Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

Aphogee  Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)
The before(L)/after (R) of hair after AphogheeTwo-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

4.5

Hydrolyzed Collagen, Water (Aqua), Citric Acid, Dimethylol Urea, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylene Urea, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Phytantriol, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Magnesium Carbonate, Diethylene Glycol, Trideceth-12, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, DMDM Hydantoin, Linalool.

on 2/25/2017 6:13:00 PM

You guys... I never write reviews but searched it out online just so I could write one - I'm so glad I did this!! My hair had been breaking off and I stopped brushing it bc the sound of it popping was making me feel so anxious!! I called my stylist and she suggested to use a protein treatment until I could have an appt with her - (ps. My hair has never been so damaged, and it's not her fault! I colored it pink and lavender a few times on my own, used a very drying shampoo with color in it, not to mention I curled it with a flat iron every so often) I panicked because it suddenly started to look way worse so I got the treatment this morning and did it this afternoon.
I can finally take a deep breath because it has fixed my hair. I'm no longer in the state of panic because I can run my fingers through my hair without feeling it pull like a rubber band and waiting for it to pop. Phew!! So glad this worked!!!!!!

I got the small packets and used two for my medium length hair, I left a 2 star for packaging because it was really hard to get the product on the my hair evenly.

on 1/21/2017 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hi everyone! I recently dyed my hair black and am going to do this treatment to seal in colour. I, however, only have the treatment and moisturizer. It says on package to use ApHogee shampoo prior to treatment. I don't have any! And I would have to travel 30min to get some. Wondering if there are any comparable shampoos and or conditioners could use instead? (I have the packet two step treatment; comes with protein and conditioner).

on 12/11/2016 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

A mess to use but extremely effective. I really like this product and the Aphogee brand in general. Their line is no-frills, inexpensive, and very effective.

My hair: unprocessed, fine, thick, and prone to splits.

I wasn't that impressed the first time I used it but I think I didn't dry my hair thoroughly enough with it applied. The second time I used the dryer longer and the layers of protein seem to have accumulated from the previous use. My hair is subtly shinier and smoother and the waves are more defined. My hair feels weird for a few days but it less split prone. I feel like I can go longer between haircuts before my ends get ratty.

A lifetime ago, when I was in middle school and didn't know jack about hair color, I colored my hair jet black over my waist length natural level 8 wheat blond hair (I hated being called dumb blonde!). Fast forward 3 months I decide to go back to my natural color. Not knowing about color removers (thank god for them!!) I decided to bleach my hair. Jet black ends with red roots. I bleached again that day, resulting in orange hair with yellow roots. Next day, another round of bleach. Well...it got me to the color I was looking for, but my hair had the texture of wet noodles, and started snapping off from shoulder length down. I, screaming like a banshee, rushed to Sally's to see if there was a way to fix it. SA led me to this. I had to lop off my glorious hair up above my shoulders, then applied this 2 step system. It worked!! My hair immediately lost that spongy texture and regained it's luster. Only used it the one time, but I never forgot about it. Fast forward about a dozen years, I was trying to remove a particularly stubborn gold undertone from years of copper orange color. Stripped my hair a bit too much, and hair took on a spongy texture, but thankfully no snapping. Used this stuff again with the same great results. I never bleach anyone's hair who've previously dyed their hair and want to bleach it without this in my kit...just in case. This stuff truly saves hair! I can't recommend it enough

on 11/5/2016 1:53:00 PM

This stuff is a miracle in a bottle. For background:

I moved to a new area, and my new stylist made my hair an awful yellow blonde. Two color corrections later (one did not do the trick, the second stylist finally did what I wanted; a cooler blonde) my hair is, simply put: crappy.

My HG for damaged dry hair (common being a bottle blonde most of my life) is Kenra Nourishing Masque. This time, it wasn't doing the trick. Every time I washed and conditioned my hair, it was stretchy, and hair broke off in my fingers. Not a ton, but enough to clog the drain every shower. It also looked frizzy and straw-like when dry.

I used Aphogee for the first time. It took roughly 30 minutes of blow drying to get rock hard. I rinsed, applied Aphogee's balancing conditioner, rinsed. Then applied my Kenra Nourishing masque, left on for 20 minutes, and rinsed.

When I rinsed out my Kenra masque and ran my fingers through my hair, NO HAIR CAME OUT ON MY HANDS for the first time in 1.5 years. I couldn't believe it. My hair looks decent again now when I dry and style it. Less frizzy spots, and a flat iron can smooth out my frizzies like it used to.

If deep conditioners are not working for you (I was using my Kenra every day without results) then give this stuff a try!

on 10/2/2016 5:04:00 PM

OK. it does make your hair super sticky!!!!! feels like I poured syrup in my hair. I recommend doing your hair in sections as if you put it all in your hair and then comb you will cry it's so hard to comb thru. After the conditioning treatment it was still a little knotted but my hair is just that way (thick curly fizzy damaged lol) but it felt sooooooo much better! not like salon "just got a wash cut and blow out amazing" but pretty darn good. like another user said, if you have ANY length to your hair buy the bottle. I messed up and just got the packet and it wasn't near enough

on 9/27/2016 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

hi ladies i must said this product is awesome...i have very bleached processed hair..went from ash blonde to grey finally 😊..but due to the bleach processing my ends became very frail..and when wet was very gummy/mushy this priduct save my hair cant believe it wish i had known about iy way before now my hair would be extremely long..if yoy bleach or process your hair you need to use this your hair will thank you..trust me..oh btw my hair is fine straight indian hair..but colored grey now 😄

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Why did I not start using this product sooner in my life? I can only imagine how many problems it would have solved!

I have biracial, thick, curly, 3c - 4a, natural hair. I don't do any heat styling, but my hair suffers damage from manipulation (detangling mostly). For years, I just assumed there was nothing I could do about that type of damage because of the texture of my hair. I was wrong.

This product is a game changer.

Do not be afraid to use it. It is extremely easy! Just follow the instructions, and you'll be fine. I don't have a hooded dryer, so I used a blow dryer. I have only used it once, and the difference in my hair's health is mind-blowing. Obviously, the hair is not completely repaired, but it is stronger and silkier. My damaged curls are revived. I cannot believe that there is a little miracle bottle that produces results like this. Next time I use it, I may leave it on for longer for a stronger effect.

I realize that I'm just adding to the already stellar reviews of this product. But it really does work!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

It as pretty good, but not life changing.
Make sure you wear a shitty shirt so you can just cut it off, lol. Pretty araight forward, east to use. I liked it. Don't be scared of it! :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have not yet used and need some help. I got hair done at salon and was bleached in 6 applications one day and then another application one week later period 3 weeks after that I went to the spa and she said instead of doing the roots that I should actually get a perm because she didn't want to perm it after she did another dose of color to do my roots. Well Kama it almost fell out altogether. I lost a lot of hair. Now it is all Gummy around the crowd only. Everywhere else and even when the ground dries, it is very very hard and stiff and breaks. I went and got a Redken shot at my local salon and then I bought the entire extreme line including the shots so I can do all this at home. I also purchased this. I have only had one Redken shot so far but I'm kind of scared to use this product. I'm afraid to use it because I have begun using the Redken extreme line for 1 secondly the lower half of my hair isn't that damaged period not like the top. Should I do this product only on the crown of my head head where the most damage is? Any help would be appreciated. The Stylist that I went to I need to add told me that I don't need any of this stuff. I just don't see how that's possible because my hair is completely gone and takes 8 or 9 hours to drive around my head and is the most damaged I've ever seen it in my life