Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

Aphogee  Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

4.5

Hydrolyzed Collagen, Water (Aqua), Citric Acid, Dimethylol Urea, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylene Urea, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Phytantriol, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Magnesium Carbonate, Diethylene Glycol, Trideceth-12, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, DMDM Hydantoin, Linalool.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

It as pretty good, but not life changing.
Make sure you wear a shitty shirt so you can just cut it off, lol. Pretty araight forward, east to use. I liked it. Don't be scared of it! :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have not yet used and need some help. I got hair done at salon and was bleached in 6 applications one day and then another application one week later period 3 weeks after that I went to the spa and she said instead of doing the roots that I should actually get a perm because she didn't want to perm it after she did another dose of color to do my roots. Well Kama it almost fell out altogether. I lost a lot of hair. Now it is all Gummy around the crowd only. Everywhere else and even when the ground dries, it is very very hard and stiff and breaks. I went and got a Redken shot at my local salon and then I bought the entire extreme line including the shots so I can do all this at home. I also purchased this. I have only had one Redken shot so far but I'm kind of scared to use this product. I'm afraid to use it because I have begun using the Redken extreme line for 1 secondly the lower half of my hair isn't that damaged period not like the top. Should I do this product only on the crown of my head head where the most damage is? Any help would be appreciated. The Stylist that I went to I need to add told me that I don't need any of this stuff. I just don't see how that's possible because my hair is completely gone and takes 8 or 9 hours to drive around my head and is the most damaged I've ever seen it in my life

To Read all 221 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

If you bleached your hair to the elastic stretchy gummy mush wad spaghetti death mess that literally falls out in clumps then you absolutely should give Aphogee protein treatments a try. I wish I had known about it so long ago, I would have been able to save my long hair (now its almost a pixie and still can't get all the damaged bits off). To be clear, my hair is still damaged because bleach is permanent and irreversible damage but after treating it with Aphogee ITS NOT GUMMY AND STRETCHY AND FALLING OUT. This is exciting if you have ever been through the trauma that is lightly/barely brushing your hand through your hair after a shower and having an entire section of your hair fall off in your hand. It's still going to take a lot of babying of hair, but having it stay intact and act as if its actually hair is a huge deal. The smell isn't even that bad! I don't necessarily like it and the moisturizer does totally smell like men's product, but if thats the price I pay to not have that weird stretchy spaghetti I don't care what it smells like. I absolutely would recommend it to anyone who has bleach damaged their hair to the mushy stage, otherwise be careful with proteins!

I literally signed up on this site just to write this review and add my voice to the aphogee praise chorus. I have very fine, dark blonde hair. In the past three months, I bleached it 4 times, toned it 3, dyed it pink, and subsequently stripped the pink with baking soda and vitamin C treatments ( 4 in a week). Look, I have bleached my hair platinum for 6 years and never had my hair been as damaged as it was after what I did this time. My hair was snapping left and right, I couldn't brush it, it felt like plastic barbie hair. I tried coconut oil, moroccanoil, deep conditioning.....not a single thing worked. In fact, it just kept getting worse. I resigned myself to having to shave it all off ( not even the roots were salvageable). As a last ditch effort I bought this stuff. The application wasn't nearly as difficult as people had said it would be, dried within 20 minutes under a hand held dryer. I washed it out, did a quick 2 minute condition with my usual stuff.

I am not kidding when I say I may have to start believing in god because of this product. My hair is as soft and strong as it was prior to bleaching. I am in complete disbelief. Yes, the splitting and damage is still there, it's not like this stuff regrows your hair . However, my hair is back to being silky and shiny and 100% manageable.

My only regret is not having this stuff on hand for immediately after i bleached my hair, probably could have saved 2 weeks worth of after-bleach styling damage.

BUY THIS STUFF WHEN YOU BUY YOUR BLEACH! Trust me, you won't regret it.

on 2/20/2016 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Holy Mother of God, this product is a life saver. When you are having breakage issues, this is the product you want to use and nip it right in the bud. I know why I never used this product before, I was scared of losing all my hair?? I had major breakage issues, after trying millions of oils, masks, conditioners, shampoos, gave in and finally gave this product a try and I have to say it is helping with the breakage. Wish I had tried this earlier and not lost the thickness. I blow dry twice a week, use henna once every 6 months and this product is a must for me. I follow up with Macadamia Professionals Nourishing Moisture Mask and love the results. The smell is not that bad and compared to Apple cider vinegar this smells wonderful :P Do give it a try if your hair needs a boost. I am writing this review after finishing up the small bottle. Planning to purchase the bigger size now.

on 11/1/2015 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My hair - bleached, Asian, thick, coarse, extremely damaged, over-processed, crunchy, hay-like
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The smell really isn't that bad. It's not pleasant but I've smelled worse beauty products (Philosophy Hope in a Jar comes to mind). I also was extremely scared of putting this on my hair since the reviews said my hair would be very fragile. I was expecting an effect of being as fragile as glass shattering on the ground. But I would say it's more like putting a crap load of gel on your hair and letting it harden. My hair got softer and it got rid of the crunch (but not completely), but my expectations were quite high after reading these reviews which is probably my own fault> Definitely works wonders but in no way will this make your hair feel like virgin hair which is what I was unrealistically hoping for. Worth a shot and I will continue to use it until my hair grows out!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Now let me get into the nitty gritty of this product. First let me start off by saying this product is A1. I'm a naturalista my hair type is maybe 4b/c however its soft and on the finer side. Now sometime last year my hair begun to feel too soft and way too limp for my liking so like I always do I hit the net and do some research. Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment stood out. So of course i researched it some more and the dramatic feedback made me a bit hesitant to buy it. Anyhoooo went to my local drugstore saw it bite the bullet and bought it. When i got home i said a quick prayer(to protect my hair lol) read the instructions thoroughly(i think like 4 times) i had to get it right then start the process. Btw it comes with the protein treatment and the balancing moisturizing conditioner(try and get both)

