MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the worst M.A.C product I've ever bought (and I'm something of a "M.A.C-tard"). Within the first month of purchasing in Germany, the powder hardened into rock and it is impossible to retrieve any sort of colour from it. I've tried with a brush, sponge and my finger - none of them pick up any colour or finish from the product. No wonder it was making absolutely no difference to my face (so natural it looked almost nonexistent - well, it was!). I will not repurchase and will be very wary of purchasing any other powder from this brand.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't see what's so great about this powder at all! Firstly, in no way can it be used as a powder foundation alone - the coverage is so sheer, it's non existent. I put some on my cheeks, both wet and dry (using ELF Mineral Powder Brush and a sponge) and didn't notice the difference at all. If anything, it made me quite pink, which is really weird because I'm NC43-ish with yellow/brown undertones! The same thing happened when I tried it as a setting powder over my liquid foundation. When I spoke to a MAC MUA about it, she said something about the way it's pressed makes it turn pink on application - apparently!

I won't be buying this again, and I'm currently using Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation, which is much better than this!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I hate this product. It made me break out all over my face. Now I have acne scars that I am trying to cover up. It took a full week of me not wearing this product in order for my skin to not break out.I will be going back to Urban Decay's Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup powder (Mirage) soon. At least Urban Decay doesn't break me out or make me look orange.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I wish under the buy again selection there was a Hells no option. This looked really pretty and offered surprising coverage paired with fix+ and 188. The first day I tried it I noticed a very, very slight itch. The second day, the itch got worse and my skin started to feel like it was burning. I got a few small red bumps and rashes on my skin and I had really small marks that looked like my skin was burned. Within a day the "burn" marks healed color-wise, but my skin was very chaffed and peeled. No amount of moisturizer or exfoliating could help the peeling, although it did help with the small burn marks. It's day 3 (not wearing the crap) and my skin looks like its recovering. In the trash this goes!

NC30-35// Oily skin. This seemed like the perfect match. The finish looks great and all at first... Until the end of the day when I realized it oxidized and turned a half a shade darker. I personally don't like the look as it made me look muddy. Played around with it one day at home, swatched the back of my hand heavily and decided to spray some Evian water (pretend it's sweat and oil) to see what happened, and my prediction came true as I saw it completely darken the min. The water hit the powder :( still debating if I want to get Medium plus, cause I'm scared that it will also oxidize.

Maybe I'm using this wrong but it made my pores look HUGE and added a grainy texture to my skin - am I using too much? I used it all over my face because I wanted a *glow* but this made my foundation (MUFE Mat+) look horrible, it glowed but in the wrong way, more glittery which isnt good for day time, n I used a kabuki brush to apply it... any suggestions?

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This went on very beautiful, airbrushed and a nice natural glow. A few hours later -- I looked like I was auditioning to be an Oompa Lompa for Charlie & The Chocolate Factory. My face was so orange and shiny that it was embarrassing enough to send me home. For my NC43 complexion...initially, I thought it was going to be too light but this oxidizes way too much for me. I know I should probably consider a little color but this was too YUCK and shiny for me. Back to the store it went!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Wanted to love this product - however, it broke me out (I use other Mac blushes/powders and they've been fine) and it doesn't have the coverage I would like. I was hoping this would replace my Benefit Hello Flawless Powder (great coverage and blends seamlessly) but it is more of a setting powder, has very light coverage, and seemed to spark a series of little bumps on my forehead/nose area. Will be returning.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have to say I am for sure now that I am NOT a mac girl I will just stick to blushes, and shadows.
This powder broke me out like crazy! All over I am in to my second week of treatment and no makeup to heal it it also made my creases like laugh lines more noticeble. It is going back to mac!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

When I was NW20/15 in the summer, I used this as a contour and bronzer. I liked how buildable it was, and easy to manipulate. However, now that it is late in the year and I am NW10, it is too dark and orange for my skin. BuhBye MSFN!

Edit: Tried using as a contour powder again. Got alot of feedback that it is just far too orange for my skin tone.