MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

Filtered by age: 44-55

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm about NW15 normally, but I'm using self-tanner on my body, so I wanted to warm up my face a bit. I was really hesitant to go any darker than the medium, but decided to give this a try. Actually, it's not all that dark, and it's a very, very sheer product, so it adds a beautiful finish and just the right amount of color for me this summer. I apply this with a MAC 187 brush, so I get a very light application. I will buy a lighter MSFN when fall/winter comes, but for now this is perfect. I use this over my MUFE F&B foundation and set if all with Fix+. The glow this gives me is really something else.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

In my ongoing search for products, I acquired this one for use on my clients who have mid tone complexions and want a sculpted look -- now I have just about every sculpting product made, and every dark powder that comes across my hands is up for consideration. I had not given this mineralized product much thought until I started to play around with it and found that the color works perfectly for 2.5 to 4.0 skins by using it to sculpt cheekbones and diminish jowls and other "imperfections" (not my term but many of my clients feel they are imperfect)... especially for photography.

With wedding season coming up this will prove to be a great help in sculpting faces.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this after seeing lots of MAC makeup collections and hauls on YouTube. I thought, "Hey, everyone has the several MSFs, so there must be something really great about this!" I went to the MAC counter and asked about the MSFs and she put the Medium Dark and the Light on me. Even though I am fair, she suggested the Medium Dark shade since I have rosacea and she said it seemed to tone down some of the red. I apply the stuff in the morning with a large fluffy brush, but it doesn't do anything at all for me. When I apply it with a powder puff to get more coverage, it's too dark. I am taking this back for a refund and I wouldn't purchase it again.