MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool

I never really thought the MSFN was all that special and stopped using it for a while, when I started using it again I got compliments on how my skin looked brighter/glowing and its pretty much been a staple ever since! Took off a lippie because I do have to put a translucent powder on my T-zone since this powder isn't very good at oil absorbing. Not all too fond of the packaging (pretty sure if I dropped it, it would crack) however I've heard that its changed and it now comes with an attached mirror so I guess thats no longer an issue!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I went to the MAC counter to ask the SA to recommend a matte bronzer for my pale skin (NC15-ish). I don't tan naturally and rely on fake tan usually to 'take the glare off'. I was expecting her to recommend one of their bronzers but instead she suggested Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium Dark and showed me how to apply it with a brush around the edges of the forehead, into the hairline at the temples, on the cheekbones, nose, chin and along and just under the jaw. I was really impressed with the results and now this is a staple product for me. It looks natural and glowy and I have a much more healthy look to my skin compared to my natural 'undead vampire' colouring. Will definitely repurchase this!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This has been my everyday powder for almost three years now. I don't have any skin issues really so the light coverage is great for me. It controls shine all day which is great. What i love is it can be a sheer cover powder or you can build it to where it covers without feeling heavy. Only down is i don't feel like it last throughout the day.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

i am a mac C40 this product is a bit too orange and glittery on me it oxidizes i can make it work by using over a foundation that is too light as it then gives a happy medium but on its own its very strange kind of ashy kind of greasy looking and too orange it seems to work for a lot of people, even on people with lighter skin tones than me some im sure im just the exception and not the rule. i also think its a bit over priced and pointless you dont want your whole face to have a sheen it looks fake its better to have a highlighter that you use sparingly and as far as a powder foundation well i have my studio fix for that i regret buying and will not repurchase

I was a little skeptical about purchasing one of these powders, but after many raves on YouTube, I decided to give it a whirl. I really love this powder! I have problem skin, and this powder doesn't cause me to break out. The coverage is buildable, and truly does add a natural "glow." I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this after seeing lots of MAC makeup collections and hauls on YouTube. I thought, "Hey, everyone has the several MSFs, so there must be something really great about this!" I went to the MAC counter and asked about the MSFs and she put the Medium Dark and the Light on me. Even though I am fair, she suggested the Medium Dark shade since I have rosacea and she said it seemed to tone down some of the red. I apply the stuff in the morning with a large fluffy brush, but it doesn't do anything at all for me. When I apply it with a powder puff to get more coverage, it's too dark. I am taking this back for a refund and I wouldn't purchase it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this product. I use it to set my liquid foundation. It gives me a nice glow and doenst cake on my face. The coverage is very buildable. It also helps my t-zone from getting oily throughout the day. Definitely rebuying.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I am C5 Face&Body, NC42 StudioFixPowder. I bought the Medium Dark after the MAC MUA had used it to set my C5 Face&Body Foundation and it initially looked good and I bought it. Then I realized it turned orange on me only a few hours later. Not a bad orange, but definitely darker than my natural coloring. I went back and asked for a lighter shade, the MUA said - no way- but against her own advice tried the Medium Plus on me and it seemed a better match. It turned out to be the perfect shade for me- especially for winter. I have held on to the Medium Dark -for summer I will mix the 2 shades before applying or will eventually just use the Medium Dark when I am tanned. With or without foundation, this powder makes my combination skin look pretty good.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking forward to receiving this in the mail for quite awhile and was not disappointed. I haven't used it much yet, but so far love what I see - I've used it over sheer foundation and found that it does a great job covering imperfections and blending away red marks on my cheeks without looking cakey. It doesn't look like any powder I've ever used. The texture is silky and wonderful, and unlike any other mineral powder I've tried, it doesn't sink into my pores and make them huge and noticeable. It really blends into the skin like a liquid or cream and has a nice glow.
My only complaint about this so far is that the powder itself has a weird texture and doesn't seem to hold itself together well as a pressed compact. The first time I touched a brush to it, powder flew everywhere and made a big mess of my bathroom sink. It's almost like a cross between loose and pressed powder. It makes a mess and seems like a waste of product. I'm also worried that it's going to break very easily.
I am usually NC42 and got this in medium dark. It's a good match, a little on the light side.