MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

Filtered by hair type : Straight

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder gives a beautiful natural effect upon application. I'm NC15 and I like to use this to contour and warm up the sides of my face. I like to use this on days where I want to look naturally chiselled and it hasn't let me down.
I bought one early 2013 and with about once-twice a week usage ever since I still have a lot of product remaining (the top of the dome is still kind of there). Love it, a real to-go for me.

Only thing I dislike is the packaging - it feels flimsy and I feel like the packaging is about to disintegrate at this point.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I use the MAC Studio Fix Fluid and then I use this to set my foundation. It works amazingly I highly recommend it to everyone :) It's a must have in my makeup bag

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

MSF in Medium Dark works for so many people. When I apply makeup on other faces, most of the girls and boys fall into this colour (we have Chinese, Nepalese and Indians!). When used dry, it provides light coveage and the finish is not cakey nor dull. I use it all over my face when I'm tanned (NC 30 in summer), and use it as a bronzer when I'm paler (NC20-25). It is finely milled, and it does not dry up nor emphasize the flakiness of my problematic dry skin, and it looks so smooth when applied wet! Use a stippling brush, you can get sheer results. As a bronzer, it doesn't quite show up even on my NC 20 (even I apply heavily) so I much prefer NARS Laguna for contouring.

All in all, it's a great poduct that I have hit pan, and I have seen it working wonders for many Asian skintones. Great great colour to work with!

Texture: 5/5 very fine powder, does not dry up my skin, not cakey
Function: 4.5/5 light to medium coveage (dry/wet application), even skin tones
Pigmentation/Colour: 5/5
Packaging: 4/5
Price: 4.5/5 25.5 for 7g in Hong Kong, can be used every day
Overall: 4.6/5

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was very hesitate to buy this product, because I had bought other Mac products before and even though they worked amazing, they always made my brake out, after months of debating whether or not to buy it, I finally ended up buying it.
And I have been very pleased with it. It give my skin a very natural soft look, which is what I was looking for.
But unfortunately, I have noticed I have been breaking out a little bit, wish these products didn't make me brake out, they work amazing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

this is my HG finishing powder. It makes me look flawless and it takes the shine away. I use it with MACs pro longwear foundation and it looks amazing. I can use it anytime during the year,it blends so well. I will re-purchase when i run out. A little expensive, but totallly worth the money!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my HG powder! I've had this product for such a long time; I can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet!
I got it in Medium Dark because I thought Medium Plus looked a little light, but apparently Medium Plus is supposed to be the perfect match for NC35 skintones. But anyway, Medium Dark is still a pretty good match for me. Since it has rather light coverage, the color doesn't look too dark on me at all.
I should note, however, that MSFN shades lean towards neutral, almost pink, so those of you with strong yellow undertones should avoid this.
Sometimes I use this as a foundation over my concealer and primer. If I don't use it as a foundation, then I use it for touch-ups throughout the day, or as a setting powder over my foundation or tinted moisturizer. Some people use it as a bronzer too.
I think it provides the PERFECT amount of coverage. The light-to-medium coverage is enough to even out skintone and cover some minor blemishes. I also really do like the finish. It has a lovely natural satin finish that looks flawless under all lighting.
I do get slightly oily by the end of the day, but I don't mind touching up once or twice. That said, this isn't a powder that's meant to control oil, so I don't recommend this for those with oily skin.
The packaging is in the classic black MAC compact, although I'm not very fond of it. The little clear window on the lid isn't attached to the lid at all as you might think; it's actually a flimsy thin plastic thing that always falls off. I prefer a built-in mirror, or a least something that's attached and won't fall off. The compact itself is durable, at least. Packaging earns a rating of a 2.
The price is very reasonable. For $29, you get 0.35 oz. of product. Doesn't sound like a lot, but if you just do a light dusting on your whole face, this product should last you a while. Also, I should add that MAC is actually cheap compared to other high-end brands, so you're getting a good deal! (:
Would I repurchase? Yes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

HG material right here!
I put off buying this for so long because of the price tag and even tried to find dupes for it (the Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder is not one). Finally, I caved in and bought it..so glad that I did!!
I'm a NC30 and initially thought I wanted Medium Plus but the SA suggested Medium Dark would better suit me. Good thing I listened to her! I received Medium Plus in a swap just to try it out and my sister in law & boyfriend both said it was too light for me.
I looked up different ways to apply this. At first, I used a kabuki brush like everyone suggested but I felt that my face was a different color than my neck. So I just lightly dust it all over my face after I apply foundation and concealer. The end result? Poreless, polished, and glow-y skin! My boyfriend even said that it didn't even look like I was wearing make up. Isn't that how make up is supposed to look?!
I love this and there's quite a lot of product for a 30ish$ price tag so I don't see myself running out anytime soon. Does not come with mirror or sponge and I don't carry it around in my make up bag so I can't say anything about it's durability.

This is a SETTING POWDER, not a foundation people! Remember that. It has sheer-low coverage. Also, I'm combo/normal and this didn't exacerbate any oilies and actually keeps me normal all day. Didn't break me out either, thank goodness!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm on my 2nd one after my mom stole my first because it's that amazing! I have combination skin and this helps control the shine but still makes me skin look luminous. I use this as my "foundation"- I'm lucky to have really good skin so I just use concealer and put this on top. It's a bit expensive- another really good powder would be the sephora one but I think they've discontinued it. Hasn't broken me out at all. Definitely an HG product for me!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This product is officially my HG powder. I am absolutely in love with it. It's perfect for my skin tone (NC42). Doesn't oxidize and turn darker or redder like most of my other powders. Sets foundations beautifully. On days that I'm in a rush I sweep this onto my bare skin and my skin looks glowy all day. I also use this on my eye lids to brighten them up and even out the tone. I will definitely be repurchasing this over and over again. It's so beautiful and looks great for setting foundation or on its own.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The reason why I love this product is because of the color, I'm an nc37/40 naturally tan but my face is naturally really red while the rest of my body has olive undertones. I like how this evens out my skin tone and looks very natural. I am having issues with the packaging, the compact sucks. No mirror, no compartment for the applicator and after multiple uses the powder gets hard and its difficult to pick up any color. I still adore this powder and I will repurchase.