Everyday Minerals Swimming Pool

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

A very light brown with a hint of pink that provided a very sheer and natural everyday colour which worked OK with my cool-toned skin. Not sure that I would buy it again though.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this blush. This, and Email Me are fast becoming EM favorites because they are so wearable and go with about anything, even though they are lighter they are so buildable and blendable and have such an even texture and pigmentation. This always looks 'right' on me, and I'm a EM Golden Medium/Winged Butter mix or Buttered Tan, or Olive Medium/Buff Beige mix. I would say this is quite close to MAC's Cubic, but I like it even more. A very easy to wear pink/mauve brown blush with a hint of peach to it. Matte.

I LOVE this blush!! I've been using MAC's Prism for quite some years now as it has been my HG blush. But now...this blush is definitely my HG!! The color is very similar, in fact I think they're pretty much the same pigment. The only difference is that this blush is cheaper and it lasts on my face much longer. AND it doesn't contain talc, which is an extra plus :) The blush color is natural and gives me that healthy color on my cheeks. For reference, I am Sandy Medium in EDM foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm shocked that this has so many bad reviews! But of course a blush is going to look very different on different skin tones. I am EDM Cool Medium Summer foundation for reference and I LOVE this blush! It's the shade I've been looking for for a subtle sun kissed-rosy cheek natural look. I love that it's not super pigmented so you can start light and slowly build color until it's the perfect blended, natural look. I recommend trying this blush, if it's not for you you're only out $4 shipping on the free sample kit! And you could probably swap it for another shade you want to try. But I bet you'll want to keep it :)

I was extremely surprised to see this color when I first got it because I was expecting a pinky mauve as described on the EM Website--like a light version of Plum Dust. I even emailed one of you MUAers to make sure I had gotten the right color, lol!
It turns out that Swimming Pool is more of a brown-toned pinky-peach instead with a matte finish although I do notice a little bit of a sheen when applied. It's not quite as warm and light as Weekend Getaway, but is in the same color family (on me, anyway). Because of this color's brown tones, this does make a good summer blush as it imparts a sunkissed, almost bronzer look--but with some color.
Also note that when I was trying to find the mauve tones, I wanted to see what this color looked like wet: it did turn quite a bit darker and I could sort of see some mauve in it although, to me, it still had the rich earthier tones. I also noticed a very light pink sheen as an overtone to it. continued >>

Popular Blush Products