MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

Filtered by age: 19-24

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Used this powder for a while now and absolutely love it! My skin is NC15 but I use this is the colour this as my bronzer (as the bronzers in mac are too dark for my skin tone). I absolutely love it, it warmed up my skin and helps set my makeup in place! It lasts such a long time and is super natural looking on the skin! Love it and repurchased it at least 3 times!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I use this powder to set my foundation. It is so finely milled and does not cake at all. I got mine at a cosmetic company outlet store for only 22, so I was happy with the price. It comes with so much product too!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool

I never really thought the MSFN was all that special and stopped using it for a while, when I started using it again I got compliments on how my skin looked brighter/glowing and its pretty much been a staple ever since! Took off a lippie because I do have to put a translucent powder on my T-zone since this powder isn't very good at oil absorbing. Not all too fond of the packaging (pretty sure if I dropped it, it would crack) however I've heard that its changed and it now comes with an attached mirror so I guess thats no longer an issue!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have been self tanning quite a bit lately, and found that my usual shade Medium Plus was getting a little too light, so I purchased this in the next shade up - Medium Dark. It matches my current skintone PERFECTLY. This powder is ultra luxurious and it gives my skin a satiny, radiant glow. I also love to use it as a crease shade or transition shade on the eyes - perfect. I think it will work well as a light bronzer to warm up my contours as well. $30 is a little pricey, but this stuff will last me a long time, so it's more than worth it. I love MAC.
xo

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love this powder! I have it in medium dark which is slightly light for me but doesn't give a grey cast at all. The micro-particles leave a smooth finish on my skin and lovely glow. In summer when I go foundation free this is my go-to, nice light coverage. This isn't so great for keeping the shine at bay however but it does give a dewy effect in summer if that's the look you're going for. I will definitely repurchase it, and probably use a mattifying powder just for my t-zone.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I am NC40 and for awhile I have been trying to find the right powder to set my foundation and concealer. I love this powder! I buffed it into my face after applying my MAC Studio Fix Fluid and it works so well together! On work days or when I don't want to wear foundation because my skin is looking great, I'll just apply a face primer then buff it into my skin. I love that it doesn't look cakey or powdery. It cost me $30 at the MAC counter and for me that is quite pricey but it was worth it. I would definitely buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm on the fence about this. I have this twisted relationship with it that causes me to love it, yet hate it at the same time. Before I start my review, I would just like to point out the fact that this is NOT a powder foundation. On MAC's website, they suggest using it to set liquid foundation or touch up during the day. If you're trying to use a powder as sheer as this as foundation, of course you're going to despise it.

Anyhow. I'm NC40/42 (depending on the time of year) and was matched to 'Medium Dark'. I don't like this shade at all. Most women with tanned skin are also warm complected. This powder is very cool with strong pink undertones, and appears a little ashy/gray when applied. It's not a huge issue since it's very sheer, but I still feel like they should have made this warmer.

As I said earlier, this provides VERY sheer, almost non-existent coverage. For this reason, it's nice to set liquid foundations when you want something light that won't look masky. Don't expect to get any additional coverage from this though. The SA mentioned that this can also be applied wet, but I have not tried this. I imagine that it would give better coverage that way. BTW- IF YOU ARE GOING TO EXPERIMENT WITH APPLYING THIS WET, REMEMBER THAT YOU CANNOT REVERT TO APPLYING IT DRY AGAIN AFTER. ONCE YOU WET IT, IT CHANGES THE TEXTURE.

The finish for this is matte, but not flat and powdery. That's what I really love about this powder. It doesn't give me a chalky, unnatural finish (*cough cough* Studio Fix Powder). It's actually virtually undetectable on the skin. It builds quite nicely as well.

As far as oil control goes? This is nothing special. If you have oily skin like me, this probably won't do much for you. But it will set foundation beautifully for combo/dry skinned girls who don't need much oil control.

I like the packaging, but I do wish that it had a mirror like Studio Fix Powder. Also, the clear plastic casing pops out a lot (no bother I guess, since it can easily be popped back in).

I recommend applying this with a dense kabuki (such as MAC's 182). This product works best when really buffed into the skin (like all mineral powders).

I do like this, but it's not my favorite. I like a setting powder with better oil control (isn't that the whole point of powder?), and that comes in a better color range than this. I can see why some women would love it though. If you have the right complexion and skin type for this, it could work quite beautifully.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This has to be my favorite setting powder I have ever gone through. Just a small sweep of this over the face with your 182 or any kabuki and your face is left with a perfect natural look. It can also be used on it's own if you want sheer to medium coverage, as well as used wet for medium to heavy coverage. MAC knew what they were doing with this. This product gets an A+++ from me. I absolutely LOVE IT!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Wanted to love this product - however, it broke me out (I use other Mac blushes/powders and they've been fine) and it doesn't have the coverage I would like. I was hoping this would replace my Benefit Hello Flawless Powder (great coverage and blends seamlessly) but it is more of a setting powder, has very light coverage, and seemed to spark a series of little bumps on my forehead/nose area. Will be returning.

I use this to contour my cheeks on my NW20 skin and it works brilliantly. Beautiful, definitely recommend.