Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

Aphogee  Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)
The before(L)/after (R) of hair after AphogheeTwo-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

4.5

Hydrolyzed Collagen, Water (Aqua), Citric Acid, Dimethylol Urea, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylene Urea, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Phytantriol, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Magnesium Carbonate, Diethylene Glycol, Trideceth-12, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, DMDM Hydantoin, Linalool.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I read all the reviews first and thought "wow! This will fix my hair!" Wrong. After a disaster trying to go from dark to light my hair was fried. This product made it so much worse. The smell isn't as bad as some say but the product sucks. It is super challenging to get it to stay in your hair at first. After all this fuss my hair is now stringy and lifeless again. I cannot get a comb through it now. I will never recommend this. And yes, i did follow all directions.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've had this product used on my hair both in a professional salon setting and at home, and I never saw any great results from it. It would suck every ounce of moisture out of my hair. My hair would always look and feel very dry after this protein treatment would be used in it. It would make my hair worse, instead of making it better in any way! This stuff does nothing but jack up my hair to a whole other level! I honestly don't see how anybody likes this stuff at all!

on 6/27/2012 10:54:00 AM

My hair did NOT like this. My hair was in terrible condition after using Sebastian Cellophanes. I had lots of breakage and dryness from that so really needed a restorative treatment. Bought and applied this per instructions and my hair was not a smidge better. Maybe worse now! Still dry, frizzy and breaking off. Do not recommend.

on 3/16/2012 12:15:00 AM

I agree with others - this stuff smells like vomit. I left it on for a couple of minutes and couldn't wait to wash it out. Then, upon reading the packet of deep condish that came with it, the 5th ingredient on that label is "mineral oil." Are you kidding me?

I'll save my money for a higher end product that won't stink up my bathroom and hair. Malibu Wellness has a protein builder packet that is awesome; I'll be going back to that product.

So, I just used this treatment for the first time and I am sooo disappointed. I followed the directions perfectly, withstood the smell and just washed the moistuizer off, to find my hair WORSE than when I had started. I have been bleaching blonde for a year now and my hair is dry, dry, dry. I have been controlling it though with my redkin all soft mask and real control leave in. So I read reviews that were raving about this product and figured I would be sooo happy with healthy hair and that product would give me it! No such luck. After just now rinsing the moisturizing treatment, I am SHEDDING SO BAD. THERE IS HAIR ON MY KEYBOARD AS I TYPE.

BIGGEST WASTE OF 3$, I am SO GLAD I did'nt buy the bottles.

on 7/6/2010 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I started dying my hair about 5 years ago, at the age of 15, but the effects of the frequent dying never really caught up to me until this year. Even though I stopped dying it at the age of 17 and began only getting highlights every 6-8 weeks, my hair is now thin, straw-like, and breaks very easily at the ends. I tried all different kinds of shampoos, conditioners, leave-in treatments, but my hair remained the same. Then after reading so many wonderful reviews about this product, I decided to stop by Sally's Beauty Supply and purchase a small package of this product, intended for one-time usage.

I followed the instructions and utilized some of the tips that I read on these reviews. After 3 hours, I gently rinsed out the protein treatment and applied the conditioner, which I left on for 1 hour. After I rinsed that out, I used Aussie's 3 minute conditioner and waited for my hair to air dry.

My hair looked and felt exactly the same as it did before the treatment, but I didn't let it discourage me, because I read that it sometimes took a few days to see any improvement. Well here I am, one month later, and my hair is still exactly the same as it was before I applied the first step of the treatment.

I was extremely disappointed and have pretty much lost all hope in restoring my hair. I'm now looking into other, more expensive treatments, but I don't think anything can save my hair.

on 5/14/2010 1:24:00 AM

BAhhhh I'm sitting here with step 1 fully mixed as per instructions sitting in my hair and euuw it smells so bad like honey and vomit why did not one mention this smell it's appaling. I was about to slather it all over my hair but got to the smell and only managed the tips. I will update if results are wonderful otherwise I will never buy again it smells so bad. So bad. Why?
UPDATE: So I hate to say it but this did work for the half arsed application I managed to pull off despite the terrible smell. Upon the first wash of my hair afterwards, though my hair was back to it's normal dry nature. It seems a waste to go through all the smell and waiting for this product to dry/set and then washing it out for only a day of smooth soft hair. In that instance I could use Infusiums's Moisture-ologie Leave-in conditioner - even overnight with half the trouble and just as much or more pay off in conditioning. I'd recommend a pass on this one.

on 11/23/2009 8:08:00 AM

I am a hairstylist w/ over 20 yrs experience. I have never been more dissatisfied with a product than this. It did absolutely nothing to my hair. I have to say I don't understand what all the hoopla is about!

on 8/14/2013 1:10:00 AM

I used this yesterday and it actually seems to have made my hair worse =( Before anyone say's "oh, she must not have done it right..." TRUST ME I did. I'm a former cosmetology student, so I know what I am doing.

I washed my hair, (it wasn't dripping wet, but damp like the package said) I put it through my hair and used a wide tooth comb to help evenly distribute it. Then, I waited. I had my bf blow dry my hair for me (that was kind of funny actually) because I was kind of too afraid to move (I didn't want my hair to break off lol) After he blow dried it and it was hard as a rock, I went in the shower (luke warm water) and I just "let it" come out on its own as I stood under the water. After that I applied the moisturizing conditioner that your supposed to, and I waited about 3-4 min, then rinsed. I knew from previous reviews that I should follow up with a deep moisturizing conditioning treatment/hair mask and that's what I did.I let that sit on for an additional 5-6 min. After rinsing that out, I let it air dry (applied the very tiniest bit of virgin coconut oil to my hair) and I have to say, I'm not impressed =(

It's disappointing really. I have more breakage after and the weirdest thing is, that my ends (which were always the super damaged part of my hair) are nice and very soft...BUT from my roots to mid hair, it feels alot rougher( not in a good or healthy way) and there is breakage that I've never noticed before, including and especially at my roots =( Little tiny breaking hairs ALL OVER the top of my head (looks like I have some major frizzy fly-always) which I've NEVER had before. I just don't understand what went wrong. I had such high hopes, and now my hair is even more damaged then it was before (which was plenty.)

P.S I can understand how people would assume it was because of a moisture deficiency instead of protein that caused all this damage...HOWEVER I was told by the lady at Sally's and my friend who is a Hairdresser (who personally had recommended this product) that it was a protein deficiency (which at the time made sense,since I have become a vegetarian.)

on 6/18/2012 11:10:00 PM

So I bought this solely off of the reviews..which seem great. Left it on my hair and blow-dried it until it was pretty solid. Rinsed it out and then used the deep conditioner it came with for about half and hour. I noticed no difference in my hair. It seemed dryer. A few days later my hair is breaking off even worse and I'm losing tons of hair!! Every time I brush it clumps fall out!! The only thing I tried was this so it must have had a bad effect on my hair. Any suggestions on how to fix this please let me know :(