MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

4.2

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have been self tanning quite a bit lately, and found that my usual shade Medium Plus was getting a little too light, so I purchased this in the next shade up - Medium Dark. It matches my current skintone PERFECTLY. This powder is ultra luxurious and it gives my skin a satiny, radiant glow. I also love to use it as a crease shade or transition shade on the eyes - perfect. I think it will work well as a light bronzer to warm up my contours as well. $30 is a little pricey, but this stuff will last me a long time, so it's more than worth it. I love MAC.
xo

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I realllyyyyyy like this!! I find it makes my face look just flawless and amazing. The color matches me pretty well (NC30 ish). I have combo/oily skin. By itself, it doesn't control the oil at all. Over a foundation, it does control a bit for a couple of hours. My t-zone gets pretty shiny but it doesn't bother me. You don't feel it on your face at all! I defenitly recommend it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Wanted to love this product - however, it broke me out (I use other Mac blushes/powders and they've been fine) and it doesn't have the coverage I would like. I was hoping this would replace my Benefit Hello Flawless Powder (great coverage and blends seamlessly) but it is more of a setting powder, has very light coverage, and seemed to spark a series of little bumps on my forehead/nose area. Will be returning.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this powder! would say I've been using it for more than a year now... Very matte and soft finish. got many compliments and works great with their blushes! maybe a little bit expensive but its worth it, if you have tried Mac before and know they work for you :)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I use the MAC Studio Fix Fluid and then I use this to set my foundation. It works amazingly I highly recommend it to everyone :) It's a must have in my makeup bag

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This powder is a good powder for those looking for a light to medium coverage (I've read from Karla Sugar that it can provide more coverage if used wet -- although I have not tried it myself). The finish of this powder leaves a satin/semi-matte finish on my skin. I have oily skin and I notice the product "melts" into my skin right away and does not oxidize during the day. It doesn't look powdery and cakey, but I would have to blot with a tissue and re-apply later on (which is no problem -- I have come to terms I will get oil no matter what).

Anyway, I use this powder to set my L'Oreal BB cream and MAC Studio Finish and Pro Longwear concealers. It does a fabulous job at holding these products in place. What I enjoy about this powder is the finish it leaves. You can definitely layer it for more coverage, but it never looks flat or dry. In the pan, the powder itself isn't matte. It has particles in it that has a very LIGHT sheen.

My two gripes with this powder is that I have to mix two colors to fit my NC30-35/C4, yellow asian skin tone and its price. Medium Plus is slightly light and neutral/pink for me while Medium Dark is too dark is golden/yellow, but slightly too dark for my coloring at the moment. Therefore, I would use MAC 187 or MAC 109 brush and dip the brush in both powders to get a proper color. I wish the price is lower too compared to other MAC powders (such as Studio Careblend or Select Sheer) for the same, if not, more product. I have learned to not rub the brush over and over to pick up more powder, but to dip and layer on for more coverage. I will continue to buy this as I enjoy the finish it provides.

EDIT (as of 07/27/12): I returned this along with Medium Plus. The color even when the two are mixed together still left a pink cast on my face. Having to pay almost $60 dollars and having to use two powders and still not get a proper color match was not worth it.

I also lowered the overall rating to a 3 (used to be 4) and price to a 3 (used to be 4). The color seems to suit more cool toned and neutral skin tones as these powders have a red-dish tint to them. A MAC SA mention to me when I returned the powders that these powders tend to lean a little more pink/red than yellow/golden.

For reference, I started using NYX's Stay Matte, but Not Flat powder foundation. The coverage is similar to MSFN and so is the finish and texture. I am using Medium Beige and the color suits me better.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my HG powder! I've had this product for such a long time; I can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet!
I got it in Medium Dark because I thought Medium Plus looked a little light, but apparently Medium Plus is supposed to be the perfect match for NC35 skintones. But anyway, Medium Dark is still a pretty good match for me. Since it has rather light coverage, the color doesn't look too dark on me at all.
I should note, however, that MSFN shades lean towards neutral, almost pink, so those of you with strong yellow undertones should avoid this.
Sometimes I use this as a foundation over my concealer and primer. If I don't use it as a foundation, then I use it for touch-ups throughout the day, or as a setting powder over my foundation or tinted moisturizer. Some people use it as a bronzer too.
I think it provides the PERFECT amount of coverage. The light-to-medium coverage is enough to even out skintone and cover some minor blemishes. I also really do like the finish. It has a lovely natural satin finish that looks flawless under all lighting.
I do get slightly oily by the end of the day, but I don't mind touching up once or twice. That said, this isn't a powder that's meant to control oil, so I don't recommend this for those with oily skin.
The packaging is in the classic black MAC compact, although I'm not very fond of it. The little clear window on the lid isn't attached to the lid at all as you might think; it's actually a flimsy thin plastic thing that always falls off. I prefer a built-in mirror, or a least something that's attached and won't fall off. The compact itself is durable, at least. Packaging earns a rating of a 2.
The price is very reasonable. For $29, you get 0.35 oz. of product. Doesn't sound like a lot, but if you just do a light dusting on your whole face, this product should last you a while. Also, I should add that MAC is actually cheap compared to other high-end brands, so you're getting a good deal! (:
Would I repurchase? Yes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

HG material right here!
I put off buying this for so long because of the price tag and even tried to find dupes for it (the Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder is not one). Finally, I caved in and bought it..so glad that I did!!
I'm a NC30 and initially thought I wanted Medium Plus but the SA suggested Medium Dark would better suit me. Good thing I listened to her! I received Medium Plus in a swap just to try it out and my sister in law & boyfriend both said it was too light for me.
I looked up different ways to apply this. At first, I used a kabuki brush like everyone suggested but I felt that my face was a different color than my neck. So I just lightly dust it all over my face after I apply foundation and concealer. The end result? Poreless, polished, and glow-y skin! My boyfriend even said that it didn't even look like I was wearing make up. Isn't that how make up is supposed to look?!
I love this and there's quite a lot of product for a 30ish$ price tag so I don't see myself running out anytime soon. Does not come with mirror or sponge and I don't carry it around in my make up bag so I can't say anything about it's durability.

This is a SETTING POWDER, not a foundation people! Remember that. It has sheer-low coverage. Also, I'm combo/normal and this didn't exacerbate any oilies and actually keeps me normal all day. Didn't break me out either, thank goodness!

HG setting powder! I apply this at the very end, after I've put on everything, and it gives my skin an amazing glow. I buy it a shade or two darker than my skin so it basically acts as a bronzer. You can also use this on its own for very light coverage and an evening-out of the skin tone; I personally recommend a very thick and firm brush like a kabuki. Can't say enough good things about it.

Finally this medium dark is the perfect shade for my NC30 skin. I bought Medium and Medium Plus which was still too light for me. I love this so much. Even on days when I don't wear foundation I'Ll moisturize and powder and I'M good to go.