Bath and Body Works Sea Island Cotton

Bath and Body Works Sea Island Cotton

3.8

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I have the travel size of this lotion. It makes a good hand lotion I can carry in my purse. The price is good if you get it on the 3 for $12 sale with the other 2 travel size products in the set (spray and gel). It's pretty moisturizing and has a decent scent. It's a little strong for my taste, though, especially since I tend to use it on my hands throughout the day. I would most likely purchase it again.

on 9/3/2015 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like Sea island cotton smells soo fresh I tried other lotions and scents but my favorite scent is definitely Sea Island cotton which reminds me of clean and fresh air! on a hot summer day! BBW should keep selling this amazing scent!

To Read all 45 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/13/2015 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this scent. It smells so fresh and clean and it puts me in a good mood. Love it, will always repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My parents bought me this as a Christmas gift, so I didn't buy this for myself. They know that I love floral and ocean smelling scents, so this is probably why I was given this. I also got the body spray and the Sweet Pea lotion which is already used up now, but I'll get into those with a separate review.

It's very unlike BBW's usual scents, or at least the scents they have now. I'm thirteen, and I don't get into fruity smells much. I honestly don't want to go around, smelling like a mango or candy (and you know which scents I'm talking about). Yes, they're trying to aim those types to girls in my demographic, but I'm odd and don't want that. This smells clean. Like you're near the ocean, lying in a field of cotton.

...Or at first whiff, anyway. Then, it starts getting a synthetic smell to it. It's not as bad as the synthetic, plastic smell you get in Warm Vanilla Sugar, however it doesn't smell so natural. It's still not that bad that I don't wear it though. People don't smell it anyway after a while, anyway.

This scent is nowhere near as good as Cotton Blossom, IMO. Cotton Blossom is clean, cozy, and comforting, and I'm glad I picked some up cheap at the SAS. On the other hand, when I sniff Sea Island Cotton, I get an underlying note of something "off"--------something slightly funky. It smells like the cotton plants are just beginning to rot.

on 2/13/2013 12:49:00 AM

Those who say that this smells like laundry detergent, I do not disagree. However, I do think that "laundry detergent" would be a reference too harsh. Sea island cotton smells very clean, soapy and crisp. It does smell like clothes freshly out of laundry. It is a very comforting scent I believe, and I wear it when I don't wish to wear anything complicated or too perfume-y, its a refreshing change from the generic fruity-florals. The lotion itself is fairly hydrating and the fragrance lasts for a decent time. Definitely worth a try!

on 10/17/2012 8:41:00 AM

i got this lotion from a friend of mine who came back from the US, and i loved it the instant i had the chance to smell it. it smells really musky and homey, it just smells so welcoming! i don't know after wearing this i've gotten lots of compliments about how i smell which is a very good sign :) hehe i love this lotion and will definitely be getting seconds!

on 8/29/2012 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Sea Island Cotton..First off, the name is beautiful. Whoever picked this name did a good job of painting a picture of a romantic calm island.
Now the smell...It smells like detergent if you are into that. I think the detergent smell is pretty good. lol. It smells really soapy and clean.
It is definitely not the best scent from BBW in my opinion but I'm sure maybe some of you would disagree, which is fine with me.
I usually use this lotion when I don't want to put on anything too sweet/candy like.

One of my favorite BBW scents. When it's combined with the shower gel you can literally smell it on your skin all day long! It's definitely not an offensive smell, sort of like taking clothes out of the dryer or stepping out of the shower. It's not strong or sweet, but rather comfy and fresh, plus it's a great skin moisturizer, the consistency is just right.

on 6/5/2012 9:35:00 PM

It's a very fresh, clean scent.... but not like you were just rolling around in Tide. I love the smell, especially the body scrub in this scent. It's very addiction and makes you feel at ease. I'd suggest it to anyone.