RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum
Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

4.2

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, THE, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ammonium Acrylo/VP Copolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, , Nylon-12, Retinol, Copper Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower), Tocopherol, Laureth 23, Butylene Glycol, Pentelyn Glycol, , Laureth-4, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Polyacrylamide, Allantoin, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Laureth 7, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Hydroxyphenal Propramidobenzoic Acid, Yellow 5

on 7/9/2016 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Wow. I knew I should be using a retinol, but got scared off after trying retin-a and renova - both made me peel and flake like crazy. I looked horrible and couldn't push past that "worse before it's better" phase. With this, it works with zero ugly side effects!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

In the past, my mother gave a sample bottle of Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair to me. Didn't notice a difference in my skin. In all fairness, didn't use it more than a couple of weeks. The sample bottle was small, and after one week of using it, the remaining serum hung out at the bottom of the bottle. What I did take note of during my brief period using a serum, is I really like the feel of serum on my skin. It's soft, liquid texture felt soothing to my skin.

While at the drugstore, noticed Roc Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum on the shelf. Purchased it on a whim, and went about my merry way. Would much rather pay a drugstore price for a serum than department store price.

The texture of Roc serum is a soft, gel like liquid and feels soothing when applied to the skin. There is a peculiar odor. It doesn't smell of a bouquet of flowers, but look on the bright side, it doesn't reek of yesterday's garbage, either. :)

After one week of use, noticed my skin felt softer and appeared brighter. Another plus is serum prepares my skin to receive moisturizer and foundation. Moisturizer absorbs better and require less amount of foundation for coverage.

Roc Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum isn't going to give one the appearance of going under the scapel, but it will make skin softer and brighter. This is my third week using it, so who knows, it might eventually diminish the appearance fine lines.

on 5/20/2014 1:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've already bought my second bottle of this stuff. Best product I have ever used on my face, hands down. I had previously tried lemon juice, but it became too drying and I could tell daily use on my face was starting to irritate it, judging by hardened white heads popping up. So I came across something about retinols. I had tried Differin as a teen, but as soon as I began to flake and turn red, I stopped - the doctor hadn't mentioned to me that this happens. But anyway..I have been using this for a few weeks so far. I use a 3-4 drops of this serum morning & night. I haven't noticed any tingling or burning upon application. My skin hasn't dried or become flaky either, but I have naturally oily skin. I let my skin dry for 20-30 minutes after washing, then rub the serum in gently. I have always had bad skin, but I kid you not - this morning I woke up and my mouth dropped - I am in shock! My hyperpigmentation on my cheeks is going away! My skin looked fresh, alive, glowy. The tone is completely evening out, the minor wrinkles I have from sun damage, etc. have yet to completely fade away, but everything is looking unbelievably better. I am so happy. The first week that I began this treatment, I had a few minor flare-ups (perhaps purging?), but they healed quickly due to the retinol, and now my face is pimple free and beginning to look like I actually have GOOD skin. I highly recommend this product and I have sworn to myself to only buy this - no more being tempted from marketing campaigns to stray away, because this stuff totally works for my skin. For those with dry or sensitive skin, I don't know if I'd recommend because I know retinols. This is HG status

1-month update: skin is still doing great, even getting better. My breakouts aren't as bad, and if I do get a pimple it's gone very quickly. Hyperpigmentation is fading. I've also gone back to supplementing with evening primrose oil because my breakouts are always hormonal & it's helping immensely - try if you need a little extra boost, great skin benefits. I also use my other favorite product olay microdermabrasion kit twice a week. my skin LOVES both of these products! will update again in a month or so, but so far, so very very good!

on 1/16/2014 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this product because I prefer serums to creams since I have oily skin. Serums are generally lighter and are quickly absorbed. I was surprised at how good this serum is. After using it for only a week my skin was clearer with more refined pores and over-all a younger appearance. Deep lines seems less noticeable too. The surface of the skin is fresher looking. Usually I also have reddish areas around the chin and nose and these are much reduced. I'm impressed by the improvement. It does burn slightly on application but it's not much more than a tingle. Some retinol products are much harsher. I don't find there is much if any irritation. I can even use it around my eyes without any problem. The serum comes in an easy to use pump bottle that dispenses one large drop. I apply this one drop over a damp face from the shower at night. That's all you really need. I only use it at night but there is no reason why you couldn't wear it during the daytime as well. It does have a noticeable perfume which some may object to. It's a nice citrus-y smell but very definitely there. The pump bottle works well though isn't great for travel.

I had to stop the Walgreens glycolic stuff, as it was making my skin peel and itch. I thought I'd pick this up from Kmart, for $21.99, and I'm so glad that I did! I Love the smell and it really has helped clear up my skin and keep it soft. Not BIG on eradicating the wrinkles, but they have softened, so it's a winner for me and my oily skin. I like the gold glass bottle and the pump. Dispenses very little at a time. Not very moisturizing, but it is a serum. LOVIN' it so far! Also, I find it firms my skin a bit. UPDATE:Guess this stuff must be working out better than I thought! At a recent baby shower, I was told that I had lovely clear skin. That was, indeed, quite nice to hear!

on 6/10/2011 10:57:00 PM

I'm older than most commenters here. This works somewhat and is not as harsh as Retin-A from the dermotologist. However, the smell is unpleasant.

on 5/14/2011 10:54:00 PM

This is the best retinol serum you can buy at mass market retailers. I absolutely love it! Have been using it for a few yrs and can definitely say my skin looks great. I use one pump amount 5 nights a week and it has really made me look younger-my face is smoother. It is a little expensive-but I get it on sale to save a few $. I highly recommend!

on 4/23/2011 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

The Holy Grail of serums! In one treatment worn under my night cream I woke to much firmer, brighter skin, and noticeably shallower lines around my eyes, forehead and mouth! I'm a believer!

This review is for the Walgreen's brand equivalent of Roc Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum. Same stuff but about $7.00 less.

This is a FABULOUS product, but you need to know a couple of things about it or you will curse the day you ever bought it.

First of all, whoever came up with the directions for this stuff should be beaten. It says to apply twice daily, morning and night. Well most of you know that retinol makes your skin very sensitive to sun so you should never apply in the AM. Even if you applied this only at night it would still be too much.

I use this every 3rd night. Even with that I still get some minor flakies, but nothing that can't be moisturized away. My skin is far from sensitive, yet I can't imagine the damage I would do if I applied it more often than that. No wonder people get cystic acne from this - their skin is revolting from over use.

I can totally see why people go overboard with this. It DOES give you a beautiful glow and will improve your skin texture dramatically. You might think that if a little works well than a lot will work even better. Not so! Avoid the temptation and save your skin.

Also, you REALLY need to moisturize on top of this. Personally I like to pop open a vitamin E capsule and glop it over the top after the retinol has soaked in for about half an hour.

Use this product responsibly and consistently and most likely it will make you very happy!

Roc ROCKS! This is GREAT! Secret is too apply moisturizer afrer serum dries. I reccomend Roc's uplifting day moisturizer w/ SPF. Skin looks so much better! Try looking for it at Marshalls ot TG Max. Cheaper there.