MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

Filtered by hair type : Curly

3.7

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

NC20-25 neutral undertone. I use the color Medium as an all over setting powder from time to time but I love Med Dark as a BRONZER. It's the perfect color that I buff along my hairline, cheekbones, neck and light dusting across my nose. It's far too warm to use as a real contour color (I used NYX Taupe for that) but this is amazing when I want to warm up my skin. It lasts all day, no fading and looks really natural. Have gone through 3 of these in the past 5 years and will continue to repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this powder! would say I've been using it for more than a year now... Very matte and soft finish. got many compliments and works great with their blushes! maybe a little bit expensive but its worth it, if you have tried Mac before and know they work for you :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Im an nc42 in mac. This is an okay light coverage powder. I find it average.

This breaks me out like crazy but i can see it working as a setting powder for other girls or alone as a light coverage powder.

I find this to be an okay product. I can achieve the same finish with other powders. I dont understand all the hype. I wouldnt repurchase because my skin doesnt react well to it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I am not a fan of MAC's mineralize skin finish powders in general, for reference I am an NW15. However, this one is great., and I use this for a contour and to warm things up in general. If I ever use this up (which) I doubt, I would use this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I have only just realised that the MUA gave me the Medium[Dark powder and I am really fair skinned! I think that she suggested this to contour and it works really well. I will be using this for summer as I get a warmer colour. It doesn't go on orangey and it helps keep my face oil free!
I will buy the lighter shade for winter I think.
I would love this much more if it had a mirror as it would be so much more useful to me!
I would buy this again as it does look good over a foundation as if my powder is too light or as light as my foundation then it doesn't look natural.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I only use this because i'm pregnant and needed something affordable to throw on quick on those days i feel like crap and don't feel like doing my makeup lol. I don't understand all the hooplah this product gets because it's not all that and there are waaaay better powder products on the market that are well suited for more of a multitude of complexions and undertones. For this to suit me better it needs more yellow...needs to not oxidize slightly...and a tiny bit more coverage. I ain't complaining too much because it does what i need it to do for the meantime. I do like how it doesn't feel heavy and cakey though..that's a plus. I won't re-purchase once i'm done.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had this tried on me at the MAC store in Janurary and I LOVED the natural glow it gave me, the MAC artist didn't tell me what shade I was though she just put it on me and rushed to help another costumer. Shock! But I loved the way it looked on me and I think medium dark would be the perfect color for me (I am NW30 in Studio Sculpt Foundation and NW33 in Studio Fix Fluid) but Which shade should I chose for this cause I love it so much! I don't mind being a bit lighter or a bit darker.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

NC44 for reference.

Okay so this is kind of a 2-in-1 review! I originally used this as a mineral foundation since I had previously used BE in Warm and loved the glowy affect. BE was too red though and my best friend who had also worn BE had just switched to this MSF and it looked great on her. I thought it was pretty good however my only gripes were that it was way too drying for my skin (I was applying just over moisturizer), and it was actually a shade too dark! Since then I haven't worn it as a mineral moisturizer.

Which leads me to my second review...
This time I've been using it as a setting powder after watching some YouTube videos. I didn't even know it could be used for that! I used it over my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer which can make my skin look a bit TOO glowy haha.

This stuff has been amazing for setting my Mac Studio Finish concealer, it also evens out my skin tone and matts down the oilyness from the LM tinted moisturizer. Before my concealer would barely last an hour, but now it stays on for up to 4! It still dries out my skin a bit, not too much just makes me have to stay on top my skincare routine.

I actually also use it as a contour powder.

I'll definitely re-purchase, but next time will probably get a shade lighter if using as a setting powder.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I hate this product. It made me break out all over my face. Now I have acne scars that I am trying to cover up. It took a full week of me not wearing this product in order for my skin to not break out.I will be going back to Urban Decay's Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup powder (Mirage) soon. At least Urban Decay doesn't break me out or make me look orange.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

got this to set my sff. Made my face look ghostly. Goes on my face so powdery. Used different brushes to apply, same results. I was first matched to medium plus, then to this. You can't wear it alone. I prefer studio fix powder. The packaging could use a mirror.