MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

Filtered by skin type : Dry

4.4

I love this powder! It matches my skin tone perfectly, sets my makeup without looking too cakey, and lasts all day :) I'd definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

NC20-25 neutral undertone. I use the color Medium as an all over setting powder from time to time but I love Med Dark as a BRONZER. It's the perfect color that I buff along my hairline, cheekbones, neck and light dusting across my nose. It's far too warm to use as a real contour color (I used NYX Taupe for that) but this is amazing when I want to warm up my skin. It lasts all day, no fading and looks really natural. Have gone through 3 of these in the past 5 years and will continue to repurchase!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

MAC's mineralize skinfinish naturals, and the skinfinishes are great powders.This was my first skin finish and I use it regularly. I don't like to wear foundation, and this powder gives me the perfect amount of coverage for my red areas and blemishes when they occur. This paired with a concealer is all I need to accomplish the skin I desire. I also have dry skin and this works so well despite that. It never cakes and can be used wet to get that dewy look.

I use this mostly under my eyes and all over during winter months. I also have medium deep and I use them both equally. This is a. Great match for my golden undertones. I'm a nc44 for reference.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have to say I am for sure now that I am NOT a mac girl I will just stick to blushes, and shadows.
This powder broke me out like crazy! All over I am in to my second week of treatment and no makeup to heal it it also made my creases like laugh lines more noticeble. It is going back to mac!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Once again I'm reading these reviews and it honestly makes me laugh a little. Make up is NOT magic. It is just for enhancing purposes. People expect way too much out of products that can only do so much. Everyone has different skin and the way I see it, your make up will only look as good as you want it to be if your skin is taken care of. You cannot expect ONE powder product to magically make you look flawless. I am a make up artist. I know what products work best for each person I am working with. This powder is incredibly for a drier skin type...not so much oily. It is a mineral powder so it is NOT powdery looking it is very silky and hydrating to the skin. It is buildable so you can keep building it for added coverage. I just use it on top of my foundation to set it. It is great by itself on top of moisturizer and primer. I love this product and will always use it. The best powder for a normal-dry skin type.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I think I expected the wrong thing from this product. I wanted a powder to seal in my foundation but I also wanted a powder I could wear over a tinted moisturizer for days when I didn't want to wear heavy makeup. It's a bit too sheer for me. However it's very fine and gives a smooth finish. There are also bits of glitter which I find are a teensy bit too chunky (I have an old pot of L'Oreal Translucide which gives a finer, smoother finish). I wanted to escape the mess of a loose powder but although MSFN is great over makeup I can't use it any other way which is a negative for me because for that money I want it to work in lots of ways for me.

Also, I've been using it for a week now and have two hard pimples on my cheek :/ I'm bummed because I'd heard so many good things!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I only use this because i'm pregnant and needed something affordable to throw on quick on those days i feel like crap and don't feel like doing my makeup lol. I don't understand all the hooplah this product gets because it's not all that and there are waaaay better powder products on the market that are well suited for more of a multitude of complexions and undertones. For this to suit me better it needs more yellow...needs to not oxidize slightly...and a tiny bit more coverage. I ain't complaining too much because it does what i need it to do for the meantime. I do like how it doesn't feel heavy and cakey though..that's a plus. I won't re-purchase once i'm done.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I LOVE this!! I actually have a lighter skintone than this, but I like using it to just warm up my face, and it still gives me a little more coverage.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had this tried on me at the MAC store in Janurary and I LOVED the natural glow it gave me, the MAC artist didn't tell me what shade I was though she just put it on me and rushed to help another costumer. Shock! But I loved the way it looked on me and I think medium dark would be the perfect color for me (I am NW30 in Studio Sculpt Foundation and NW33 in Studio Fix Fluid) but Which shade should I chose for this cause I love it so much! I don't mind being a bit lighter or a bit darker.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I didn't like this at first because it didn't give me enough coverage (or it would but it would look cakey on my dry skin). The MUA told me that I could get more coverage if I sprayed fix+ on my brush, dipped the brush in the compact and then apply. BAD ADVICE, it hardened a layer of my MSF. I ended up having to scrape off the first layer (which didn't wast too much product but was annoying).

After that I just didn't know how to use it beyond using my Sigma F82 and getting decent coverage. However, I've lately been using it as a light setting powder under light liquid foundation with a Sigma's blush brush - this not only sets my foundation but gives me just enough coverage w/o looking cakey at all. It makes my makeup last all day! I'm glad I found a way to use it - I'm satisfied. I would possibly repurchase if I don't find something better.