The Process
So first i shampoo my hair and towel dry. Now comes the protein treatment. Now i must tell you like what most says IT STINKS!!!! But bearable. After applying it i comb through my hair so its evenly distributed after that you can either use a hooded dryer or the other one. Since i have the other one i'll put it ob high and dry my hair with the protein treatment still in it. Here comes the dramatic part, ur hair tends to get so hard however dont comb, brush or agitate it so much(i dnt know what will happen, just dont). After drying your hair for abt 3 minutes its safe to wash it out. When doing so wet hair with preferbly warm water. After most of the protein is out and hair becomes soft. Continue running water on it until protein is completly gone. TRUST ME wgen i say this you'll feel a complete difference in your hair its as if it got stronger.

After washing out the protein towel dry your hair then apply balancing moisturizer(this smells pretty decent far from overbearing as step 1) so basically this is used to restore the moisture in your hair(its so dope) plan on using it even after step 1 finishes. But for real tho cop this product plus its affordable all you gotta do is read the instructions and this review and it'll be successful. I advise doing this couple weeks before installing braids weave or any othet protective style

Reference to bleach/colored hair
So i recently bleach and color my hair and i wanted to try aphogee again but i was abit nervous since i didnt want it affecting the color. Did it earlier today and again worked like a charm. And jay is a happy camper

Ignore the tlks abt the smell or the process or any other negative review and get this badss. You wont regret it

on 9/4/2015 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have fine hair that is very damaged from years of coloring. I had gotten to the point where I had a lot of breakage strands of hair were coming out every time I washed my hair. I had to clean out my brush every few days, and hair, hair everywhere like I was shedding. My hair also would not hold color, even permanent color for more than a couple weeks. I have tried reconstructors, protein treatments, and deep conditioners in the past. Reconstructors made my hair worse, and other protein treatments helped with porosity.

This is a bit unlike other products, it is a watery liquid like Colorful Neutral Protein Filler, but application is much different. I followed the directions and saturated my hair with the product then blow dried my hair careful not to "agitate" my hair. As the package said the hair will become very dry and hard, almost crisp. I then rinsed and despite how my hair felt after blow drying once rinsed my hair was only a bit on the dry side.

The second step is a deep conditioner which is to be left on for two minutes. My hair feels great its very smooth and was easy to brush. I typically add oil to my hair after washing and conditioning and did not find that necessary after using this.

This is a must if you have damaged hair from bleaching, coloring, perming, or relaxing.

The first step, the protein treatment has a bit of an odd smell, it's not terrible or overpowering but smells a bit like rotten oranges. A single use kit with both products funs about $4USD, and larger sizes can be purchased separately a varying prices.The single use kit is great to try the product and see if it works without buying the larger sizes and being disappointed, but I don't think its possible not to love this product.

This dramatically reduced hair breakage for me.

I know, we have already established that this product is awesome but I just had to add my review. I LOVE this stuff. I have dyed and fried my hair repeatedly for years (many, MANY chemical cuts) and I can't believe that I didn't know how great this was. I recently stripped out my black hair and went to a medium brown, leaving the front of my hair gummy and dull. I was looking up treatments online and had to try this after reading the reviews.

I had tried re-constructors and protein treatments years ago and got the same straw-like feeling that others have described. Even the Redkin protein treatment left me with rough, dry hair. However, Aphogee left me with healthy feeling, silkier hair even before I used the deep conditioner.

To start, I used my L'Oreal Professoinnel Intense Repair shampoo. I then towel dried and applied the product per the directions (do this over the tub so you don't drip all over the floor). It does sting your hands a bit so gloves wouldn't be a bad idea but they aren't required. Yes, it has a smell but its not terrible. Perms smell worse.

For me, it took FOREVER to dry even with a hand dryer. I sat there drying for about 45 minutes before I couldn't take it any longer. I spent another hour sitting with it without the dryer, then another 15 minutes drying at the end. Even with all of that, the back still wasn't completely dry but since I have short hair back there and it was barely damaged in the back, I figured it was good enough. The crunchy, hard shell rinses out pretty easy. I then sat with the Aphogee conditioner on for about 15 minutes. Again, the conditioner has a strong scent but it's not nearly as bad as some reviewers have described. I kind of enjoyed it. For what the product does, the odor of the treatment and conditioner is a small price to pay.

Results: Is my hair perfect? No. With the damage that my hair had, nothing could ever possibly exist to make it perfect. That said, my hair is WAY better than it was. The severe crunch is gone, it's no longer gummy when wet, and it is way less prone to breakage. I'm still a little frazzled at the very ends and I'm over all still a little frizzy but I'm definitely not complaining. I will definitely be doing this again in 6 weeks.

NOTE: I did this just 2 days after depositing color in my hair and it did make my ashy brown warmer. I knew this was a risk from my cosmetology days (protein tends to push color out of the cuticle) but considering the level of damage I had, I went for it anyway. It's nothing that can't be toned out when my hair is in a little better shape.

Ohhhh myyyy good this stuff is bloody incredible! !! If ur hair is like chewing gum or breaking ur ready to chop it all off and start again stop what ur doin! ! Use this my hair was like mush after bleaching the crap out of it seriously so happy my hair feels lush after the first application so cheap and I spent so much money on conditioning treatments this stuff is legendary!!!! Used on Caucasian hair followed instructions didnt need the conditioner either just used standard conditoner with it cant say thank u enough to the ppl who invented this wonder potion!!!!

Popular Hair Treatments