Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Aphogee  Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)
The before(L)/after (R) of hair after AphogheeTwo-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

Hydrolyzed Collagen, Water (Aqua), Citric Acid, Dimethylol Urea, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylene Urea, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Phytantriol, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Magnesium Carbonate, Diethylene Glycol, Trideceth-12, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, DMDM Hydantoin, Linalool.

on 6/9/2017 9:00:00 AM

I have extremely fine, blonde, naturally straight hair. After 2 bad bleaching experiences my hair got very brittle and snapped off, leaving my hair looking horrendous. I have a weave thankfully so it was well hidden. I have used every hair mask and leave in conditioner under the sun. My hair was limp and lifeless and I couldn't style it in any way. I have only used this product once, however I have noticed a difference strajght away, its much stronger. When my hair is wet it is now smooth and soft, before it was so brittle and knotted I got barely get a. brush through it, texture of my hair totally changed for the better after using this, definitley recommend.

on 3/30/2015 9:49:00 AM

I bought the moisturizing bottle (purple) at a large beauty store by itself as its available that way......'EH'. Not bad, not good. That's my take.

(Two years of experimenting with bleach/colors/after treatments!)

on 11/11/2014 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm biracial and decided I rented to try one more time for blonde hair. Ive bleached and toned my hair so many times in the last two weeks I lost count! Needless to say my hair was like a rubberband! Yes this stuff stinks, but its the only reason I still have hair on my head!! Put it on, dry it rock hard with a dryer, follow with a deep conditioner. It works!!

on 4/3/2013 12:50:00 PM

I have used this numerous times, but to be honest it did nothing for me. My hair is fine and thin and damages easily from daily styling, heat and periodic coloring. The only way to make my hair better is by regular trims. Maybe my hair isn't as damaged as others and I am grateful for that.

The smell of it isn't bad, just not pleasant. I will continue using it though because it is cheap and maybe it is doing something I am not aware of.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Three things:

1] Have a fan on in the bathroom or wherever you're doing this treatment as it STINKS;

2] Step One should be done with your head over a sink or bathtub as it's watery and runny.

3] Invest in a hard-shell/hard hat hair dryer. Your arms will thank you for it!

Having said that, this product helped me get my bleached out hair almost back to normal. I followed the directions and the reviews here on Makeup Alley and within an hour or so, I had happy hair again!

Fortunately, I just got a nice little one time use dual-packet of this treatment so it only cost me $4. I decided to give this product a try to see if it would improve the condition of my hair. I also wanted to use this product as a pre-coloring treatment. I normally use neutral protein filler, which i love, but just wanted to try something a little different. big mistake. i have serious hot roots now! however, my hair IS super soft and shiny. in the future ill use this as a stand alone treatment on days when im not dying my hair. for a treatment to help w/ even color distribution, ill stick to neutral protein.

The single best thing I've ever found for repairing damaged hair. Smells bizarre during the treatment but worth it. Have a stylist who has a hot hair dryer put it on for you, gently pulling through the hair. Don't have them smush the hair even when it's wet... you want it all straight. Then without any bonnet or cotton ... just copious towels, sit under the dryer a long time till the whole head of hair is crispy. You can flop the wet ends up onto the top gently so they can dry. Then wash out (don't shampoo) and immediately apply the moisture pack for a few minutes, and rinse that out. Helps restore fine hair that suffers in processing. (Best thing in the world for bleach issues, I think.)

Don't do it a lot - once or twice a month. Use that moisture pack often, as too much protein also isn't good for your hair and you have to balance that with moisture treatments.

on 6/18/2012 11:10:00 PM

So I bought this solely off of the reviews..which seem great. Left it on my hair and blow-dried it until it was pretty solid. Rinsed it out and then used the deep conditioner it came with for about half and hour. I noticed no difference in my hair. It seemed dryer. A few days later my hair is breaking off even worse and I'm losing tons of hair!! Every time I brush it clumps fall out!! The only thing I tried was this so it must have had a bad effect on my hair. Any suggestions on how to fix this please let me know :(

I am so grateful to everyone in here who made me buy this product. I have recently highlighted my hair blonde with cheap drugstore products (usually use professional goldwell and wella) and it looked like crap. Very brittle, dryish and absolutely no body.
So i figured I should buy a protein treatment as redken extreme or k-pac when I came across reviews of the two step treatment. It is soo cheap! Bought it off ebay for 13 dollars shipping incl, (compared to about 60!! dollar for a redken extreme treatment, it sucks living in Sweden!) And used it last night. It did smell pretty bad especially together with all the heat from my hair dryer, but the results are amazing!
My hair is just lika my 8 year old sisters who I was very envious of last time I saw her hair. ;)
Now I just need a little moisture boost for the shine.
Definately recommend this!

Uploaded a picture, check it out! Styled my hair with babyliss big hair styler. Most amazing tool too!

on 3/3/2012 5:00:00 PM

Wow! All the other reviewers who raved about this product were so right. I don't even recognize my own hair today after using this for the first time ever. Soft, smooth-looking hair. I didn't realize what a damaged mess my fine, thin hair was from over-bleached hi-lights. I have found a new hairdresser and a new HG hair product: Aphogee Two-Step. **Thanks to the Hair Board for recommending this product as well as all those experts who wrote detailed reviews of it.