RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

Filtered by eye Color : Green
RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum
Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, THE, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ammonium Acrylo/VP Copolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, , Nylon-12, Retinol, Copper Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower), Tocopherol, Laureth 23, Butylene Glycol, Pentelyn Glycol, , Laureth-4, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Polyacrylamide, Allantoin, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Laureth 7, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Hydroxyphenal Propramidobenzoic Acid, Yellow 5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This product actually aged me further. :( I received new wrinkles as a result of using it- now I need to look at saving for fillers to repair the damage. :( So disappointed and my self confidence is even worse now... First week, my skin actually did appear to look a little better and a bit brighter. But after almost a month, my skin is actually in worse shape than it was before using the serum! Price point is not too bad ($14 at Walmart), and this stuff didn't give me any acne (which was a huge plus at the time as I have very acne prone skin). Loved the pretty bottle, had a luxurious feel. I even liked the smell and feel of the product. But the added wrinkles are a MASSIVE disappointment for a product that is supposed to HELP wrinkles. Not looking forward to injections... If you want to appear older at a quicker rate (I don't know, maybe you're in a hurry to grow old, lol), then this will do the trick. You'll age 10 years in about 2 weeks time!

on 8/1/2018 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is some serious stuff here! I've been trying and using a lot of different products for some time now and I do not have sensitive skin at all. Very few products have been so uncomfortable or irritating that I couldn't tolerate it and this is one of them. I have used and do use retinol products. I actually use the roc retinol night cream with no issues at all. This serum made my face red, irritated, uncomfortable and I discontinued use pretty soon after starting. I tried decreasing frequency of use to mixing it with my moisturizer and when none of these worked i went back to the retinol night cream and stopped using this. Then my skin went back to normal. This may be a good wrinkle problem but my skin could not take it. I recommend trying the retinol night cream by rox instead.

on 7/7/2018 8:07:00 AM

I will NEVER buy a department store serum brand again after buying this on a whim! Wow after 1 week of use my 47 year old skin looks AMAZING! I pair this with my Olay Regenerist moisturizer, Smashbox primer and LancĂ´me Regenerist foundation and my skin looks amazing! Fine lines are gone and skin looks plumped!

on 5/21/2018 1:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I'm surprised to see that I've never reviewed this product, since I've repurchased it many times. I really like the pump packaging. It's reasonably priced (around $22) and widely available at drugstores and grocery stores (as well as Ulta) in the U.S.

OK, now they are saying that one must start using retinols practically from infancy, so I have several that I rotate around. No one product gets all my love! RoC has an effective retinol that has contributed to my much improved complexion over the past 5 years. Probably worth 4 or 5 times its price. There is a fragrance, and you can either tolerate it or you can't. I don't mind this one. I hate L'Oreal's (but neither seems to irritate my skin).

I generally don't use this as a layering product. I use it either alone at night, often in warmer weather when I don't feel like I need much moisture; or I use it in the morning as a sort of makeup primer. It does have an immediate smoothing effect in addition to the longer term ones.

on 6/7/2016 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I was really (super) faithful to Olay serum for years but this has quickly become my new BFF. My skin and wrinkles look so much better with Roc Retinol Deep Wrinkle Serum. Less appts to the Botox doctor which is great!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

I recently received this is a beauty box, and was pleased to try it since I've never used anything from this line. After only about a week of use, I really began to notice a difference. I get this weird thing around the perimeter of my face most noticeable around my hairline, where it feels like little tiny nodules in the skin it drives me crazy. I could never "see" anything just could feel them. Probably just debris collecting in the pores. I've tried scrubs, masks, and multiple diy treatments. Even my clarsonic never totally did away with them. Once I had used this about a week, the little nodules were definitely less noticeable. My skin visibily seemed brighter and more luminious. Now I don't feel them anymore. I use this serum at night, after I wash my face, but before my moisturizer. I learned not to use it on or around my nose cause it seemed to be a little too drying there, but everywhere else on my face. While I'm not a fan of the smell of this, it's not that off putting that I wouldn't use it. And when I use this up I plan to purchase this little jewel again.

I just this past week had to have outpatient surgery, and that morning from the nice lady that checked me in, to every single nurse that took care of me that day, commented on how beautiful my complexion is. I'm 56 I don't expect those kind of comments anymore. And most of them wanted to know my secret. Baby wash, Olay moisturizer, and this. This product being the the key.

If you've never used a serum, try this, it is worth it!

on 6/10/2013 8:45:00 AM

Have been using this product for 9 weeks now, 2x a day, morning and night after washing my face. I smooth it all over my face and neck, let it dry, then top with a light moisturizer (SPF 15 for day). I absolutely without a doubt notice a change in my skin! No joke, this stuff works. 1) fine lines much less noticeable 2) skin tone evened out 3) small discolorations gone 4) face looks "fresh". The biggest applause for this stuff is that I'm now perfectly comfortable with how my skin looks when I don't have make up on - this serum is that good. Previously I felt I always need some kind of foundation. When I do use make up I still use powder foundation and haven't had any problems applying after using this product.

I'm middle-aged, fair skin. Even using this product twice a day right from the start I didn't have any reaction - no redness, irritation, etc. I do feel a moisturizer is needed after the serum dries, a light moisturizer that according to Roc should not also contain retinol/anti-aging product.

I've also had great results from Mary Kay's similar products - however it's so much easier to grab things when I'm out at the store than ordering from a rep (sorry Mary Kay). This was actually on sale when I bought it, but I would definitely pay full price (which is around $20). It's pricier than other similar store brands but MUCH cheaper than the serums sold at department store make up counters. And, it's worth every penny spent. This is good stuff.

The bottle is 1 oz, small and classy looking, pump dispenser - which is nice b/c only a little bit is needed. Roc recommends sunscreen/care in the sun when using this product as it can increase sensitivity to the sun. I didn't notice a big increase in sun sensitivity, but then again I wasn't applying this and then going to the beach for the day. So, not sure about that. I guess just be a little extra careful in the sun while using this product.

Overall - very good product, will definitely buy this again (as in, buying more before this even runs out!). Yeah! :)

I read quite a few of the posts and was surprised that some posters felt it caused blemishes and had a strong odor. I didn't find either to be true. This is a serum and doesn't serve as a moisturizer so you need to add one after it dries. I didn't notice any odor and have had no breakouts. I find it diminishes my finer wrinkles and makes my skin smoother. I recommend this to friends who comment on my skin and will continue to use it. Very satisfied.

on 8/1/2011 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for about 1 month, every other night. I did get some pimples but nothing too bad, no flaking was noticed. My skin looks pretty good overall but whether or not lines were diminished, I don't know. Kinda hard to 'actually' measure that! I will say that the smell is horrific! Not quite sure if I'll repurchase but I'm not totally against it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product. I will make this short and sweet though - bottom line - this product made me break out in zits. I rarely ever have a blemish but this stuff gave me a lot at the same time. I have combo skin that is usually sensitive. If I ever react to a product its because I break out in a rash from sensitivity, but this made me break out in zits instead. :(