MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder gives a beautiful natural effect upon application. I'm NC15 and I like to use this to contour and warm up the sides of my face. I like to use this on days where I want to look naturally chiselled and it hasn't let me down.
I bought one early 2013 and with about once-twice a week usage ever since I still have a lot of product remaining (the top of the dome is still kind of there). Love it, a real to-go for me.

Only thing I dislike is the packaging - it feels flimsy and I feel like the packaging is about to disintegrate at this point.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my HG powder! I've had this product for such a long time; I can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet!
I got it in Medium Dark because I thought Medium Plus looked a little light, but apparently Medium Plus is supposed to be the perfect match for NC35 skintones. But anyway, Medium Dark is still a pretty good match for me. Since it has rather light coverage, the color doesn't look too dark on me at all.
I should note, however, that MSFN shades lean towards neutral, almost pink, so those of you with strong yellow undertones should avoid this.
Sometimes I use this as a foundation over my concealer and primer. If I don't use it as a foundation, then I use it for touch-ups throughout the day, or as a setting powder over my foundation or tinted moisturizer. Some people use it as a bronzer too.
I think it provides the PERFECT amount of coverage. The light-to-medium coverage is enough to even out skintone and cover some minor blemishes. I also really do like the finish. It has a lovely natural satin finish that looks flawless under all lighting.
I do get slightly oily by the end of the day, but I don't mind touching up once or twice. That said, this isn't a powder that's meant to control oil, so I don't recommend this for those with oily skin.
The packaging is in the classic black MAC compact, although I'm not very fond of it. The little clear window on the lid isn't attached to the lid at all as you might think; it's actually a flimsy thin plastic thing that always falls off. I prefer a built-in mirror, or a least something that's attached and won't fall off. The compact itself is durable, at least. Packaging earns a rating of a 2.
The price is very reasonable. For $29, you get 0.35 oz. of product. Doesn't sound like a lot, but if you just do a light dusting on your whole face, this product should last you a while. Also, I should add that MAC is actually cheap compared to other high-end brands, so you're getting a good deal! (:
Would I repurchase? Yes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

HG material right here!
I put off buying this for so long because of the price tag and even tried to find dupes for it (the Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder is not one). Finally, I caved in and bought it..so glad that I did!!
I'm a NC30 and initially thought I wanted Medium Plus but the SA suggested Medium Dark would better suit me. Good thing I listened to her! I received Medium Plus in a swap just to try it out and my sister in law & boyfriend both said it was too light for me.
I looked up different ways to apply this. At first, I used a kabuki brush like everyone suggested but I felt that my face was a different color than my neck. So I just lightly dust it all over my face after I apply foundation and concealer. The end result? Poreless, polished, and glow-y skin! My boyfriend even said that it didn't even look like I was wearing make up. Isn't that how make up is supposed to look?!
I love this and there's quite a lot of product for a 30ish$ price tag so I don't see myself running out anytime soon. Does not come with mirror or sponge and I don't carry it around in my make up bag so I can't say anything about it's durability.

This is a SETTING POWDER, not a foundation people! Remember that. It has sheer-low coverage. Also, I'm combo/normal and this didn't exacerbate any oilies and actually keeps me normal all day. Didn't break me out either, thank goodness!

NC30-35// Oily skin. This seemed like the perfect match. The finish looks great and all at first... Until the end of the day when I realized it oxidized and turned a half a shade darker. I personally don't like the look as it made me look muddy. Played around with it one day at home, swatched the back of my hand heavily and decided to spray some Evian water (pretend it's sweat and oil) to see what happened, and my prediction came true as I saw it completely darken the min. The water hit the powder :( still debating if I want to get Medium plus, cause I'm scared that it will also oxidize.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I use this as my foundation because I don't need a lot of coverage and I use a kabuki brush with it. I would recommend using a big fluffy brush if you're using it as a setting powder though because the kabuki would make your face look too powdery. I've noticed if I put too much on, it kind of looks powdery so i usually spray myself with mac's charged water to avoid it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to love this product, really I did. But it breaks me out like a MOFO! It has quite a few pore-clogging ingredients in it (mainly ISOPROPYL PALMITATE) and I'm really suprised that more people aren't breaking out from this too as it is very high on the acne inducing list. It also contains bismuth, which is a known irritant especially for sensitive skin. Every time I used this my face *which rarely breaks out unless I'm hormonal) would be covered in whiteheads. Ughhh.

The finish it gives is pretty nice but can be easily duped for a cheaper pressed powder, I'm sure. It left my face looking matte/satiny, and didn't look cakey. Used over foundation it didn't help to control oil at all though *I have normal-combo skin* and by itself it gave a nice natural looking light coverage.

I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I initially bought this to dust over a foundation that I got that was a few shades too light for me. It darkened my face up perfectly and gave a nice finish.

Now that it's the summer time and I've gotten more color on my face, I just use it over moisturizer (and concealer where needed) and it evens my skin out without having a powdery finish. Mind you the coverage is light, but if you have a few problem spots and a good concealer, you should be fine.

I've gotten SO many comments on how great my skin looks and it looks so natural that my boyfriend thought I had stopped using any foundation/powder on my face.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Just bought this product and i LOVE it.. im an NC44 i am however torn btween medium dark and dark.. as you know there is NOT much coverage in this and that gives room..however, im VERY golden.. the medium/dark seemed pinker and the dark is more Gold/bronze.. i swatched and neither is really darker than the other.. can anyone help me? i got dark although i was recommended medium/deep/ However.. just wndering what others thought THANKS!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

In my ongoing search for products, I acquired this one for use on my clients who have mid tone complexions and want a sculpted look -- now I have just about every sculpting product made, and every dark powder that comes across my hands is up for consideration. I had not given this mineralized product much thought until I started to play around with it and found that the color works perfectly for 2.5 to 4.0 skins by using it to sculpt cheekbones and diminish jowls and other "imperfections" (not my term but many of my clients feel they are imperfect)... especially for photography.

With wedding season coming up this will prove to be a great help in sculpting faces.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product makes my skin look amazing w/ or w/o foundation.