RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum
Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, THE, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ammonium Acrylo/VP Copolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, , Nylon-12, Retinol, Copper Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower), Tocopherol, Laureth 23, Butylene Glycol, Pentelyn Glycol, , Laureth-4, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Polyacrylamide, Allantoin, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Laureth 7, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Hydroxyphenal Propramidobenzoic Acid, Yellow 5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used this during the first half of April 2017 whilst applying the ROC Deep wrinkle night cream on the other side of my face for a good comparison (more about that in a separate review). I built up my skins' tolerance level which is something I suggest anyone new to retinol should do, by applying every 3rd day, then every 2nd and eventually nightly. I also recommend stopping use of all retinol products at least once every year to avoid reaching the dreaded 'retinol plateau' that others have mentioned.

Anyhow back onto the product. I preferred the light texture of this to the night cream and that it didn't sit on my skin but sank in quite easily. Retinol does work! Even in the short amount of time that I used it my pores did look more refined and my skin tone overall fresher and smoother. However, with 3 types of silicones in the formulation that joy would be short-lived. By day 10 I was already breaking out, despite the gaps in between without use. Bottom line is: if your skin does not like silicones go with another brand that doesn't list 'Cyclopentasiloxane' or 'Dimethicone' in its ingredients list. Unfortunately at the time of using these (and many other silicone-containing products) I was never able to make the connection.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/16/2018 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just started using this about a week ago, and I'm in love! The first day I tried it, I applied it over a ripe, red zit that was forming, and by morning, it was gone! It feels great on the skin. I wish I had started using this a long time ago. Basically, I'm now in my 40s, and I'm trying to get rid of fine lines, age spots, and large pores. I'll update this review later to report any changes!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When my holy grail RoC Multi Correxion Skin Renewing Serum in the blue bottle was discontinued (I miss it.. my skin responded wonderfully to it & it smelled like maple syrup) I decided to try out the RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Serum. Now, I don't have deep wrinkles. I do have the beginnings of noticeable lines around my eyes though... probably from years of pulling my eyes open when putting in contacts + the really bad habit of rubbing my eyes. Anyhow, I'm in my mid twenties so now is as good a time as any to start using an anti-aging product.

This retinol serum really agrees with my skin. The texture is silky. The smell is sort of musty... it's very unpleasant but I appreciate that there are no artificial fragrances. My fine lines appear softer. I've also noticed that when I have a breakout & use this a few nights in a row it basically completely clears up my skin.

The cons are that if you put too much of this on your skin will feel tingly or a slight burning sensation. You want to be sure to use just enough & not overdo it. Also this will dry your skin out slightly but if you use a moisturizer after you won't have that problem.

I usually use this on days I don't exfoliate so as not to overly irritate my skin. It's less than $15 at the drugstore I believe, & for that price this product performs phenomenally, IMO. The only reason I won't repurchase is because I'll be going for a cruelty-free serum when this one is done.

Loved this stuff! Don't have severe wrinkles yet, but used this to prevent. Noticed significant clearing of my pores and acne scars. Made my skin soft and bright

However! This is impossible to find in EU now. :( The whole Correxion line has been done away with here in the Netherlands. Can't find anything comparable

I am in love with this product. I received it free in a beauty box and have never been so happy to repurchase a skin care product before. This works on my skin. It works! I have tried at least a dozen other "wrinkle eraser" products and, while at best they are nice and moisturizing and at worst they make me break out, they don't do anything for the lines that are cropping up around my eyes. This product has softened those crow's feet considerably. It's also diminished the crepey skin on my eyelids.I feel like I've turned back the clock about 5-6 years (before my second and third boys.Trust me when I say that having three boys gives you wrinkles!). The serum itself is soft and non-greasy. It sinks in almost immediately, although there is a slight sticky feeling I get when I'm lying on my pillow at night. It's definitely not a deal breaker, though. The smell is not my favorite; it reminds me of self-tanner smell but again, not a deal breaker. Despite those two small ticks against it, in my opinion it is well, well worth the price for the results. My skin looks glowy and soft. The hyperpigmentation I have on my upper lip (in the shape of a moustache, thankyouverymuch) has started to fade! That alone is worth it to me. And my eyes look bright and really much less lined and careworn. I've not noticed any stinging, redness or dryness on my already dry skin and the bottle is really a nice, heavy glass bottle with a pump and a cover to keep the end of the pump from getting that globby blob of dried up product in it.
I've used this product before bed for about a month now and I am tickled to my toes by the results. I don't even need primer under my foundation anymore. I'm not kidding! I hope if you try this stuff it works as well for you as it did for me. I will repurchase again and again.

