Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Aphogee  Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)
The before(L)/after (R) of hair after AphogheeTwo-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

4.8

Hydrolyzed Collagen, Water (Aqua), Citric Acid, Dimethylol Urea, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylene Urea, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Phytantriol, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Magnesium Carbonate, Diethylene Glycol, Trideceth-12, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, DMDM Hydantoin, Linalool.

on 10/19/2017 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As I've found with all Aphogee products they are outstanding! This along with their other products have brought my dry over processed hair back to life. Have used this twice now and can't say enough good about it. Price is very affordable and results are fantastic. I will never use anything but Aphogee products on my hair from now on!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Wow wow wow. I just did it today for the first time in my life. This thing is a hair salvation. It's amazing. I don't even have words to describe how good this is. I have blond heavely highlighted hair, overprocessed as f*ck. It's not mushy, it's dry and brittle and it tangles a lot and after it tangles I have to untagle it and then it breaks off. So if you have hair like mine and you do your online research you will probably think that your hair doesn't need protein. You will be scared to use this on your hair. You will probably think that you will end up with protein overload and that your hair will fall out, snap out. At least I was, for a long time. Well guess what, there is no such thing as protein overload there is only lack of moisture. Every dyed or bleached or thermicaly abused hair is more or less damaged hair and every damaged hair needs protein. Then after you use this magical protein following the aphogee instructions you will use the matching balancing moisturizer and your hair will be balanced and silky and healthy as never before. So don't be scared, go ahead and use it. At least I will be every 4 weeks for the rest of my blonde life........

on 6/18/2015 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I finally had to give in and buy Aphogee because I was spending lots on money on masks, oils, treatments, leave-ins etc etc, tons of trips to Sally's trying to find a solution for my beat up hair . I was really afraid to try this because people make it sound something out of a scary movie, I read tons on reviews and followed the instructions to a T, in my experience the smell was pretty offensive and the product was really runny, in the advise of another Muaer I put step 1 in a spray bottle (which towards the end the liquid foamed up inside the spray bottle and became super sticky, very hard to apply) and used a trash bag as a shirt. Left it on for one hour and blasted on a off with my blow drier, the most damaged parts (bangs, tips of hair on the back) took the longest to dry, I jumped in the shower and let the warm water wash the product out for 3-5 minutes until the hair softened up, put step #2, massaged and let it sit for about 5 minutes, rinsed and used Aussie 3 minute miracle but I found out that just the Aphogee conditioner would have been enough. In the shower I saw that my hair still looked and felt mushy and stringy but it dried out soft and shiny and it wasn't sticking to my arms/skin, today it looks healthy, a lot less frizzy, feels a little stronger and I got my wavy hair back (I airdried it) is not a total fix, I would say that it improved the look of my hair about 80%, it doesn't look fried anymore but I still don't feel confident to wear it down or heat style it, for hair damaged from bleach and toners like mine the only solution is a haircut, which I don't want, will do a second treatment in 6 weeks, someone mentioned that it took her hair four treatments to have her damaged bleached hair back to normal, so I have a very long journey of about six months ahead, will continue updating.
Update: One week later and hair still spongy in the shower but is not stretchy, dries out faster and got more waves, it's a little on the dry side as I anticipated, will continue with moisture treatments. Three weeks later and my hair feels like a need a treatment already but I don't have zig zaggy, crunchy, funky ends and I was able to keep my length, I don't even need a trim yet, I blew dried my hair but I still don't think my hair is ready for that, still takes a long time to dry and has that weird texture that bleached hair has after the shower, from root to shoulders looks repaired, the ends still look sad.
UPDATE: 6 weeks later and did my second treatment, this time I bought it directly from Sally's and it had no horrible smell at all, will never buy it from Ebay again, that stuff was rancid and probably expired, application this time was much easier, the product wasn't so sticky and I was able to apply it a lot easier, added water to my spray bottle and the product worked out a lot better, blew dried my hair and to my surprise it got crunchy and dry in 25-30 minutes (last application even after one hour my hair was still damp) air dried outside the rest of the time because it was 100F, ended leaving it on for one hour and a half, after I washed out the product I could see that my hair strands didn't have that weird S texture and that the strands were not attaching to each other, a true miracle considering that I have been battling with that since February, used their conditioner with a little bit of Blonde Brilliance warm toned conditioner and it made my hair soft like silk, after the shower my hair looked brand new, no more zig zaggy pattern, my hair wasn't sticking to my arms/skin anymore, air dried in only a couple of hours, don't see a wave pattern this time but my hair looks like it had never touched bleach, I feel like I can heat style my hair again! This could be my last treatment.
Edit: I had a little set back, I had to dye my hair because this treatment made my blonde the color of pee, I had to put some ash back in it and my hair feels extremely soft, like when you have damage and hair feels slimy and soft when wet, I only left the color for 25 minutes. I stopped using protein masks because at this point my hair has enough protein, I started with moisture masks and my hair has a ton of wave and volume again.
October: my hair was getting so crazy tangled that I would wake up with giant mats even though I sleep with a satin bonnet, no detangler or deep conditioner, masks were helping either, when your bleached hair does that is because it needs protein so I decided to go to Sally's and do a treatment, I put on a homemade plastic bib and applied it on towel dried hair, dried it with the blow dryer and it was almost dry in 20 minutes, left it on for one hour and 20 minutes, left the moisturizing conditioner for another hour and my hair came out silky and shiny, like virgin hair

on 3/15/2010 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I recently read on MUA that this was THE treatment to try for very damaged hair. I don't think of my hair as damaged or brittle, but it is very thin and i use heat on it every other day. I went to Sally's Beauty Supply to find a single use sample of the two step treatment for around $4. I used it tonight and have to say it is looking like I just got a haircut. Before I used this I could see all of the split ends. After the treatment was complete, I could no longer see any splits. I will def be buying this again in 6 weeks when its time to use again. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a fast and relatively cheap way to strengthen their hair. The smell is bad, but it isn't AS BAD as people make it out to be on this website. If your deciding whether to try it out, GO FOR IT

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This product is the best for immediate improvement in my hair. This is the only treatment ive used that i know for a fact makes my hair stronger. I do hate the smell. I have to pair it with a heavily purfumed conditioner to mask it. I also dislike the packaging. I wish it came in a easy to pour bottle like the ones for hair color. Edit: knocking this down a few since it contains animal proteins that can build up on the hair. Not cool.