Avene Soapless Foaming Gel [DISCONTINUED]

Avene Soapless Foaming Gel [DISCONTINUED]

on 4/1/2012 11:28:00 AM

I'm into my second tube of the cleanser and I'm loving it! I like cleansers that can work up a proper foam but yet remain gentle on the skin. This does a proper(and gentle) job of completely removing my make-up at the end of the day and leaves the skin feeling soft and all-prepped for the nightly skincare routine that follows. I will definitely recommend this product!

on 2/27/2011 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Have been using this cleanser for about a year or so and I love it!

Used to have very horrible dehydrated and oily skin and an SA recommended this to me. It's not much of a miracle worker, but after a few months of using this, I noticed that my skin was no longer as dehydrated as it used to be.

Follow up with the thermal spray as toner, but I've noticed that if I wait too long in between, my skin can feel just the tiniest bit tight, nothing too extreme though.

I'd have to say that even though my skin is much less irritated and dehydrated now, this cleanser doesn't help so much for acne control or oil control. And my pores are all still here to stay, so don't expect it to be a miracle for all skin problems and such.

Still, glad that it's solved some of my skin issues. =)

on 10/5/2010 7:45:00 AM

It' cleanses my skin very thoroughly but I find the product label "for irritated/sensitive skin" very misleading as it was very dry even for my oily/acne skin.

For those who wants to try this product, be careful of the portion you're using. Try to squeeze just a small drop n work your way up to find out how tolerant your skin is to it. Not very suitable if your skin is flaring up n irritated at the moment.

on 7/11/2010 10:54:00 AM

It is already my second tube of this product!

I love it as a Cleanance also from Avene. It is a little bit more expensive than Cleanance, the reason that I am choosing it instead of Cleanance is very convenient package. It is longlasting also.

on 4/11/2010 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was recommended this by the SA for my oily-combination and dehydrated skin. At S$26.10, I wasn't too thrilled on the price (I later discovered this was a promotional price; the usual price being a little bit over S$30!) because where cleansers are concerned I always picked cheap options like Clean & Clear. However I bought this anyway; I was getting a little tired of C & C after going through at least 6 tubes, moreover it was beginning to dry out my skin.

Anyway, no regrets so far. This cleanses well and the foam is light and non-drying. I love that there is no fragrance too, as highly-fragranced skincare products turn me off. It leaves my skin feeling clean and comfortable. I'm loving it so far! I guess from now on I'll be looking out for Avene sales!

on 3/7/2009 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

On my second bottle. Very good for removing makeup. Doesn't leave skin tight.

on 11/27/2008 9:14:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I like this. It foams up nicely and rinses clean without leaving the skin tight. For a fragrance-free product, it sure has a pleasant smell. I don't use it for makeup removal but it would probably wash away light makeup.

on 8/18/2008 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

bought this yesterday. really got a scare after using it. i have dry and eczema-prone skin. it tightens my skin, my face felt hot and dry and scaly. quickly applied a-derma cream for the calming effect. gonna take this back to the drugstore for a refund later!

on 6/30/2008 4:39:00 AM

This is the best cleanser i've come across so far for my sensitive, dry to normal and acne prone skin.

Pros
- no tightness after cleansing removes light powder, eyeshadow well
- foams nicely ( not those volumnious white foam, the kind of foam u get on normal hand soaps)
- just need a little bit for the whole face.

I dont use this as a daily cleanser, only when i have make up on. usually i just cleanse with water.
This is really the best cleanser i've used. The price is really worth it too becasue you only need a small bob of it each time. Definately will purchase it again :)

on 11/10/2007 2:12:00 AM

I like this. Foams nicely and is gentle on skin. Not drying at all.
Reason why i give it 4 stars is that i find it does not cleanse my oily skin too well. Sometimes i even double cleanse with it after make up remover to remove final residue and debris.
However those cleansers that is stronger in cleansing power could be too strong for my skin like deep pore cleanser which i only use once a week.