Iman Second To None Luminous Foundation

Iman Second To None Luminous Foundation

3.7

on 2/11/2018 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I use this to bump up coverage with my liquid/cream foundation or on its own for a simple “go and glow” look. It gives me a very finished look which I like. Good value for money too.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

What can I say other than I love the stuff. I purchased similar products from her Sephora.

Perfect deep yellow undertone with a bit of brick red. I wear along with the Foundation sticks. Survives all day long. When I come home out night its still positively glowing. Ive even had guys compliment me on how pretty makeup. One compact last me a year.

Also add is a bit more bronzer down the center of face& cheekbones, BenNye Banana undereyes, and contour. Always a winner for me.

Only thing I would add is a better compact. I've had to repress one that fell on the tile floor. Nothing a few drops of alcohol, piece of plastic, and a plastic cup couldn't fix.

Dark bronze brown: DDD w/yellow and red undertones MAC NW45ish, Black Opal Nutmeg, Iman Earth 1;

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I purchased this in sand 3 although i was matched in sand 4 in the stick foundation and when I intially tried this on in the car i was skeptical it appeared too orange tinted on me sand 4 in the stick is slightly too dark on my cheeks but matches my forehead pretty well. When i got home i applied again on clean well moisturized skin I initially used my beauty blender but found you get a better application if you spray a little mac fix it or similar face spray into the compact and apply. I started with a beauty blender but switched to my sephora foundation kabuki brush. And buffed it in. After that i set with either Iman medium light sand pressed powder or kryolan in yellow loose powder it looks very nice with no photo flash back and held up in humid weather on my combo skin. Would i buy this again yes, its easy to travel with and wears well. Not as expensive as my high end department store products but not as cheap as drug store products performance is pretty good. Sand 3 on me looks like pecan in ben nye hd foundation. Its a good color that matches with no demarcation on my neck and doesn't look ashy on my forehead. Be sure you moisturize well and wet the actual product and buff in! Don't stipple!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I bought this foundation, for the first time, about 2-3 months ago or so. It matched my skin VERY well; I'm a Clay 2. I was intimidated at first, but then I learned how to use it.

The product can be used dry, with a brush (I use a Sigma F82 round kabuki, or the Bare Escentuals Feather Light brush), or wet, preferable, with a beauty blender sponge. I didn't notice a scent to the product. You have the option to build up coverage. The texture of the powder is very smooth; you can tell it was finely milled.

I love that it gives great coverage, almost instantly, and it goes on effortlessly. You can barely feel that it's on your face, which is FANTASTIC!

Now...there is a reason why this foundation is called "Luminous". As you apply the foundation, you can see fine bits of golden shimmer in the powder (especially in Sand 4 & Clay 3); this is supposed to give the "natural glow" that the product description hints towards. As someone with extremely oily skin, the last thing I want to do is put my natural shininess front-and-center; I like a matte look. To reduce the hints of golden shimmer, I would use a colored setting powder (like, YoungBlood's setting powder in Dark, or Ben Nye's Luxury Powder in Camel, etc. DON'T use a white translucent powder). Poof! Just like that, the "glow" transforms from a disco ball to a light radiance. I wish the foundation had no shimmer AT ALL, then it would be perfect.

TIPS:
1. Use a light hand with this product. Slowly build up, if needed.
2. Synthetic fiber brushes are the best brushes, I've found, to apply this foundation well.
3. If you're intimidated to wear this as a full-on foundation, then it makes a great highlighter.
4. This foundation is probably best for the summer, if you want to have that sun-kissed type of glow.
5. If you have dry skin, or combo skin, I recommend, first, gently pushing the powder into your skin with a brush, and then lightly blend it out; DON'T BUFF IT!
6. BEWARE if you have a lot of acne. This foundation will put them on display.

That's how you use this product. I hope I helped someone out there who might have been second guessing this foundation.

Happy shopping!

on 2/14/2013 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This product is by far the most AMAZING foundation that I have ever tried. I've made numerous attempts with different MAC foundations. I decided to give IMAN a try starting off with the cream to powder, loved the color match on my complexion but felt it was too full coverage. I then tried the pressed powder but it didn't provide enough coverage to wear alone. Fortunately came across a YouTube video with two sisters comparing it to MAC Mineralizer Skin Finish. Which was a product I'd tried unsuccessfully in my quest for finding a foundation. So I decided to give IMAN Luminious Foundation in Earth 2 a try. This was indeed a perfect match and provided enough buildable coverage. I DO NOT apply this foundation wet with the sponge! Instead I spray my Urban Decay Chill setting spray to a kabuki brush and dip it in the Luminious foundation then on to my skin. Once my face is complete with eye shadow, blush, mascara and all I top it off with my Urban Decay Chill setting spray. The result is absolutely flawess natural looking skin. I have never been happier with a foundation. Jumping for Joy!!! Such a beautiful glow there is no need for a bronzer!!!!

on 11/25/2012 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

So, I purchased this product after looking up a bunch of reviews online. I didn't see any negative ones so I decided to give it a try. I have been using Black Opal liquid foundation for some time and wanted to try something different, although I didn't find anything wrong with the black opal foundation to begin with. So after spending $18 plus tax on this product I was expecting something grand lol $18 compared to my $9 w/ black opal was a stretch for me. The packaging wasn't bad and I liked the idea of the foundation having the option to be wet or dry. I tried both and both sucked. I got my correct shade according to the color match found on the iman site but the foundation made me look so damn red, dark and dry. Like the other reviewers stated it really accentuated any flaws you may have and it also added some. Even with the "wet" option it still came out the same. I have combination skin but this product completely turned my face very dry. I DO NOT recommend this product. I'm upset I spent $18+ on something I cannot return lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this product online since someone on youtube (i wont name names) compared it to MAC studo fix. This couldnt be farther from the truth.
Eventho i bought it online for 20CAD, the color matched me well. However, I cannot imagine leaving the house with this craptastic discoball powder on my face. It literally has no-so-finely milled glitters. DISGUSTING! It will accentuate each and every flaw on your skin.
I feel bad throwing products out so it just sits in my drawer. I do sometimes use it as a browbone highlight.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Not a fan of the Iman's luminizing products - they are too glittery and gold/yellow for my cocoa brown complexion, but this compact (earth3) somehow stayed in my makeup bin. Recently I tried using it as hi-light and it works very nicely for that. A sweep on the top of cheekbones/under eye is little more subtle than my fave Cargo bronzer. Now I'm getting my brown girl Kardashian face on.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Gonna have to toss this one! I tried it with all of my foundations and every single time, it's left little bumps on my cheeks as well as around my chin area. The shimmer is too much and that's probably what's causing the bumps. I really wanted to like this but apparently, it doesn't like me, so in la garbagio it goes!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I find you get oily after a few hours if not set properly. I tried Iman's powder but no luck. So I switched,I've been using Black Opal's transulcent powder to set and no more greasy face.