RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

Filtered by hair type : Straight
RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum
Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

4.2

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, THE, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ammonium Acrylo/VP Copolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, , Nylon-12, Retinol, Copper Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower), Tocopherol, Laureth 23, Butylene Glycol, Pentelyn Glycol, , Laureth-4, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Polyacrylamide, Allantoin, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Laureth 7, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Hydroxyphenal Propramidobenzoic Acid, Yellow 5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This product actually aged me further. :( I received new wrinkles as a result of using it- now I need to look at saving for fillers to repair the damage. :( So disappointed and my self confidence is even worse now... First week, my skin actually did appear to look a little better and a bit brighter. But after almost a month, my skin is actually in worse shape than it was before using the serum! Price point is not too bad ($14 at Walmart), and this stuff didn't give me any acne (which was a huge plus at the time as I have very acne prone skin). Loved the pretty bottle, had a luxurious feel. I even liked the smell and feel of the product. But the added wrinkles are a MASSIVE disappointment for a product that is supposed to HELP wrinkles. Not looking forward to injections... If you want to appear older at a quicker rate (I don't know, maybe you're in a hurry to grow old, lol), then this will do the trick. You'll age 10 years in about 2 weeks time!

on 7/16/2018 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just started using this about a week ago, and I'm in love! The first day I tried it, I applied it over a ripe, red zit that was forming, and by morning, it was gone! It feels great on the skin. I wish I had started using this a long time ago. Basically, I'm now in my 40s, and I'm trying to get rid of fine lines, age spots, and large pores. I'll update this review later to report any changes!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When my holy grail RoC Multi Correxion Skin Renewing Serum in the blue bottle was discontinued (I miss it.. my skin responded wonderfully to it & it smelled like maple syrup) I decided to try out the RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Serum. Now, I don't have deep wrinkles. I do have the beginnings of noticeable lines around my eyes though... probably from years of pulling my eyes open when putting in contacts + the really bad habit of rubbing my eyes. Anyhow, I'm in my mid twenties so now is as good a time as any to start using an anti-aging product.

This retinol serum really agrees with my skin. The texture is silky. The smell is sort of musty... it's very unpleasant but I appreciate that there are no artificial fragrances. My fine lines appear softer. I've also noticed that when I have a breakout & use this a few nights in a row it basically completely clears up my skin.

The cons are that if you put too much of this on your skin will feel tingly or a slight burning sensation. You want to be sure to use just enough & not overdo it. Also this will dry your skin out slightly but if you use a moisturizer after you won't have that problem.

I usually use this on days I don't exfoliate so as not to overly irritate my skin. It's less than $15 at the drugstore I believe, & for that price this product performs phenomenally, IMO. The only reason I won't repurchase is because I'll be going for a cruelty-free serum when this one is done.

on 6/7/2016 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I was really (super) faithful to Olay serum for years but this has quickly become my new BFF. My skin and wrinkles look so much better with Roc Retinol Deep Wrinkle Serum. Less appts to the Botox doctor which is great!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

I recently received this is a beauty box, and was pleased to try it since I've never used anything from this line. After only about a week of use, I really began to notice a difference. I get this weird thing around the perimeter of my face most noticeable around my hairline, where it feels like little tiny nodules in the skin it drives me crazy. I could never "see" anything just could feel them. Probably just debris collecting in the pores. I've tried scrubs, masks, and multiple diy treatments. Even my clarsonic never totally did away with them. Once I had used this about a week, the little nodules were definitely less noticeable. My skin visibily seemed brighter and more luminious. Now I don't feel them anymore. I use this serum at night, after I wash my face, but before my moisturizer. I learned not to use it on or around my nose cause it seemed to be a little too drying there, but everywhere else on my face. While I'm not a fan of the smell of this, it's not that off putting that I wouldn't use it. And when I use this up I plan to purchase this little jewel again.

I just this past week had to have outpatient surgery, and that morning from the nice lady that checked me in, to every single nurse that took care of me that day, commented on how beautiful my complexion is. I'm 56 I don't expect those kind of comments anymore. And most of them wanted to know my secret. Baby wash, Olay moisturizer, and this. This product being the the key.

If you've never used a serum, try this, it is worth it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

In the past, my mother gave a sample bottle of Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair to me. Didn't notice a difference in my skin. In all fairness, didn't use it more than a couple of weeks. The sample bottle was small, and after one week of using it, the remaining serum hung out at the bottom of the bottle. What I did take note of during my brief period using a serum, is I really like the feel of serum on my skin. It's soft, liquid texture felt soothing to my skin.

While at the drugstore, noticed Roc Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum on the shelf. Purchased it on a whim, and went about my merry way. Would much rather pay a drugstore price for a serum than department store price.

