Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

Aphogee  Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)
The before(L)/after (R) of hair after AphogheeTwo-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

4.5

Hydrolyzed Collagen, Water (Aqua), Citric Acid, Dimethylol Urea, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylene Urea, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Phytantriol, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Magnesium Carbonate, Diethylene Glycol, Trideceth-12, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, DMDM Hydantoin, Linalool.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This treatment is awesome!
I have wavy sway 2A type highlighted hair. I color with Aveda every 4 months and I cut my hair ones a year (trying to grow them longer). I don't have serious damage, but I start loosing a curl pattern and wasn't happy about very ends of my hair (last time I had color and cut 2.5 months ago) so I decided to give Aphogee a try.
I didn't use their shampoo, I used mine. Towel dried my hair, brushed them with a wide tooth comb, and applied treatment. The treatment didn't went on my clothes despite of warnings of other reviewers. And it doesn't smell that bad. I already had much worse smelling things being apply on my hair by professionals.
I went with concept 'less is more', divided my hair in two parts (left and right), put a bit of treatment in my palm, and distribute it on hair. Repeated several times, combed one side. Did same thing on another side.
No matter how much product I was adding my hair didn't became dry or unbrushable.
After I finish I gently dried it with my regular hairdryer on low settings. My hair didn't became rock hair, just stiff.
Once treatment completely dried I rinsed it off, applied moisturizer, combed hair again and waited for about 15 minutes before to rinse moisturizer (it's written to wait two minutes, but I've decided that more is more in this case).
I let my hair air dry and I immediately noticed that I have way less frizz and much more waves. They also became much softer.
Since then I've washed my hair couple of times. The magic of this treatment for me is that I can let my hair air dry and it looks great. No frizz!!! The only think I'm using now as a styling product is a shine spray. Nothing else! I do not waste my time on blowdrying my hair and I get compliments on how do they look. Awesome stuff!

on 4/14/2017 9:29:00 PM

This is great I just used it on my hair that was Virginia until I coloured and bleached and saw breakage starting the result is silky healthy looking hair. However I used it before on very damaged overbleached hair and that time it caused half my hair to break off close to the roots so I wouldn't suggest it for fragile damaged hair but healthier damaged hair yes!

on 3/30/2017 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I used this product before, great stuff

on 3/30/2017 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been aware of this product and its rave reviews for probably 7 years and never used it. I want to go back in time and shake myself. For some reason I didn't think this could be that much better than K-Pak, and I had already tried Olaplex. Y'all...this is so much better than K-Pak and Olaplex doesn't do the same thing at all, those do the equivalent of nothing compared to this. I can play with my hair without it instantly turning into a tangled nasty mess for the first time in years. YEARS. I have the most overprocessed hair ever. I'm as picky about color as I am indecisive about it, and at one point I tried to force myself to stop changing my hair color by committing to a henna/indigo dark brown. This just resulted in me desperately bleaching the living hell out of it, and it is now platinum. It's probably been bleached all over 7 times. Even before that it was already very damaged, so I am an extreme case.

This stuff makes my hair behave like genuinely healthy hair. There is zero silicone on my hair right now and I can't stop running my finger through it, it's so smooth. I followed the directions to a T. I did use a spray bottle to apply it more evenly (helps a ton) and I used an inflatable hood dryer (highly recommend these) til my hair was bone dry. My hair felt like a wicker basket. I thoroughly rinsed it out and then used a light detangling type conditioner (not the accompanying conditioner, way too fragranced and I'm sensitive), and threw some avocado oil on the ends. Nothing fancy, no cones, and my hair feels comparable to its virgin condition. A lot of curly haired girls say this stuff returned their curl pattern, well this returned mine too only my curl pattern is just straight lol. It doesn't have that telltale overlightened wavy, fluffy thing going on anymore. It's only like 4 bucks for the packet at Sallys so you have nothing to lose. I plan on buying the biggest size next time. if your hair is chemically treated you can't afford not to buy this stuff, it makes everything else look like a joke.

on 2/25/2017 6:13:00 PM

You guys... I never write reviews but searched it out online just so I could write one - I'm so glad I did this!! My hair had been breaking off and I stopped brushing it bc the sound of it popping was making me feel so anxious!! I called my stylist and she suggested to use a protein treatment until I could have an appt with her - (ps. My hair has never been so damaged, and it's not her fault! I colored it pink and lavender a few times on my own, used a very drying shampoo with color in it, not to mention I curled it with a flat iron every so often) I panicked because it suddenly started to look way worse so I got the treatment this morning and did it this afternoon.
I can finally take a deep breath because it has fixed my hair. I'm no longer in the state of panic because I can run my fingers through my hair without feeling it pull like a rubber band and waiting for it to pop. Phew!! So glad this worked!!!!!!

