Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

Filtered by age: 44-55
Aphogee  Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)
The before(L)/after (R) of hair after AphogheeTwo-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

3.9

Hydrolyzed Collagen, Water (Aqua), Citric Acid, Dimethylol Urea, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylene Urea, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Phytantriol, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Magnesium Carbonate, Diethylene Glycol, Trideceth-12, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, DMDM Hydantoin, Linalool.

on 10/19/2017 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As I've found with all Aphogee products they are outstanding! This along with their other products have brought my dry over processed hair back to life. Have used this twice now and can't say enough good about it. Price is very affordable and results are fantastic. I will never use anything but Aphogee products on my hair from now on!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have not yet used and need some help. I got hair done at salon and was bleached in 6 applications one day and then another application one week later period 3 weeks after that I went to the spa and she said instead of doing the roots that I should actually get a perm because she didn't want to perm it after she did another dose of color to do my roots. Well Kama it almost fell out altogether. I lost a lot of hair. Now it is all Gummy around the crowd only. Everywhere else and even when the ground dries, it is very very hard and stiff and breaks. I went and got a Redken shot at my local salon and then I bought the entire extreme line including the shots so I can do all this at home. I also purchased this. I have only had one Redken shot so far but I'm kind of scared to use this product. I'm afraid to use it because I have begun using the Redken extreme line for 1 secondly the lower half of my hair isn't that damaged period not like the top. Should I do this product only on the crown of my head head where the most damage is? Any help would be appreciated. The Stylist that I went to I need to add told me that I don't need any of this stuff. I just don't see how that's possible because my hair is completely gone and takes 8 or 9 hours to drive around my head and is the most damaged I've ever seen it in my life

on 6/18/2015 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I finally had to give in and buy Aphogee because I was spending lots on money on masks, oils, treatments, leave-ins etc etc, tons of trips to Sally's trying to find a solution for my beat up hair . I was really afraid to try this because people make it sound something out of a scary movie, I read tons on reviews and followed the instructions to a T, in my experience the smell was pretty offensive and the product was really runny, in the advise of another Muaer I put step 1 in a spray bottle (which towards the end the liquid foamed up inside the spray bottle and became super sticky, very hard to apply) and used a trash bag as a shirt. Left it on for one hour and blasted on a off with my blow drier, the most damaged parts (bangs, tips of hair on the back) took the longest to dry, I jumped in the shower and let the warm water wash the product out for 3-5 minutes until the hair softened up, put step #2, massaged and let it sit for about 5 minutes, rinsed and used Aussie 3 minute miracle but I found out that just the Aphogee conditioner would have been enough. In the shower I saw that my hair still looked and felt mushy and stringy but it dried out soft and shiny and it wasn't sticking to my arms/skin, today it looks healthy, a lot less frizzy, feels a little stronger and I got my wavy hair back (I airdried it) is not a total fix, I would say that it improved the look of my hair about 80%, it doesn't look fried anymore but I still don't feel confident to wear it down or heat style it, for hair damaged from bleach and toners like mine the only solution is a haircut, which I don't want, will do a second treatment in 6 weeks, someone mentioned that it took her hair four treatments to have her damaged bleached hair back to normal, so I have a very long journey of about six months ahead, will continue updating.
Update: One week later and hair still spongy in the shower but is not stretchy, dries out faster and got more waves, it's a little on the dry side as I anticipated, will continue with moisture treatments. Three weeks later and my hair feels like a need a treatment already but I don't have zig zaggy, crunchy, funky ends and I was able to keep my length, I don't even need a trim yet, I blew dried my hair but I still don't think my hair is ready for that, still takes a long time to dry and has that weird texture that bleached hair has after the shower, from root to shoulders looks repaired, the ends still look sad.
UPDATE: 6 weeks later and did my second treatment, this time I bought it directly from Sally's and it had no horrible smell at all, will never buy it from Ebay again, that stuff was rancid and probably expired, application this time was much easier, the product wasn't so sticky and I was able to apply it a lot easier, added water to my spray bottle and the product worked out a lot better, blew dried my hair and to my surprise it got crunchy and dry in 25-30 minutes (last application even after one hour my hair was still damp) air dried outside the rest of the time because it was 100F, ended leaving it on for one hour and a half, after I washed out the product I could see that my hair strands didn't have that weird S texture and that the strands were not attaching to each other, a true miracle considering that I have been battling with that since February, used their conditioner with a little bit of Blonde Brilliance warm toned conditioner and it made my hair soft like silk, after the shower my hair looked brand new, no more zig zaggy pattern, my hair wasn't sticking to my arms/skin anymore, air dried in only a couple of hours, don't see a wave pattern this time but my hair looks like it had never touched bleach, I feel like I can heat style my hair again! This could be my last treatment.
Edit: I had a little set back, I had to dye my hair because this treatment made my blonde the color of pee, I had to put some ash back in it and my hair feels extremely soft, like when you have damage and hair feels slimy and soft when wet, I only left the color for 25 minutes. I stopped using protein masks because at this point my hair has enough protein, I started with moisture masks and my hair has a ton of wave and volume again.
October: my hair was getting so crazy tangled that I would wake up with giant mats even though I sleep with a satin bonnet, no detangler or deep conditioner, masks were helping either, when your bleached hair does that is because it needs protein so I decided to go to Sally's and do a treatment, I put on a homemade plastic bib and applied it on towel dried hair, dried it with the blow dryer and it was almost dry in 20 minutes, left it on for one hour and 20 minutes, left the moisturizing conditioner for another hour and my hair came out silky and shiny, like virgin hair

