MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

4.5

As a make up artist i could say it is close to perfection you just need to understand it is not matifying powder and you still need to use oil absorbong powder on Tzone. It sets powder with no powder look. Stunning product from MAC. Use MAC fix after and you will be like supermodel;) use Morphe 500 type of brush, very fluffy, long bristles:)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I purchased this after I went in to the store looking for a bronzer. I was recommended this. I use this to add a bit of warmth to my skin. I use it sparingly as its quite dark on my skin. I agree with other reviewers that it can break me out.

I love the natural look this powder gives you (looks almost like you have no powder on at all which is exactly what I wanted) but for some reason it causes me to breakout. May be a bad powder if you have oily or blemish prone skin.

Goes on nicely with an even, natural finish.
I have combination skin that's prone to an oily t zone throughout the day. This product wont keep you oil free all day (is there a powder out there that does on an oily skin?) but because it looks natural you can happily touch up when needed and not look like a horrendous, cakey monster.
Its a bit expensive in my opinion, but I like the consistency and colour..so Ill keep buying it for now.

While I love so much about this product, the fact remains the same with all mineral makeups--usually, their first ingredient is Mica. This is the same with everything from BE to this MAC powder. The thing about MICA is that while it begins with a natural, oil-absorbing finish, that same absorption causes oxidation and even a gray cast on the yellowest of skintones. Most makeup artists will not apply products containing Mica to anyone who is about to have photographs taken, because that gray-shade is highly detectable on camera. I can even tell nights when I have worn it just by looking at my skin next to my friends' skin in pictures--I have somehow become the gray friend!! Anyway, if you are not an oily person, or only planning to have makeup on for a short time, it's a great product. However, in the long-term, after a full day and a bit of oil, this powder will go at least a shade darker and grayer!!

I love the finish and its very long wearing and has buildable coverage. My only complaint is that the compact need a mirror. I have super oily skin so to make this work for me this is what I did:

Apply a thin layer of milk of magnesia as a primer and then a thin layer of the Clinique pore minimizer. I didnt even have to blot my face later on in the day and that was so nice. Then apply the powder with a dense kabuki brush and buff in well.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

In my ongoing search for products, I acquired this one for use on my clients who have mid tone complexions and want a sculpted look -- now I have just about every sculpting product made, and every dark powder that comes across my hands is up for consideration. I had not given this mineralized product much thought until I started to play around with it and found that the color works perfectly for 2.5 to 4.0 skins by using it to sculpt cheekbones and diminish jowls and other "imperfections" (not my term but many of my clients feel they are imperfect)... especially for photography.

With wedding season coming up this will prove to be a great help in sculpting faces.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is definitelu HG material!

It's totally my favorite pressed face powder ever and I've used a lot of different ones. My skin is sensitive as heck, too, and (so far) it hasn't broken me out (though I have been breaking out lately, that was before I started using this powder). This is pretty much a perfect match for when my skin is at its lightest (aka winter and when I'm not in the hot sun).

There is tons of product in the container (10 grams/0.35 ounces) and that really does last forever! I use my 187 MAC stippling brush to apply it and it really has buildable coverage. I wear it without foundation and my skin looks flawless! It's really finely milled and your skin just seems to get perfect as you apply it without looking powdery or cakey.

I'll keep buying it!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I really like this product..the longer I have it on the better it looks. I wear it during the day I dust it over Laura Mercier tinted oil free moisturizer spf 20 It is very light and gives my skin a smooth flawless texture. It keeps me matte all day.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

AMAZING.....my skin looks freakin' flawless after using this.....I am a makeup junky.....this is my new favorite product!