Everyday Minerals Swimming Pool

4.5

Not tested on animals

I was extremely surprised to see this color when I first got it because I was expecting a pinky mauve as described on the EM Website--like a light version of Plum Dust. I even emailed one of you MUAers to make sure I had gotten the right color, lol!
It turns out that Swimming Pool is more of a brown-toned pinky-peach instead with a matte finish although I do notice a little bit of a sheen when applied. It's not quite as warm and light as Weekend Getaway, but is in the same color family (on me, anyway). Because of this color's brown tones, this does make a good summer blush as it imparts a sunkissed, almost bronzer look--but with some color.
Also note that when I was trying to find the mauve tones, I wanted to see what this color looked like wet: it did turn quite a bit darker and I could sort of see some mauve in it although, to me, it still had the rich earthier tones. I also noticed a very light pink sheen as an overtone to it. continued >>

This color is an almost exact match for my Lancome Cappucine blush, but just the tiniest bit more warmth and pigment. I would describe it as a soft rosy brown. I use EM foundation in Sandy Fair (I'm very pale and neutral-toned Mac NC/NW 15), and on me this works as a contour blush or (applied with a light hand) a bronzer. Right now I'm loving E-mail Me as my regular blush, but SP might be better in the summer when I'm using self-tanner. This works great as a contour though and hides my slight double chin!

For comparison to other EM blushes, this is like a slightly darker version of Daydream, and a touch cooler. It's also darker than Weekend Getaway, Nick Nack and E-mail Me.

I like every single EM blush that I've tried (especially the matte ones which have no shimmer or shine but still make you glow), and this is no exception. A flattering color that would suit many skin tones as it's quite neutral but has lots of depth. I've heard this is a good alternative for those who find the Everyday Bronzer too orange, as it's a touch lighter and cooler.

This is one of their new blush shades. I would compare it to Nick Nack only it has some brown or tan pigment to it, so it's sort of a pinky brown shade. Very natural looking. No shimmer. I have light skin and it gives a nice natural flush to my face. My other favorites are Apple and Nick Nack.

I agree with the other reviewers, this is nothing like described on EMs webpage, but I still love it! I don't use this as a blush, but as a bronzer and it works wonderfully. I have PPP skin (EMs fairly light) and it gives me a beautiful sunkissed look that is more natural than most bronzers I've tried. I love the fact that it's mineralmakeup and can be use all over without clogging my pores. The color is darker than Soft Bronzer, but lighter than the Everyday Bronzer so for me it's perfect. Will definately repurchase a full size as I got this as a part of my free sample kit. A new HG for me !

When i first got the blush, i was a little scared..the colour looked more like a bronzer but i tried it and i find myself reaching for this almost everytime i want to go for a very natural look.
It gives a healthy subtle tinge of brownish pink on the cheeks and if applied more it can be used to contour the face.

I absolutely love this shade and I wear it every single day. It provides a very healthy, natural look. Here's what I do to get the best result from this product:

I take my Everyday Minerals Base (for me it's Olive Golden Medium in Original Glow or Intensive-depending on the season) and I mix a small amount of Everyday Bronzer into it. After I've blended that together I apply it to my face wet-style, meaning that I apply it with a wet sponge and blend it into my face until I get a porcelin look. I love the result way better than the old dry application method I had always used. The look you get applying it wet-style is truly flawless.

Then...with a contour brush apply SWIMMING POOL onto cheeks and lightly onto the forehead and chin. Layer until you get the desired look. It's hard to overdo it with this blush, which is one of the reasons I love it.

The result is a gorgeous, youthful glow that looks like it's coming from the inside out.

This product also looks wonderful with a soft layer of Everyday Bronzer applied on top of it.

If looking healthy, natural, and radiant is your thing, you really want this blush!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this in full size and I was quite disappointed on how the color showed on me was not flattering - Light Olive/with yellowish tone (NC20). I love EDM blushes and I still keep using it for over-all face color to perk-me up in the morning.

A color which I describe as muted brownish red-mauve but it appears to be dull when apply it alone and can be ashy brown look when apply to much on the cheeks. As suggested you can apply as a contour blush and all over face color and it looks great when apply on the lips!

I have to agree with the reviewers below that this looks nothing like the swatch shown on the website. Far from being a mauve-pink or whatever, it's actually a matte neutral brown with hints of rose. It gives a nice healthy sun-kissed sort of glow, and would probably work really well as a contour shade. I don't reach for it much though because i prefer blushes with more pink/red. I wouldn't repurchase since my small sample jar will probably last my whole life, but i can see this working for many people, particularly blush-averse ones! :P

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love everything about this. The color is so universally flattering and the consistency is wonderful-- it blends easily into my skin and looks totally natural. It's also ridiculously inexpensive-- I bought the big size for $8 and I'd have to blush my entire body every day for the rest of my life to use it all.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this blush. This, and Email Me are fast becoming EM favorites because they are so wearable and go with about anything, even though they are lighter they are so buildable and blendable and have such an even texture and pigmentation. This always looks 'right' on me, and I'm a EM Golden Medium/Winged Butter mix or Buttered Tan, or Olive Medium/Buff Beige mix. I would say this is quite close to MAC's Cubic, but I like it even more. A very easy to wear pink/mauve brown blush with a hint of peach to it. Matte.

Popular Blush Products