MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown

3.2

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm on the fence about this. I have this twisted relationship with it that causes me to love it, yet hate it at the same time. Before I start my review, I would just like to point out the fact that this is NOT a powder foundation. On MAC's website, they suggest using it to set liquid foundation or touch up during the day. If you're trying to use a powder as sheer as this as foundation, of course you're going to despise it.

Anyhow. I'm NC40/42 (depending on the time of year) and was matched to 'Medium Dark'. I don't like this shade at all. Most women with tanned skin are also warm complected. This powder is very cool with strong pink undertones, and appears a little ashy/gray when applied. It's not a huge issue since it's very sheer, but I still feel like they should have made this warmer.

As I said earlier, this provides VERY sheer, almost non-existent coverage. For this reason, it's nice to set liquid foundations when you want something light that won't look masky. Don't expect to get any additional coverage from this though. The SA mentioned that this can also be applied wet, but I have not tried this. I imagine that it would give better coverage that way. BTW- IF YOU ARE GOING TO EXPERIMENT WITH APPLYING THIS WET, REMEMBER THAT YOU CANNOT REVERT TO APPLYING IT DRY AGAIN AFTER. ONCE YOU WET IT, IT CHANGES THE TEXTURE.

The finish for this is matte, but not flat and powdery. That's what I really love about this powder. It doesn't give me a chalky, unnatural finish (*cough cough* Studio Fix Powder). It's actually virtually undetectable on the skin. It builds quite nicely as well.

As far as oil control goes? This is nothing special. If you have oily skin like me, this probably won't do much for you. But it will set foundation beautifully for combo/dry skinned girls who don't need much oil control.

I like the packaging, but I do wish that it had a mirror like Studio Fix Powder. Also, the clear plastic casing pops out a lot (no bother I guess, since it can easily be popped back in).

I recommend applying this with a dense kabuki (such as MAC's 182). This product works best when really buffed into the skin (like all mineral powders).

I do like this, but it's not my favorite. I like a setting powder with better oil control (isn't that the whole point of powder?), and that comes in a better color range than this. I can see why some women would love it though. If you have the right complexion and skin type for this, it could work quite beautifully.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't see what's so great about this powder at all! Firstly, in no way can it be used as a powder foundation alone - the coverage is so sheer, it's non existent. I put some on my cheeks, both wet and dry (using ELF Mineral Powder Brush and a sponge) and didn't notice the difference at all. If anything, it made me quite pink, which is really weird because I'm NC43-ish with yellow/brown undertones! The same thing happened when I tried it as a setting powder over my liquid foundation. When I spoke to a MAC MUA about it, she said something about the way it's pressed makes it turn pink on application - apparently!

I won't be buying this again, and I'm currently using Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation, which is much better than this!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

MAC's mineralize skinfinish naturals, and the skinfinishes are great powders.This was my first skin finish and I use it regularly. I don't like to wear foundation, and this powder gives me the perfect amount of coverage for my red areas and blemishes when they occur. This paired with a concealer is all I need to accomplish the skin I desire. I also have dry skin and this works so well despite that. It never cakes and can be used wet to get that dewy look.

I use this mostly under my eyes and all over during winter months. I also have medium deep and I use them both equally. This is a. Great match for my golden undertones. I'm a nc44 for reference.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This pressed powder shouldn't be used by itself if you have a lot of scars or marks you want to hide. Overall this is an excellent sheer product to finish the finishing touches of applying foundation. I love the sleek look and dewy finish it gives me after applying my foundation. I still have some left from when I brought it! I would most definitely buy again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Nice powder. I use it over my foundation. It goes on smoothly and lightly.