Everyday Minerals Swimming Pool

4.6

Not tested on animals

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

A very light brown with a hint of pink that provided a very sheer and natural everyday colour which worked OK with my cool-toned skin. Not sure that I would buy it again though.

When i first got the blush, i was a little scared..the colour looked more like a bronzer but i tried it and i find myself reaching for this almost everytime i want to go for a very natural look.
It gives a healthy subtle tinge of brownish pink on the cheeks and if applied more it can be used to contour the face.

I absolutely love this shade and I wear it every single day. It provides a very healthy, natural look. Here's what I do to get the best result from this product:

I take my Everyday Minerals Base (for me it's Olive Golden Medium in Original Glow or Intensive-depending on the season) and I mix a small amount of Everyday Bronzer into it. After I've blended that together I apply it to my face wet-style, meaning that I apply it with a wet sponge and blend it into my face until I get a porcelin look. I love the result way better than the old dry application method I had always used. The look you get applying it wet-style is truly flawless.

Then...with a contour brush apply SWIMMING POOL onto cheeks and lightly onto the forehead and chin. Layer until you get the desired look. It's hard to overdo it with this blush, which is one of the reasons I love it.

The result is a gorgeous, youthful glow that looks like it's coming from the inside out.

This product also looks wonderful with a soft layer of Everyday Bronzer applied on top of it.

If looking healthy, natural, and radiant is your thing, you really want this blush!

I have fallen in love with Swimming Pool. It is a nice, rose petal pink color on my light, yellow-toned skin. SP gives me a great look at work. Today, I dabbed just a little bit of it on top of Nick Nack for a nice glow.

I LOVE this blush!! I've been using MAC's Prism for quite some years now as it has been my HG blush. But now...this blush is definitely my HG!! The color is very similar, in fact I think they're pretty much the same pigment. The only difference is that this blush is cheaper and it lasts on my face much longer. AND it doesn't contain talc, which is an extra plus :) The blush color is natural and gives me that healthy color on my cheeks. For reference, I am Sandy Medium in EDM foundation.

I agree with the other reviewers, this is nothing like described on EMs webpage, but I still love it! I don't use this as a blush, but as a bronzer and it works wonderfully. I have PPP skin (EMs fairly light) and it gives me a beautiful sunkissed look that is more natural than most bronzers I've tried. I love the fact that it's mineralmakeup and can be use all over without clogging my pores. The color is darker than Soft Bronzer, but lighter than the Everyday Bronzer so for me it's perfect. Will definately repurchase a full size as I got this as a part of my free sample kit. A new HG for me !

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this in full size and I was quite disappointed on how the color showed on me was not flattering - Light Olive/with yellowish tone (NC20). I love EDM blushes and I still keep using it for over-all face color to perk-me up in the morning.

A color which I describe as muted brownish red-mauve but it appears to be dull when apply it alone and can be ashy brown look when apply to much on the cheeks. As suggested you can apply as a contour blush and all over face color and it looks great when apply on the lips!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I can't wait until Everyday Minerals witches back to showing the REAL product and not just the color swatches because this color is much darker than on their website and have more brown in it than one would expect.

I really like it, but I've been mixing in some of the Light Pink shade (as that shade is too light for me) and trying to get a nice, light pinkish/brown shade that's not TOO light. I prefer Apple, however. I got this with the intention of getting a lighter, natural looking pink shade. I might try Soft Touch next but I would love to try Siesta.

I was extremely surprised to see this color when I first got it because I was expecting a pinky mauve as described on the EM Website--like a light version of Plum Dust. I even emailed one of you MUAers to make sure I had gotten the right color, lol!
It turns out that Swimming Pool is more of a brown-toned pinky-peach instead with a matte finish although I do notice a little bit of a sheen when applied. It's not quite as warm and light as Weekend Getaway, but is in the same color family (on me, anyway). Because of this color's brown tones, this does make a good summer blush as it imparts a sunkissed, almost bronzer look--but with some color.
Also note that when I was trying to find the mauve tones, I wanted to see what this color looked like wet: it did turn quite a bit darker and I could sort of see some mauve in it although, to me, it still had the rich earthier tones. I also noticed a very light pink sheen as an overtone to it. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I adore this blush! I've long since learned to disregard the swatches on the everyday minerals website, so far, NONE of the swatches for the colors I've picked resembled the colors they were representing in real life. Consequently, I just randomly pick a color and hope it works. This one was picked in just such a manner and I was floored when I actually received it. It is darker than the swatch; a sort of peachy mauve with some tan that looks absolutely gorgeous. It is hard to describe, and my description doesn't do it justice, but I loved the way it looked when I brushed it on. Like the rest of EM's blushes, this one is highly pigmented, so you need to use only a little and apply it with a light hand. Also like the rest of the EM products, the jars have to be kept upright at all times, or else you'll get a ton of product all over your lap, counter, vanity, etc. when you open it (I really wish EM would use jars where you can block the sifter, as you can with a canister of talc). As I got this as part of a set, this was really cheap. EM does provide great deals.

Popular Blush Products