Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Aphogee  Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)
The before(L)/after (R) of hair after AphogheeTwo-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

4.5

Hydrolyzed Collagen, Water (Aqua), Citric Acid, Dimethylol Urea, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylene Urea, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Phytantriol, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Magnesium Carbonate, Diethylene Glycol, Trideceth-12, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, DMDM Hydantoin, Linalool.

on 4/14/2017 9:29:00 PM

This is great I just used it on my hair that was Virginia until I coloured and bleached and saw breakage starting the result is silky healthy looking hair. However I used it before on very damaged overbleached hair and that time it caused half my hair to break off close to the roots so I wouldn't suggest it for fragile damaged hair but healthier damaged hair yes!

on 11/1/2015 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My hair - bleached, Asian, thick, coarse, extremely damaged, over-processed, crunchy, hay-like
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The smell really isn't that bad. It's not pleasant but I've smelled worse beauty products (Philosophy Hope in a Jar comes to mind). I also was extremely scared of putting this on my hair since the reviews said my hair would be very fragile. I was expecting an effect of being as fragile as glass shattering on the ground. But I would say it's more like putting a crap load of gel on your hair and letting it harden. My hair got softer and it got rid of the crunch (but not completely), but my expectations were quite high after reading these reviews which is probably my own fault> Definitely works wonders but in no way will this make your hair feel like virgin hair which is what I was unrealistically hoping for. Worth a shot and I will continue to use it until my hair grows out!

on 3/6/2015 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It's not that scary!! I'm here to at least enlighten anyone that when used correctly, there's absolutely nothing to worry about!!
My hair history - I have Caucasian, medium texture, straight slight wave hair. I recently had a bad temporary dye experience (box-dye never again), and it left my hair a tangled mess! It battered the ends, and it made my hair feel half as thick. Yikes, it was a gross disaster for a couple of weeks, that I could not let down.
I tried everything - and having had a bleach disaster in my past, I was already familiar with Nexxus emergencee, kpak, etc. etc you name it, I tried it. It all did nothing.
But this product is EVERYTHING nexxus emergence claims to be.This product actually works!!!
I was already aware that protein treatments make the hair quite hard - nexxus does too, so I knew what to expect in that way, but this one is quite different.

Let me also say that I was TERRIFIED of using it - my hair was in such a state that I stayed up late at night reading reviews on amazon and here - like 20 pages worth, so let me tell you, I really did my research! I decided I would start with a strand test. I took a piece from my front section, and yes, even the whole process of that took about an hour, but I could tell instantly that one piece of hair felt so much better than the rest!

There's honestly nothing to be scared of.

The only way it will break off your hair - is if you intentionally do that yourself (agitating it, when it specifically says not to). It's not going to harm your hair. If you're scared, try a small piece first. So I shampooed with pureology, rinsed it, then saturated a whole strand. I blasted it with super high heat for the first 10 minutes, to get it out of the 'tacky' step, then onto getting a bit more solid, turned the heat down to medium until hard. I actually find it easier to manage when it's more solid, as it doesn't stick to everything! Yes, I wore a garbage bag, and prepared myself for the worst, but it wasn't that messy. I've done worse! It's no different then dying your hair!

One thing I would recommend - don't touch the hair. No, not cause it will break off, but rather it's just superrr sticky and annoying, so more than anything it's because you'll pull a few strands loose, so I ended up washing my hands a few times through the process.

After it was all hard, jumped in the shower, water on slightly less pressure, just to ease it in gently, and viola - rinsed out!

Yes, as others have mentioned, the smell is atrocious, but a small price to pay. The balancing moisturizer smells like mens cologne, ha which is slightly better but still odd, and it takes most of the smell away in a couple hours.

The result - MUCH stronger hair. I can feel my individual hair strands again, and I can actually leave my hair down! Rejoice! Although I'm not out of the woods yet, I have bought some thickening products as well to get me through the next bit. I can't wait to use this again in 4 week (says 6, but I think my hair needs it a bit earlier).

Bottom line - don't be afraid to use it!!!! Those few scary reports are from people not using it correctly, etc. It's super easy, and I can't believe I had this for about a year, before I actually got the guts to use it! So I'm hoping I can inspire at least one person to go ahead and save your hair!

Oh, and I should mention, I used an ENTIRE bottle for one usage (4oz). but my hair is also really long. I will re-purchase the bigger size next time, and I just used the balancing moisturizer from the packet size.

on 11/19/2014 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Works great. I have been using it over 10 years. I am black with 4a hair. I used it when I had relaxed hair and natural hair. Most protein treatments make my hair too hard. Not this down side is its sticky and smells bad

on 10/5/2014 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is really, really great. I am bi-racial with 3A-3C, previously bleached and currently color-treated hair. This treatment actually makes my hair feel like it did prior to any processing. My curls stay tight and smooth when I don't straighten, and when I do, it's sleek like a professional blowout. I use step 1 for about an hour until my hair is hard like glass, rinse well, apply step 2, and wrap my hair overnight.
I buy the one-use packets, and it seems no matter how well I shake them up, there's always some separation of the product at the bottom. I just squirt all of it in my hair and lather it like I do shampoo and that seems to get it evenly distributed.
Give this a shot. It was a lifesaver after a relaxer overprocessed and left me shedding like a cat. In the 8 or so months since I started using these (every 6 weeks), I've gained about 5 inches of length... and I was one of those girls who was convinced my hair didn't grow!