on 3/30/2015 9:49:00 AM

I bought the moisturizing bottle (purple) at a large beauty store by itself as its available that way......'EH'. Not bad, not good. That's my take.

(Two years of experimenting with bleach/colors/after treatments!)

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Three things:

1] Have a fan on in the bathroom or wherever you're doing this treatment as it STINKS;

2] Step One should be done with your head over a sink or bathtub as it's watery and runny.

3] Invest in a hard-shell/hard hat hair dryer. Your arms will thank you for it!

Having said that, this product helped me get my bleached out hair almost back to normal. I followed the directions and the reviews here on Makeup Alley and within an hour or so, I had happy hair again!

on 12/27/2012 6:02:00 PM

I used this about a year ago and though I liked it the first time I tried it, I didn't use it again until just now. And I love it! Why didn't I use it until now? Because I had read so much about protein overload I was afraid to. My hair is weak, dry, naturally frizzy, and brittle and I have to be honest with you....I am still confused as to how to determine whether hair needs protein or moisture. So, I cut out the protein and concentrated on moisturizing. My hair remained dry, brittle, and frizzy. (My hair is colour-treated). So I saw the Aphogee 2 Step in my cupboard and decided to try it again and I'm glad that I did! I followed the directions exactly except that after rinsing it out, I lightly shampooed and then followed with the Aphogee balancing moisturizer. After rinsing that out my hair still felt dry so I grabbed some Suave Shea Butter conditioner (bought as a cheapie for the kids) and wow! My hair feels and looks great! It actually feels healthier and stronger. I think it helped using a shampoo after rinsing and using another conditioner after the Aphogee moisturizer because the Aphogee one does not take out tangles or make hair very soft. I will definitely use this again. Turns out that it is great for soccer moms as well! ;-)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

AMAZING!!! This is the best hairproduct I have ever used!
My hair is very fine and I have mishandled it quite a bit: I colour it every 5 weeks, blowdry it, heatstyle it.. As a result it became very dry and frizzy. I have tried everything to make it better but nothing has ever worked for more than a day. I have spend so much money on my hair, it's crazy. But Aphogee two step Treatment has actually transformed my hair. Doing the treatment was drag, drying it took forever, even with my fine hair. But the result is amazing. I can't remember ever having silky hair before. My hair has always been dry, even when I didn't colour or heatstyle it. (But that was in the eighties and having dry frizzy hair was OK back then, those were the days..). But thanks to Aphogee I now have very soft and silky hair!

on 3/16/2012 12:15:00 AM

I agree with others - this stuff smells like vomit. I left it on for a couple of minutes and couldn't wait to wash it out. Then, upon reading the packet of deep condish that came with it, the 5th ingredient on that label is "mineral oil." Are you kidding me?

I'll save my money for a higher end product that won't stink up my bathroom and hair. Malibu Wellness has a protein builder packet that is awesome; I'll be going back to that product.

on 3/3/2012 5:00:00 PM

Wow! All the other reviewers who raved about this product were so right. I don't even recognize my own hair today after using this for the first time ever. Soft, smooth-looking hair. I didn't realize what a damaged mess my fine, thin hair was from over-bleached hi-lights. I have found a new hairdresser and a new HG hair product: Aphogee Two-Step. **Thanks to the Hair Board for recommending this product as well as all those experts who wrote detailed reviews of it.

on 11/16/2011 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I had completely forgotten about this product until I was reviewing MUA for information on another item. I have used this in the past after having a disastrous relaxer applied by a "professional" who then suggested some HIGHLIGHTS!!!!

Needless to say...my hair broke off in clumps. I was so very upset and angry that I didn't even bother going back. I went to Sally's looking for some kind of moisturizer and the lady there suggested I try this in a little package. My hair at the time was just below my shoulders and incredibly thick so I bought two (glad I did). While it did not stop me from having to cut my hair to get rid of the damaged areas...I was able to do it over time instead of having to get a crew cut. I now use the 2 minute reconstructor the week before my relaxer and on the day of my relaxer with very good results. Aphogee restorative treatments saved my hair!