The texture of Roc serum is a soft, gel like liquid and feels soothing when applied to the skin. There is a peculiar odor. It doesn't smell of a bouquet of flowers, but look on the bright side, it doesn't reek of yesterday's garbage, either. :)

After one week of use, noticed my skin felt softer and appeared brighter. Another plus is serum prepares my skin to receive moisturizer and foundation. Moisturizer absorbs better and require less amount of foundation for coverage.

Roc Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum isn't going to give one the appearance of going under the scapel, but it will make skin softer and brighter. This is my third week using it, so who knows, it might eventually diminish the appearance fine lines.

on 4/30/2014 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

This serum literally transformed my delicate skin! At first, I was looking for a product that would be a preventative measure for the horrid signs of aging as it is easier to prevent now as opposed to cure later; however, I had no idea that it would significantly benefit my skin now! The very first night I distributed the serum on to my face, my skin instantly glowed and felt incredibly smooth (something I am not used to as my skin is very dry and problematic). I usually know by the first couple uses of a product whether or not I will like it and this was no exception. I instantly loved it and still do!

Flakes, dry patches, redness, ruddiness, and hyper pigmentation were greatly diminished from this serum. My skin actually looked alive and not as dull! I cannot say if this is as effective for wrinkles as I am still in my 20's, but I am sure it is working it's preventative magic as well. Please note that if you do have dry skin, this serum works best with a moisturizer layered on top of it. Overall, this serum is magic with a very reasonable price-point, although I would not hesitate to repurchase if it were more expensive. That matter in itself indicates a fantastic product.

on 1/16/2014 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this product because I prefer serums to creams since I have oily skin. Serums are generally lighter and are quickly absorbed. I was surprised at how good this serum is. After using it for only a week my skin was clearer with more refined pores and over-all a younger appearance. Deep lines seems less noticeable too. The surface of the skin is fresher looking. Usually I also have reddish areas around the chin and nose and these are much reduced. I'm impressed by the improvement. It does burn slightly on application but it's not much more than a tingle. Some retinol products are much harsher. I don't find there is much if any irritation. I can even use it around my eyes without any problem. The serum comes in an easy to use pump bottle that dispenses one large drop. I apply this one drop over a damp face from the shower at night. That's all you really need. I only use it at night but there is no reason why you couldn't wear it during the daytime as well. It does have a noticeable perfume which some may object to. It's a nice citrus-y smell but very definitely there. The pump bottle works well though isn't great for travel.

This serum was a pleasant surprise. First off the packaging is glass and weighty so it feels more luxurious than other drug store serums. You can usually find the entire brand at buy 1 get 1 50% and can stack with coupons on their website.

It smells weird though, like hair dye but it absorbs to skin quickly and leaves it radiant the next day. On my sensitive skin, it didn't break me out even after using the entire bottle. Can't say if the small retinol % made a drastic difference to skin but I'd definitely recommend it for those in your 20s/30s as a preventative measure.

on 11/15/2013 1:11:00 PM

This product (3.3 stars) beats neutrogena ageless intensive deep wrinkle serum (2.8 stars).

I am in my early 20s and first used this when I was 19/20. Loved it then and thus have repurchased since. I have some fine lines on my forehead due to the nasty habit of raising my eyebrows; I also have marionette lines that are accentuated with lots of smiling and laughing. I use this product to target those lines and as a preventative tool for my anti-aging kit. Specifically and preferably, I use this 1-2x a week, at night, and during fall/winter months when there's less sunshine. Provided you use a sunscreen every day, it's no issue to use this during the more sunny months (Summer/Spring); I just prefer fall/winter to be safe since my skin is fair and I am prone to sunspots.

Effectiveness -- This product is effective to the extent of its price, meaning this product works well for its price ($20). Fine lines are minimized/blurred out. The skin looks tauter. I do see a difference when I wake up. Retinol is claimed to help with sunspots and acne. I'm not sure this really does anything to help fade my sunspots (doesn't seem like it helps), and I don't know how much it helps with acne. Maybe I'll give it to my bf to try to test the acne part. In any case, if you want to maintain the effects, you must maintain the use of it like you would a moisturizer to keep your face moisturized.

Early to mid 20s -- great for prevention

Late 20s to 30s -- affordable and fairly effective

40s and up -- do give this a try. It's a great retinol product for beginners. However, I do suggest that you invest in something more effective than this (unless you find this is effective enough for you). In your 40s and up, you should also be using peptides.

Fragrance -- it's not bad at all. There is a scent, but I don't find it bothersome.

Packaging -- heh, it's a heavy bottle. But very hygienic (it has a pump) and secured, so you can trust that the ingredients are stabilized. It's a nice looking bottle, too.

Repurchase --It's not something I care too much to have in my regimen. I find more important the use of sunscreens and ingredients/antioxidants like ascorbyl palmitate, and those are rather expensive, so I prefer to dish out on those than this product. I would probably buy 1 bottle per year (one bottle will last me from fall through winter months).

If you are searching for a retinol product to try out, I do recommend this.