on 9/30/2015 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Hello , I have gotten so many review reads from my review on R.O.C deep wrinkle serum. I am amazed so many women are reading reviews for R.O.C Serum. Thank you, all who have read my review on this serum and have given a "thumbs up" as helpful review.....
Update: 9-30-2015
As to date, I am still using R.O.C. deep wrinkel serum. I have repeatedly been told that I don't look my age, and I turned 59 yrs in June 2015. Most people believe I'm 40-ish and I don't think that is too bad considering that I am almost 60 yrs. old. I do contribute my young-ish looks to good Hispanic genes, and good every night application of R.O.C deep wrinkle serum, eating good, maintaining good weight, and choleterol with workouts. But I do use and have consistently used R.O.C. deep wrinkle serum. I am not so Computer savvy and posting pictures (I would post one), wish I did know more about all this technology. But currently am being taken for 40-ish and have been asked for I.D. when trying to recieve my "senior discount". I continue to moisturize dailey with R.O.C serum day and night, always, and dailey use of sunscreen 30, or greater every day, even on my hands. We must always keep a tube of sunscreen in our vehicles to keep out the rays of the sun especially in Summer. Good day to all, and keep up the fountain of youth in What YOU do! It's not in a tube, but in our own self image. Thanks for reading....
P.s. I really don't get paid for a good R.O.C review, this is truely my own review and post. I post what I know only from personal use of the product.

on 4/30/2014 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

This serum literally transformed my delicate skin! At first, I was looking for a product that would be a preventative measure for the horrid signs of aging as it is easier to prevent now as opposed to cure later; however, I had no idea that it would significantly benefit my skin now! The very first night I distributed the serum on to my face, my skin instantly glowed and felt incredibly smooth (something I am not used to as my skin is very dry and problematic). I usually know by the first couple uses of a product whether or not I will like it and this was no exception. I instantly loved it and still do!

Flakes, dry patches, redness, ruddiness, and hyper pigmentation were greatly diminished from this serum. My skin actually looked alive and not as dull! I cannot say if this is as effective for wrinkles as I am still in my 20's, but I am sure it is working it's preventative magic as well. Please note that if you do have dry skin, this serum works best with a moisturizer layered on top of it. Overall, this serum is magic with a very reasonable price-point, although I would not hesitate to repurchase if it were more expensive. That matter in itself indicates a fantastic product.

on 4/23/2014 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

First of all I want to say the reason I went looking for a deep wrinkle serum is because a friend/neighbor had me try the newest wrinkle cream/serum Nerium AD. She is a new customer/seller of the product. I do have my own regiment of moisturizers that I already use but she asked to me try this newest serum. She used her selling script on me, I listened, she showed me true no touch up photos of herself etc. I did try the Nerium, but before I did I also asked the important ?? of "How much it cost" which she told me was steep but it was "so worth every penny!" I tried it, had already formed an opinion based on the price, (Let me say, I am a penny pincher, coupon addict) :) and only allow myself $15-$20.00 range for moisturizers so I knew I would NEVER purchase it. But in the one night I actually used the Nerium I noticed a very "PLANT smell " which she had told me about. Now I can tell you... I found RoC Serum after reading many reviews and good ones at that, so I purchased this RoC deep wrinkle serum. It does have the lightest scent of "plant extract" which was most like the Nerium serum. I can't swear to it, but I like RoC serum alot, I have just purchased a third bottle of it, I do believe it has softened my deep smile lines, the fine lines around my eyes,and added a "glow" to my 57 yr old skin. Oh ..plus I can purchase it at my local Walgreens which has it on sale 19.95 or thereabout, usually $23.99 and I was able to use a $3.00 coupon from Target. They honor competitor coupons. I just wanted to share this with you all . I will continue to buy & use RoC Deep Wrinkle serum.Thnx for reading.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know why the review of this product is not as good as I expected. I actually really like this product. I used to use skinceutical retinol 0.5, and it was very effective but it did make my skin dry and peel. I started to try a less intense retinol product, and I found this one by accident. I'm really impressed with the result so far. The only reason why I didn't give it a 5 is because I don't like how strong it smells. It doesn't smell bad, but the scent is just too strong for my taste. I don't think I'd call this product a HG product of mine but if other people want to try a retinol product from the drug store I'd recommend it.

on 1/11/2014 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have not been great to my skin - tanning in my teens, wearing too much makeup, not moisturizing. I have been using Neutrogena's Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizer religiously for the past few months, but I felt like a serum might help a bit more. I picked Roc Retinol Serum up on sale (half off at Albertsons!) and I'm SO happy that I did!

I've been using for about a month, every morning before I apply my makeup. So far the results are amazing. Acne scars are fading drastically, and my pores have shrunken. My eye area is firmed and no longer appears constantly puffy and tired. The fine lines around my eyes are going away too. The line between my eyebrows has lessened. And for my very oily skin, this serum has been a blessing. Somehow it really helps control oil during the day. Overall, my face is very softer, brighter, and more even than ever. I've been using a lot less foundation and feel much more confident!

As far as cons - it can tingle or burn, especially in the eye area. For me, the tingling subsides in a minute or two and doesn't bother me much. If you are sensitive to fragrance you might be bothered by the scent.

For me, the product has done everything it claimed to do. If you're not expecting a face lift, or perhaps you're looking for a more proactive measure to wrinkles and aging skin, I'd definitely recommend.