Do this treatment while your man's out of the house. The smell almost knocked him flat out! But it's definitely worth it =)

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I just finished using this product. I had previously used it on clients in the salon, but never gave it a try personally. I'm so glad I tried it! My hair is platinum blonde, fine and prone to breakage. I have been doing the blonde for quite some time and I felt my hair needed a little love. I had a bit of breakage going on in the back and I really didn't want to cut it. So I picked this up from my local beauty supply. Works wonders! My hair is soft, smooth, manageable and healthy again. As a stylist, I know how important it is to use products AS DIRECTED. I read quite a bit of reviews on here before I posted my own and noticed a lot of people did not use this as directed. And it didn't work-what do you expect? If you aren't going to use it as directed, don't use it at all. It is after all, for PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY. But if you dutifully follow the instructions, you should be okay. This product can be a little messy, but not if you have someone to help you, or if you don't, just use this technique: in small amounts, drip the product onto the very top of your head, using a wide tooth comb, pull it through . It's as simple as that. Do not comb or agitate the hair once this product is in, you will be sorry if you do. You could literally lose all your hair. Use a hand dryer with ample heat and apply the heat to the hair. Slow motions! Again, try not to move or agitate the hair too much. Blow dry until your hair feels hard to the touch. DO NOT USE A CAP, DO NOT LEAVE IN FOR A LONG TIME/OVERNIGHT/etc. the product is not meant for this. It opens your hair cuticle to allow the keratin and protein to enter the hair shaft. Once your hair is hard, rinse well-do not agitate hair while rinsing. Once the treatment is rinsed, blot hair with a towel and follow up with the balancing moisturizer. This is a very important step and it cannot be skipped. Do not mix this conditioner with anything. Use it by itself. Apply to the hair, wide tooth comb again, leave in for 2-5 minutes TOPS. Rinse with cool water to close the hair cuticle. Comb once more and leave to air dry. *only use once every six weeks *be sure to use a clarifying shampoo before beginning this process. And btw, the smell is not that bad at all. It reminds me of rhubarb. The conditioner smells pretty heavy though. Not my favourite smell :)

on 4/7/2013 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Lately I've only been using this right before I get my sew-in. I love how to reconstructs the hair for up to 6 weeks afterwards. Which is just 2 weeks short of the typical length of time I keep my weave in. I haven't tried using this when wearing my hair on its own but will do it soon and post an update.
I definitely recommend putting the formula in a spray bottle, having wet paper towels or washcloths ready to wipe down your neck and wearing clothes you don't particularly care about. Because this stuff will make a mess. It drips and is really sticky.
Follow the instructions thoroughly. I know people who wanted to do things their way and use their own conditioner instead of the Balancing Moisturizer that you're supposed to use. Then they complain that the treatment made their hair really dry and straw like. Use the Balancing Moisturizer right after. Rinse it out and if you want use your regular conditioner after that.
The smell is another story. Its not great but not so horrible that I wouldn't use it. For such a potent treatment you shouldn't expect it to smell like flowers.

on 2/23/2013 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just used this for the first time and my hair feels amazing! My hair is very dry bleached hair that was in need of a major protein treatment, This did the trick. I followed the directions perfectly (which you really need to do). My hair feels soft and looks really healthy..atleast compared to how it was. I only used step one and then for step 2 i used shea moisture deep treatment masque. I will be using this every 6 weeks for sure!
check out my new blog about my hair growth journey www.waistfulwishes.com

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

AMAZING!!! This is the best hairproduct I have ever used!
My hair is very fine and I have mishandled it quite a bit: I colour it every 5 weeks, blowdry it, heatstyle it.. As a result it became very dry and frizzy. I have tried everything to make it better but nothing has ever worked for more than a day. I have spend so much money on my hair, it's crazy. But Aphogee two step Treatment has actually transformed my hair. Doing the treatment was drag, drying it took forever, even with my fine hair. But the result is amazing. I can't remember ever having silky hair before. My hair has always been dry, even when I didn't colour or heatstyle it. (But that was in the eighties and having dry frizzy hair was OK back then, those were the days..). But thanks to Aphogee I now have very soft and silky hair!

on 2/20/2012 7:35:00 PM

Wow...is this stuff amazing! I had to write a review because I am sooo happy with the results. Last year I bleached my entire head and hated it, so I then proceeded to dye it over and over. I have been dying my hair every month at least and constantly adding new highlights since the dreaded bleach job...lots of hair abuse! My hair is chin length and fine. I want to grow it out so I thought I would give aphogee a try based upon the reviews and I am so happy I did. My hair is super shiny, full of body, and looks so pretty. I will definitely be using aphogee every 6 weeks to help with the health and look of my hair and to help grow it out as fast as possible. Dont be afraid to try this stuff...it works! Follow the directions to a T, and you will have no problems. I found the odor to be somewhat pleasant and not bad at all.