Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Foundation

Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Foundation

3.4

on 11/13/2017 2:28:00 PM

Dealing with acne isn't new, but compounded with the rapidly approaching middle age - eeek. Finding a foundation that doesn't have dimethicone, break me out, or age me, is nearly impossible! This foundation is as close as it gets. No concern over dubious chemicals, it covers while not making my skin any worse. Available in a ton of shades, I use multiple daily. A quick spritz of hydrating mist helps to down-play any chalkiness. Not gonna lie, the container is a mess-maker.

on 11/7/2017 6:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I’ve been using this about 2 weeks now and so far so good. Usually when I switch foundations especially powder ones I will get a short time of itching or redness, I experienced none of that with this foundation. Coverage is light to barely medium at best and slightly dewy. I have not had a single breakout with this, my skin is looking a touch more dry but the weather has also starting getting colder so it’s not unusual for me to get dry spots now. I love the fact that the packaging closes to block the holes in the jar and prevents a mess, so convenient. I bought the beautiful finish brush to apply with and I find it very easy to use with the foundation. I use the swirl, tap, apply in circles method they they recommend. It’s super easy and I have no issues with over applying. I did not try it with any other brush so not sure how compatible it is with anything else. I did fall asleep with this on already, a guaranteed break out for me usually and miraculously I didn’t have a single breakout. Seems to work perfectly for me, my only wish is that I didn’t get that bit of dryness on my forehead and a little more coverage but a 4.5/5 and would repurchase. Definitely my fav powder foundation so far!

on 5/17/2017 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have Golden Fair in this formula. It's a little too yellow for my neutral skin, but Fair is too pink and Fairly Light is Actually Dark.

For reference, I have normal-oily skin, and I don't wear foundation primer.

While the BareMinerals Original Foundation boasts 30 shades, that is where the positive qualities end. At least, for me.

I know what you're going to say: Wear primer! Try the matte formula! No thanks, and I already have.

Honestly, I think the mineral makeup trend is *almost* dead for now.

Pros:
- A wide range of shades.
- SPF 15
- Not obscenely expensive.

Cons:
- Will turn into a cakey puddle within three hours of wear. (At least, if you have oily skin.)
- There are plenty of other mineral foundations with better ingredients. Count me impressed when they reformulate without bismuth oxychloride.
- Although it isn't expensive, it's still not worth the price ($28.50 as of 2017.)

I have combination oily and acne prone skin. I bought this a few months ago, and I have had mixed results. I always use a little spot concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes before applying this foundation.

So I hate this foundation alone. I had been applying it with a flat-top buffing brush because that's how I apply all powder foundations. It would get cakey fast, would settle into all lines in my face, and had no staying power once any oil started coming through. Not a cute look. So it sat unused for awhile as I considered returning it.

I recently discovered if I apply this with a fluffy powder brush and then put a mattifying powder on top it actually lasts really well and keeps any cakiness or breaking down to a minimum. The mattifying powder I use is the Maybelline Superstay Better Skin pressed powder in porcelain.

This combo had worked surprisingly well for me. My skin doesn't get insanely oily by half way through the day and the foundation isn't a hot mess (which is the usual for me).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really love the twist seal packaging! the price is a little pricey so I'll definitely be looking for dupes. my color is in medium beige and it is a perfect match for olive skin. I love the way it makes my skin look and it covers redness very well but I still need a good cream under eye concealer for my dark circles . I've been using this product for about 3 years and it makes my skin itch a little, It's bearable but annoying so I find if I put the mineral veil on first and then the foundation on top that it helps with the itch. doesn't break me out , I will be repurchasing until I found a cheaper alternative that works just as good

on 5/17/2017 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I wear bare minerals matte powder in Light for most of the autumn/winter months.

It's a staple long wearing, comfortable foundation which soaks up excess oil in my skin without clogging. I really trust this foundation to give me good, buildable coverage without causing breakouts. Phew!

I wear this as a makeup base in most of my videos- I am NOT adventurous with foundation and base makeup as I have to be really careful.

Search Ayish Zone on YouTube x

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a not so natural mineral powder foundation. Filled with skin-irritating content making acne-prone skin to break out. It looks either dry or shiny on my skin. Reading the extensive contents list this is no suprise- the contents of a mineral powder shall be kept to a minimum. I use and recommend Pür Minerals makeup. This is safe to use even after professional skin treatments including DermaPen.

on 8/27/2016 11:53:00 AM

I like this a lot. I got matched with medium beige at Bare Escentuals. I have dry skin so I bought in original formula. If you have dry skin prep your skin very well and prime first than used the mineral powder and I also used mineral vail in press to set this. This last on me all day. I don't have allergy rash from this like liquid foundations does.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using BM EVERYTHING for over 15 years. I have never experienced a breakout or any kind of skin irritation from it EVER. I see a lot of negative reviews about it having bad ingredients but I think that is relative. Not all people are going to react the same to every product.

I will say this. Give this foundation a good chance before you write it off. The first couple of times I used it, I simply used too much and it was horrendous. As I lightened up my application, I saw what everybody was talking about. If you are oily, use the Mineral Veil. Minimize what you put on your face before application. Imagine it like this, you put all this product on your face then you put powder on it....it's going to soak it up and then your face will look oily. I use moisturizer. Period. No primer. No serums.

This look is simple and glowy. There is a reason it keeps winning awards. It's wonderful especially for aging skin. I've worn it since my late 20's, my mother wears it and she's 65 and I am about to get my daughter set up with a starter kit. If you have "problem" skin, give it a chance. It can actually help your skin.

on 9/9/2016 1:20:00 AM

luminescent used to have a nice glow....sheseido ruined things when they bought ...it because to be to much better! I sware it separates after a few hours, looks fake and just lays aweful!