TheBalm BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer

4.2

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE (7.5), OCTISALATE (3.0) ,AVOBENZONE (3.0)INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA), CETEARYL ALCOHOL,ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, CETYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE,HEXYL LAURATE, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER/ISOHEXADECANE/POLYSORBATE 60, STYRENE/DVB CROSSPOLYMER, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

I really like it. It's a tinted moisturizer, so not much coverage. But that makes finding a shade match easier. It's perfect for no fuss work makeup. Idk how else to explain it, but it makes my skin happy.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this tinted moisturizer. And the more I use it the more I'm falling in love with it. Fortunately I don't really have any spots or anything that needs full coverage. My skin has become drier over the last few years and this tm is very moisturizing (mind you, I always use another moisturizer under fdn or tm anyway). The coverage is not too sheer. And I can spread this tm with my hands. No need for brush or sponge. What I've discovered recently, I can use it under my eyes and it doesn't crease! It's the only product I found that doesn't crease. Normally I don't put fdn or tm under my eyes just concealer. But I tried it and I can use two layers of it and maybe I'll put a teeny tiny bit of concealer in the inner corner of my eyes (Inglot undereye concealer) and it won't crease the whole day. I set this tm with powder (Chanel loose or MAC Careblend) and with Fix+ and it stays the whole day. I use Light for my C1 skin. It's a teeny tiny bit too dark, but I don't mind, because if I use the right shade I often look like a ghost. So I just bronze up my neck. I also love that it has spf.

I'm not big on foundations, especially not full coverage liquid..I'm more of a TM, BB/CC, luminous look coverage... even loose or compact powder foundations such as Bobbi Brown or Lancome. With that being said, I really love this tinted moisturizer from Thebalm...It's medium coverage on me, and with a spray of rosewater to set, it lasts a good 5-6 hours before I need an oil blotter. It doesn't oxidize or separate like alot of TM's do at times. The shade light/medium matches my NC 20ish combo skin perfectly. The tube is huge, and for $25 you get a generous amount. I'm a huge fan of all Thebalm products, and this is no exception.

I apply this in the shade light quite liberally every day. The shade itself is a tad too dark for my pasty face, but that's barely noticeable due to the sheerness of the formula.
This isn't greasy at all, and it quickly absorbs to give a blurred natural matte finish. It isn't specifically for people with combo/oily/acne prone skin, but not once has it broken me out or slid off my face halfway through the day.
My only issue is how pricey it is. But I've already bought another in Lighter Than Light.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
-Large amount of product in packaging
-Provides SPF protection
-Doesn't settle into dry skin patches or fine lines
-Feels like you're not wearing makeup

Cons:
-Not enough coverage (even for a tinted moisturizer)
-Formula is very watery and can get real messy, real fast

I think this product most closely resembles UD's Naked One & Done tinted moisturizer. They are very similar in finish. I prefer the UD tinted moisturizer over this, simply because it offers more SPF and heavier coverage.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Have noticed lately that many of "The Balm" products have been marked down. This is good for me but I wonder why this is happening because The Balm makes excellent products; everything I have used from this line I have loved. Anyway, I am NW20, very cool toned skin, and I got this in "Light". I would say that the Light is very neutral, because many "Light" products go very yellow on me and this didn't. It is a beautiful, light finish that looks natural. Since I have gotten older, I prefer to use BB creams or Tinted moisturizers so as to avoid adding any more texture to my skin. The finish on this is really nice, and it evens out my skin tone without adding any texture.. I tend to have oily skin with a few dry patches and this did not make me oilier, nor was it very moisturizing, but love that it has SPF. The tube is bigger than average so you get lots of product for your money, and like all of The Balm's packaging, it is very cute and well done. Highly recommend!

To be honest I don't know if this product really moisturizing but the color is great. The color blends perfectly and not chalky to skin, the result after use this is the skin look more fresh and actually more soft. Sadly its a little bit hard to remove and smells a little weird.

Packaging is fine.

The best impulse buy I have ever made. A perfect tinted moisturizer. I like it better than Laura Mercier, Miracle Skin Transformer, Nars and a slew of others. The perfect amount of (light) coverage. Improves the look of skin but you can't tell I'm wearing a thing. Not a lot of color choices, but it blends in so it doesn't matter much. I have light/medium golden skin tone and wear the light/medium. Perfect!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I have wanted a product with light coverage as I have no scars, just a bit of redness under my nose. I also have oily skin which made it a bit difficult to find a tinted moisturiser with not too many harsh chemicals. I read that The Balm tinted moisturiser was good so I decided to give it a go. I use the colour light/medium for my asian skin. I can say that it doesn't make my skin oily at all and provides a nice light coverage for everyday. I buy this from David Jones as they often have 30-40% off The Balm products.

Love love love this tinted moisturizer. I'm only kicking myself in the butt right now because I'm not sure which shade I have and it's not written anywhere on the tube!!! I think I have it in Medium or Medium Dark. I'll have to go to Kohl's with and match it with the testers.

The color happens to be PERFECT for me and it blends in like a dream. Even though it's only a tinted moisturizer, I find the coverage to be just fine for a normal day at work. It gives me a natural look, evens my skin tone, and hides redness.

I love the built in SPF and the large size of the tube. I can apply a generous amount without feeling guilty and it ensures a liberal enough application to benefit fully from the SPF 18. It does smell distinctly (but lightly) of sunscreen, but I really don't mind it at all. I would even bring this to the beach to reapply sunscreen on my face!