MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

Filtered by skin type : Oily

4.2

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have been self tanning quite a bit lately, and found that my usual shade Medium Plus was getting a little too light, so I purchased this in the next shade up - Medium Dark. It matches my current skintone PERFECTLY. This powder is ultra luxurious and it gives my skin a satiny, radiant glow. I also love to use it as a crease shade or transition shade on the eyes - perfect. I think it will work well as a light bronzer to warm up my contours as well. $30 is a little pricey, but this stuff will last me a long time, so it's more than worth it. I love MAC.
xo

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I realllyyyyyy like this!! I find it makes my face look just flawless and amazing. The color matches me pretty well (NC30 ish). I have combo/oily skin. By itself, it doesn't control the oil at all. Over a foundation, it does control a bit for a couple of hours. My t-zone gets pretty shiny but it doesn't bother me. You don't feel it on your face at all! I defenitly recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This has to be my favorite setting powder I have ever gone through. Just a small sweep of this over the face with your 182 or any kabuki and your face is left with a perfect natural look. It can also be used on it's own if you want sheer to medium coverage, as well as used wet for medium to heavy coverage. MAC knew what they were doing with this. This product gets an A+++ from me. I absolutely LOVE IT!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This powder is a good powder for those looking for a light to medium coverage (I've read from Karla Sugar that it can provide more coverage if used wet -- although I have not tried it myself). The finish of this powder leaves a satin/semi-matte finish on my skin. I have oily skin and I notice the product "melts" into my skin right away and does not oxidize during the day. It doesn't look powdery and cakey, but I would have to blot with a tissue and re-apply later on (which is no problem -- I have come to terms I will get oil no matter what).

Anyway, I use this powder to set my L'Oreal BB cream and MAC Studio Finish and Pro Longwear concealers. It does a fabulous job at holding these products in place. What I enjoy about this powder is the finish it leaves. You can definitely layer it for more coverage, but it never looks flat or dry. In the pan, the powder itself isn't matte. It has particles in it that has a very LIGHT sheen.

My two gripes with this powder is that I have to mix two colors to fit my NC30-35/C4, yellow asian skin tone and its price. Medium Plus is slightly light and neutral/pink for me while Medium Dark is too dark is golden/yellow, but slightly too dark for my coloring at the moment. Therefore, I would use MAC 187 or MAC 109 brush and dip the brush in both powders to get a proper color. I wish the price is lower too compared to other MAC powders (such as Studio Careblend or Select Sheer) for the same, if not, more product. I have learned to not rub the brush over and over to pick up more powder, but to dip and layer on for more coverage. I will continue to buy this as I enjoy the finish it provides.

EDIT (as of 07/27/12): I returned this along with Medium Plus. The color even when the two are mixed together still left a pink cast on my face. Having to pay almost $60 dollars and having to use two powders and still not get a proper color match was not worth it.

I also lowered the overall rating to a 3 (used to be 4) and price to a 3 (used to be 4). The color seems to suit more cool toned and neutral skin tones as these powders have a red-dish tint to them. A MAC SA mention to me when I returned the powders that these powders tend to lean a little more pink/red than yellow/golden.

For reference, I started using NYX's Stay Matte, but Not Flat powder foundation. The coverage is similar to MSFN and so is the finish and texture. I am using Medium Beige and the color suits me better.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I have only just realised that the MUA gave me the Medium[Dark powder and I am really fair skinned! I think that she suggested this to contour and it works really well. I will be using this for summer as I get a warmer colour. It doesn't go on orangey and it helps keep my face oil free!
I will buy the lighter shade for winter I think.
I would love this much more if it had a mirror as it would be so much more useful to me!
I would buy this again as it does look good over a foundation as if my powder is too light or as light as my foundation then it doesn't look natural.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. I am on my 5th or 6th box and I guess I will just keep using this stuff for the rest of my life. It is really good, provides a medium coverage, looks natural like you dont have anything on your skin, blends perfectly with my skin tone and does not make my skin oily at the same time making my skin look poreless. Now only if I didnt have acne scar this would be only thing I would need in my makeup routine.

I have given it 2 for packaging, cause there seems to be product left between the rings that you have in the case which is hard to get to and gets wasted.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I use this to set my SFF and it does a good job doing that. I could never wear this alone though, I have redness in my skin and this is too sheer. When I swirl my brush around it, some powder tends to scatter, but I guess thats normal. I love the natural finish although it does nothing for oil.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I wish under the buy again selection there was a Hells no option. This looked really pretty and offered surprising coverage paired with fix+ and 188. The first day I tried it I noticed a very, very slight itch. The second day, the itch got worse and my skin started to feel like it was burning. I got a few small red bumps and rashes on my skin and I had really small marks that looked like my skin was burned. Within a day the "burn" marks healed color-wise, but my skin was very chaffed and peeled. No amount of moisturizer or exfoliating could help the peeling, although it did help with the small burn marks. It's day 3 (not wearing the crap) and my skin looks like its recovering. In the trash this goes!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So, to start off with, this product is okay. It provides your face a great dewy finish, low coverage and light "mineralized powder". However I really don't think I will be repurchasing this again. I think I want to try Bare Minerals specifically for the reason that none of the MSF naturals match my skin tone. I have both the medium dark and medium plus i can honestly say the medium plus is a bit too light / tan and the medium dark is too dark / orange. There isn't a shade in between these to so i don't really like using this powder. The idea of it is great and such but it just doesn't have a perfect wide range of colors. The price is also pretty expensive. Its $31.00 in Canada and I know that they did raise the price by $1.00 which kind of sucks. OHH and also this powder is not great at controlling OILLY FACES.. well kinda. I have oily skin and the lasting power of this powder is very great. So i don't recommend you get this if you have oily. Overall I will not repurchase this powder and I am not that happy with this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Used it so far for contouring. The colour is not orange and very natural on my NC20, asian skin. Will repurchase if i can ever finish this.