Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

Aphogee  Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)
The before(L)/after (R) of hair after AphogheeTwo-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

4.5

Hydrolyzed Collagen, Water (Aqua), Citric Acid, Dimethylol Urea, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylene Urea, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Phytantriol, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Magnesium Carbonate, Diethylene Glycol, Trideceth-12, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, DMDM Hydantoin, Linalool.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

OMG this absolutely ruined my hair. I mean destroyed it. I’m not blaming the product but my own stupidity for using it because I know that as a rule my hair hates protein. Anyway I had bleached my hair a bit lighter a few weeks earlier and it felt slightly out of condition as it usually does after bleaching so I thought I’d use the Aphogee to sort it out. As soon as I started drying my hair after the 2 step treatment it was just snapping off in my hands. I am now left with tufts at the top of my head around my crown that look ridiculous and when its windy they stand up on end, its almost like a really short layer has been put in accros the top of my hair and each piece is about 2 inches long and the rest of my hair is quite long. It continued to snap and feel unbelieveably crunchy. I had to steam it and add salt to my conditioner to rid as much protein as I could, then used Matrix hydrasource deep conditioning mask as often as possible and its only just starting to almost resemble hair again (apart from the tufts making me look like a troll of course) I know this Aphogee works wonders for some people so the only advice I can give is if your hair doesnt like proteins, dont use this.

on 12/15/2017 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is not for afro textured hair. It will jack your hair up. You have been warned.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I read all the reviews first and thought "wow! This will fix my hair!" Wrong. After a disaster trying to go from dark to light my hair was fried. This product made it so much worse. The smell isn't as bad as some say but the product sucks. It is super challenging to get it to stay in your hair at first. After all this fuss my hair is now stringy and lifeless again. I cannot get a comb through it now. I will never recommend this. And yes, i did follow all directions.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've had this product used on my hair both in a professional salon setting and at home, and I never saw any great results from it. It would suck every ounce of moisture out of my hair. My hair would always look and feel very dry after this protein treatment would be used in it. It would make my hair worse, instead of making it better in any way! This stuff does nothing but jack up my hair to a whole other level! I honestly don't see how anybody likes this stuff at all!

on 6/27/2012 10:54:00 AM

My hair did NOT like this. My hair was in terrible condition after using Sebastian Cellophanes. I had lots of breakage and dryness from that so really needed a restorative treatment. Bought and applied this per instructions and my hair was not a smidge better. Maybe worse now! Still dry, frizzy and breaking off. Do not recommend.

on 3/16/2012 12:15:00 AM

I agree with others - this stuff smells like vomit. I left it on for a couple of minutes and couldn't wait to wash it out. Then, upon reading the packet of deep condish that came with it, the 5th ingredient on that label is "mineral oil." Are you kidding me?

I'll save my money for a higher end product that won't stink up my bathroom and hair. Malibu Wellness has a protein builder packet that is awesome; I'll be going back to that product.

So, I just used this treatment for the first time and I am sooo disappointed. I followed the directions perfectly, withstood the smell and just washed the moistuizer off, to find my hair WORSE than when I had started. I have been bleaching blonde for a year now and my hair is dry, dry, dry. I have been controlling it though with my redkin all soft mask and real control leave in. So I read reviews that were raving about this product and figured I would be sooo happy with healthy hair and that product would give me it! No such luck. After just now rinsing the moisturizing treatment, I am SHEDDING SO BAD. THERE IS HAIR ON MY KEYBOARD AS I TYPE.

BIGGEST WASTE OF 3$, I am SO GLAD I did'nt buy the bottles.

on 7/6/2010 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I started dying my hair about 5 years ago, at the age of 15, but the effects of the frequent dying never really caught up to me until this year. Even though I stopped dying it at the age of 17 and began only getting highlights every 6-8 weeks, my hair is now thin, straw-like, and breaks very easily at the ends. I tried all different kinds of shampoos, conditioners, leave-in treatments, but my hair remained the same. Then after reading so many wonderful reviews about this product, I decided to stop by Sally's Beauty Supply and purchase a small package of this product, intended for one-time usage.

I followed the instructions and utilized some of the tips that I read on these reviews. After 3 hours, I gently rinsed out the protein treatment and applied the conditioner, which I left on for 1 hour. After I rinsed that out, I used Aussie's 3 minute conditioner and waited for my hair to air dry.

My hair looked and felt exactly the same as it did before the treatment, but I didn't let it discourage me, because I read that it sometimes took a few days to see any improvement. Well here I am, one month later, and my hair is still exactly the same as it was before I applied the first step of the treatment.

I was extremely disappointed and have pretty much lost all hope in restoring my hair. I'm now looking into other, more expensive treatments, but I don't think anything can save my hair.

on 5/14/2010 1:24:00 AM

BAhhhh I'm sitting here with step 1 fully mixed as per instructions sitting in my hair and euuw it smells so bad like honey and vomit why did not one mention this smell it's appaling. I was about to slather it all over my hair but got to the smell and only managed the tips. I will update if results are wonderful otherwise I will never buy again it smells so bad. So bad. Why?
UPDATE: So I hate to say it but this did work for the half arsed application I managed to pull off despite the terrible smell. Upon the first wash of my hair afterwards, though my hair was back to it's normal dry nature. It seems a waste to go through all the smell and waiting for this product to dry/set and then washing it out for only a day of smooth soft hair. In that instance I could use Infusiums's Moisture-ologie Leave-in conditioner - even overnight with half the trouble and just as much or more pay off in conditioning. I'd recommend a pass on this one.

on 11/23/2009 8:08:00 AM

I am a hairstylist w/ over 20 yrs experience. I have never been more dissatisfied with a product than this. It did absolutely nothing to my hair. I have to say I don't understand what all the hoopla is about!