Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Aphogee  Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)
The before(L)/after (R) of hair after AphogheeTwo-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

4.4

Hydrolyzed Collagen, Water (Aqua), Citric Acid, Dimethylol Urea, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylene Urea, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Phytantriol, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Magnesium Carbonate, Diethylene Glycol, Trideceth-12, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, DMDM Hydantoin, Linalool.

on 9/21/2017 6:45:00 PM

I purchased this product from the reviews on this board...boy am I glad I did! My hair is over processed blonde, and I do still heat style. It was just dry and fuzzy and awful.

I needed to refresh my color so got this product, did as directed and the following day did my color. My hair has totally changed! It is soft, shiny, healthy bouncy perfect.

Doubt I'll ever use anything else going forward to keep my hair in top shape

on 12/11/2016 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

A mess to use but extremely effective. I really like this product and the Aphogee brand in general. Their line is no-frills, inexpensive, and very effective.

My hair: unprocessed, fine, thick, and prone to splits.

I wasn't that impressed the first time I used it but I think I didn't dry my hair thoroughly enough with it applied. The second time I used the dryer longer and the layers of protein seem to have accumulated from the previous use. My hair is subtly shinier and smoother and the waves are more defined. My hair feels weird for a few days but it less split prone. I feel like I can go longer between haircuts before my ends get ratty.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Why did I not start using this product sooner in my life? I can only imagine how many problems it would have solved!

I have biracial, thick, curly, 3c - 4a, natural hair. I don't do any heat styling, but my hair suffers damage from manipulation (detangling mostly). For years, I just assumed there was nothing I could do about that type of damage because of the texture of my hair. I was wrong.

This product is a game changer.

Do not be afraid to use it. It is extremely easy! Just follow the instructions, and you'll be fine. I don't have a hooded dryer, so I used a blow dryer. I have only used it once, and the difference in my hair's health is mind-blowing. Obviously, the hair is not completely repaired, but it is stronger and silkier. My damaged curls are revived. I cannot believe that there is a little miracle bottle that produces results like this. Next time I use it, I may leave it on for longer for a stronger effect.

I realize that I'm just adding to the already stellar reviews of this product. But it really does work!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

It as pretty good, but not life changing.
Make sure you wear a shitty shirt so you can just cut it off, lol. Pretty araight forward, east to use. I liked it. Don't be scared of it! :)

on 2/20/2016 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Holy Mother of God, this product is a life saver. When you are having breakage issues, this is the product you want to use and nip it right in the bud. I know why I never used this product before, I was scared of losing all my hair?? I had major breakage issues, after trying millions of oils, masks, conditioners, shampoos, gave in and finally gave this product a try and I have to say it is helping with the breakage. Wish I had tried this earlier and not lost the thickness. I blow dry twice a week, use henna once every 6 months and this product is a must for me. I follow up with Macadamia Professionals Nourishing Moisture Mask and love the results. The smell is not that bad and compared to Apple cider vinegar this smells wonderful :P Do give it a try if your hair needs a boost. I am writing this review after finishing up the small bottle. Planning to purchase the bigger size now.

Ohhhh myyyy good this stuff is bloody incredible! !! If ur hair is like chewing gum or breaking ur ready to chop it all off and start again stop what ur doin! ! Use this my hair was like mush after bleaching the crap out of it seriously so happy my hair feels lush after the first application so cheap and I spent so much money on conditioning treatments this stuff is legendary!!!! Used on Caucasian hair followed instructions didnt need the conditioner either just used standard conditoner with it cant say thank u enough to the ppl who invented this wonder potion!!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

THIS PRODUCT: claims to repair hair by replenishing lost protein due to chemical processes. If you have longer/thicker hair [for reference, my hair is shoulder length, layered so it's not so thick] then you should buy the bottle sizes. I say that plural because you need the Balancing Moisturizer [step 2, if you will]. I opted for the 3.49 packet, perforated in the center, dividing the protein from the moisturizer (heed caution when tearing one from the other). I almost did not have enough for my hair.
OH, and the smell. I mean, people, come on. To me, it smells like syrup mixed with apple cider vinegar. I could honestly give a shit less about stench so long as my hair benefits.

MY HAIR: bleached bathed, bleached, toned, toned, colored at least 4 times AT LEAST in a two week period of time and finally, today, color stripped. i.e. DISGUSTING. you may be wondering why I am typing this review and not locked up in a mental institution :D

THE PROCESS: Right after I did Color Oops (freshly shampooed hair), I towel blotted my hair, cut open the protein and dribble drabbed it across my whole head and lengths, carefully combing through with a wide tooth comb QUICKLY. Then I started to blowdry, careful not to move my head/hair around too much. 30 min later my hair was nice and hard.
Rinsed with warm/hot water and followed up with the moisturizer [left in for 2 min and rinsed with cold water]

MY RESULTS: I would say the breakage is greatly reduced. my hair feels more like hair.but i will also say it's a very involved process and for the amount of effort, of course I wish my hair was like restored completely. Obviously thats not the case. I am happy enough just giving my hair some protein and doing something to help it rather than destroy it.
You can probably find something better/equally good less hassle. But for most this worked extremely well so maybe you'll be among the super lucky!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product genuinely saved my hair. In the past 5 years, my hair has gone from black to blonde to brown and now I'm going back to blonde. My hair is chemically damaged from all of the processing so I went to get a hair cut and had this product recommended to me. I tried it today and I immediately noticed a huge difference. My hair is no longer stretchy, mushy, and it doesn't break when I comb it anymore. If you have CHEMICALLY damaged hair, please use this product. If you have HEAT damage, use a strong moisturizing conditioner. They are two different kinds of damage and if you use this product when you don't need it, it could damage your hair more. Love this stuff!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I used this process almost 15years ago and forgot about it until it was mentioned on the HB.
I ran to, Sally's , ran home, wet my already clean hair and applied the 1st step the protein. OMG it hit me again the smell is like, liquid cadavor. I run a large toothed comb through and use my hand held hair dryer to heat the treatment. I have shortish hair so it didn't take the full 30 mi.
After my hair was hard as a helmet I jumped into the shower and applied step 2, the moisture. Left that on for about 5 min. Rinsed it out, ran a rake comb through incredibly soft hair and let air dry.
This product is amazing. If you have damaged hair try this before something more drastic. Less than $4 and 30 minutes in your own home is hard to beat.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I read all the reviews first and thought "wow! This will fix my hair!" Wrong. After a disaster trying to go from dark to light my hair was fried. This product made it so much worse. The smell isn't as bad as some say but the product sucks. It is super challenging to get it to stay in your hair at first. After all this fuss my hair is now stringy and lifeless again. I cannot get a comb through it now. I will never recommend this. And yes, i did follow all directions.