I got the small packets and used two for my medium length hair, I left a 2 star for packaging because it was really hard to get the product on the my hair evenly.

on 1/21/2017 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hi everyone! I recently dyed my hair black and am going to do this treatment to seal in colour. I, however, only have the treatment and moisturizer. It says on package to use ApHogee shampoo prior to treatment. I don't have any! And I would have to travel 30min to get some. Wondering if there are any comparable shampoos and or conditioners could use instead? (I have the packet two step treatment; comes with protein and conditioner).

on 12/11/2016 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

A mess to use but extremely effective. I really like this product and the Aphogee brand in general. Their line is no-frills, inexpensive, and very effective.

My hair: unprocessed, fine, thick, and prone to splits.

I wasn't that impressed the first time I used it but I think I didn't dry my hair thoroughly enough with it applied. The second time I used the dryer longer and the layers of protein seem to have accumulated from the previous use. My hair is subtly shinier and smoother and the waves are more defined. My hair feels weird for a few days but it less split prone. I feel like I can go longer between haircuts before my ends get ratty.

A lifetime ago, when I was in middle school and didn't know jack about hair color, I colored my hair jet black over my waist length natural level 8 wheat blond hair (I hated being called dumb blonde!). Fast forward 3 months I decide to go back to my natural color. Not knowing about color removers (thank god for them!!) I decided to bleach my hair. Jet black ends with red roots. I bleached again that day, resulting in orange hair with yellow roots. Next day, another round of bleach. Well...it got me to the color I was looking for, but my hair had the texture of wet noodles, and started snapping off from shoulder length down. I, screaming like a banshee, rushed to Sally's to see if there was a way to fix it. SA led me to this. I had to lop off my glorious hair up above my shoulders, then applied this 2 step system. It worked!! My hair immediately lost that spongy texture and regained it's luster. Only used it the one time, but I never forgot about it. Fast forward about a dozen years, I was trying to remove a particularly stubborn gold undertone from years of copper orange color. Stripped my hair a bit too much, and hair took on a spongy texture, but thankfully no snapping. Used this stuff again with the same great results. I never bleach anyone's hair who've previously dyed their hair and want to bleach it without this in my kit...just in case. This stuff truly saves hair! I can't recommend it enough

on 11/5/2016 1:53:00 PM

This stuff is a miracle in a bottle. For background:

I moved to a new area, and my new stylist made my hair an awful yellow blonde. Two color corrections later (one did not do the trick, the second stylist finally did what I wanted; a cooler blonde) my hair is, simply put: crappy.

My HG for damaged dry hair (common being a bottle blonde most of my life) is Kenra Nourishing Masque. This time, it wasn't doing the trick. Every time I washed and conditioned my hair, it was stretchy, and hair broke off in my fingers. Not a ton, but enough to clog the drain every shower. It also looked frizzy and straw-like when dry.

I used Aphogee for the first time. It took roughly 30 minutes of blow drying to get rock hard. I rinsed, applied Aphogee's balancing conditioner, rinsed. Then applied my Kenra Nourishing masque, left on for 20 minutes, and rinsed.

When I rinsed out my Kenra masque and ran my fingers through my hair, NO HAIR CAME OUT ON MY HANDS for the first time in 1.5 years. I couldn't believe it. My hair looks decent again now when I dry and style it. Less frizzy spots, and a flat iron can smooth out my frizzies like it used to.

If deep conditioners are not working for you (I was using my Kenra every day without results) then give this stuff a try!

on 10/2/2016 5:04:00 PM

OK. it does make your hair super sticky!!!!! feels like I poured syrup in my hair. I recommend doing your hair in sections as if you put it all in your hair and then comb you will cry it's so hard to comb thru. After the conditioning treatment it was still a little knotted but my hair is just that way (thick curly fizzy damaged lol) but it felt sooooooo much better! not like salon "just got a wash cut and blow out amazing" but pretty darn good. like another user said, if you have ANY length to your hair buy the bottle. I messed up and just got the packet and it wasn't near enough

Popular Hair Treatments