MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.2

As a make up artist i could say it is close to perfection you just need to understand it is not matifying powder and you still need to use oil absorbong powder on Tzone. It sets powder with no powder look. Stunning product from MAC. Use MAC fix after and you will be like supermodel;) use Morphe 500 type of brush, very fluffy, long bristles:)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Not for nc42 girls , too orange. I used this on top of my studio sculpt foundation and I ended up looking like an orange.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love this powder! I have it in medium dark which is slightly light for me but doesn't give a grey cast at all. The micro-particles leave a smooth finish on my skin and lovely glow. In summer when I go foundation free this is my go-to, nice light coverage. This isn't so great for keeping the shine at bay however but it does give a dewy effect in summer if that's the look you're going for. I will definitely repurchase it, and probably use a mattifying powder just for my t-zone.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I am NC40 and for awhile I have been trying to find the right powder to set my foundation and concealer. I love this powder! I buffed it into my face after applying my MAC Studio Fix Fluid and it works so well together! On work days or when I don't want to wear foundation because my skin is looking great, I'll just apply a face primer then buff it into my skin. I love that it doesn't look cakey or powdery. It cost me $30 at the MAC counter and for me that is quite pricey but it was worth it. I would definitely buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm on the fence about this. I have this twisted relationship with it that causes me to love it, yet hate it at the same time. Before I start my review, I would just like to point out the fact that this is NOT a powder foundation. On MAC's website, they suggest using it to set liquid foundation or touch up during the day. If you're trying to use a powder as sheer as this as foundation, of course you're going to despise it.

Anyhow. I'm NC40/42 (depending on the time of year) and was matched to 'Medium Dark'. I don't like this shade at all. Most women with tanned skin are also warm complected. This powder is very cool with strong pink undertones, and appears a little ashy/gray when applied. It's not a huge issue since it's very sheer, but I still feel like they should have made this warmer.

As I said earlier, this provides VERY sheer, almost non-existent coverage. For this reason, it's nice to set liquid foundations when you want something light that won't look masky. Don't expect to get any additional coverage from this though. The SA mentioned that this can also be applied wet, but I have not tried this. I imagine that it would give better coverage that way. BTW- IF YOU ARE GOING TO EXPERIMENT WITH APPLYING THIS WET, REMEMBER THAT YOU CANNOT REVERT TO APPLYING IT DRY AGAIN AFTER. ONCE YOU WET IT, IT CHANGES THE TEXTURE.

The finish for this is matte, but not flat and powdery. That's what I really love about this powder. It doesn't give me a chalky, unnatural finish (*cough cough* Studio Fix Powder). It's actually virtually undetectable on the skin. It builds quite nicely as well.

As far as oil control goes? This is nothing special. If you have oily skin like me, this probably won't do much for you. But it will set foundation beautifully for combo/dry skinned girls who don't need much oil control.

I like the packaging, but I do wish that it had a mirror like Studio Fix Powder. Also, the clear plastic casing pops out a lot (no bother I guess, since it can easily be popped back in).

I recommend applying this with a dense kabuki (such as MAC's 182). This product works best when really buffed into the skin (like all mineral powders).

I do like this, but it's not my favorite. I like a setting powder with better oil control (isn't that the whole point of powder?), and that comes in a better color range than this. I can see why some women would love it though. If you have the right complexion and skin type for this, it could work quite beautifully.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this powder! would say I've been using it for more than a year now... Very matte and soft finish. got many compliments and works great with their blushes! maybe a little bit expensive but its worth it, if you have tried Mac before and know they work for you :)

I use this to contour my cheeks on my NW20 skin and it works brilliantly. Beautiful, definitely recommend.

I'm pale (MAC NC15 or Matchmaster 1) and love this product for contouring. Adds beautiful depth and dimension to my face without looking orange, ruddy, or dirty. Has a golden/yellow undertone that works and blends with the neutral to yellow undertone in my skin. The pigmentation is awesome and blends easily too.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't see what's so great about this powder at all! Firstly, in no way can it be used as a powder foundation alone - the coverage is so sheer, it's non existent. I put some on my cheeks, both wet and dry (using ELF Mineral Powder Brush and a sponge) and didn't notice the difference at all. If anything, it made me quite pink, which is really weird because I'm NC43-ish with yellow/brown undertones! The same thing happened when I tried it as a setting powder over my liquid foundation. When I spoke to a MAC MUA about it, she said something about the way it's pressed makes it turn pink on application - apparently!

I won't be buying this again, and I'm currently using Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation, which is much better than this!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I purchased this after I went in to the store looking for a bronzer. I was recommended this. I use this to add a bit of warmth to my skin. I use it sparingly as its quite dark on my skin. I agree with other reviewers that it can break me out.