High Color Highlights.... but now I'm glad I did because I discovered APHOGEE. I did not know a product could work this well... I tried it after searching YouTube for hair repair. I picked it up at Sally's for a good price and my hair looks AMAZING, better than it did even before I ever died it!! Would recommend it to anyone, even if your hair is only a little dammaged. Also follow the instructions carefully.