RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

Filtered by hair type : Other
RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum
Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

3.5

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, THE, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ammonium Acrylo/VP Copolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, , Nylon-12, Retinol, Copper Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower), Tocopherol, Laureth 23, Butylene Glycol, Pentelyn Glycol, , Laureth-4, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Polyacrylamide, Allantoin, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Laureth 7, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Hydroxyphenal Propramidobenzoic Acid, Yellow 5

on 8/1/2018 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is some serious stuff here! I've been trying and using a lot of different products for some time now and I do not have sensitive skin at all. Very few products have been so uncomfortable or irritating that I couldn't tolerate it and this is one of them. I have used and do use retinol products. I actually use the roc retinol night cream with no issues at all. This serum made my face red, irritated, uncomfortable and I discontinued use pretty soon after starting. I tried decreasing frequency of use to mixing it with my moisturizer and when none of these worked i went back to the retinol night cream and stopped using this. Then my skin went back to normal. This may be a good wrinkle problem but my skin could not take it. I recommend trying the retinol night cream by rox instead.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used this during the first half of April 2017 whilst applying the ROC Deep wrinkle night cream on the other side of my face for a good comparison (more about that in a separate review). I built up my skins' tolerance level which is something I suggest anyone new to retinol should do, by applying every 3rd day, then every 2nd and eventually nightly. I also recommend stopping use of all retinol products at least once every year to avoid reaching the dreaded 'retinol plateau' that others have mentioned.

Anyhow back onto the product. I preferred the light texture of this to the night cream and that it didn't sit on my skin but sank in quite easily. Retinol does work! Even in the short amount of time that I used it my pores did look more refined and my skin tone overall fresher and smoother. However, with 3 types of silicones in the formulation that joy would be short-lived. By day 10 I was already breaking out, despite the gaps in between without use. Bottom line is: if your skin does not like silicones go with another brand that doesn't list 'Cyclopentasiloxane' or 'Dimethicone' in its ingredients list. Unfortunately at the time of using these (and many other silicone-containing products) I was never able to make the connection.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 5/21/2018 1:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I'm surprised to see that I've never reviewed this product, since I've repurchased it many times. I really like the pump packaging. It's reasonably priced (around $22) and widely available at drugstores and grocery stores (as well as Ulta) in the U.S.

OK, now they are saying that one must start using retinols practically from infancy, so I have several that I rotate around. No one product gets all my love! RoC has an effective retinol that has contributed to my much improved complexion over the past 5 years. Probably worth 4 or 5 times its price. There is a fragrance, and you can either tolerate it or you can't. I don't mind this one. I hate L'Oreal's (but neither seems to irritate my skin).

I generally don't use this as a layering product. I use it either alone at night, often in warmer weather when I don't feel like I need much moisture; or I use it in the morning as a sort of makeup primer. It does have an immediate smoothing effect in addition to the longer term ones.

on 9/30/2015 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Hello , I have gotten so many review reads from my review on R.O.C deep wrinkle serum. I am amazed so many women are reading reviews for R.O.C Serum. Thank you, all who have read my review on this serum and have given a "thumbs up" as helpful review.....
Update: 9-30-2015
As to date, I am still using R.O.C. deep wrinkel serum. I have repeatedly been told that I don't look my age, and I turned 59 yrs in June 2015. Most people believe I'm 40-ish and I don't think that is too bad considering that I am almost 60 yrs. old. I do contribute my young-ish looks to good Hispanic genes, and good every night application of R.O.C deep wrinkle serum, eating good, maintaining good weight, and choleterol with workouts. But I do use and have consistently used R.O.C. deep wrinkle serum. I am not so Computer savvy and posting pictures (I would post one), wish I did know more about all this technology. But currently am being taken for 40-ish and have been asked for I.D. when trying to recieve my "senior discount". I continue to moisturize dailey with R.O.C serum day and night, always, and dailey use of sunscreen 30, or greater every day, even on my hands. We must always keep a tube of sunscreen in our vehicles to keep out the rays of the sun especially in Summer. Good day to all, and keep up the fountain of youth in What YOU do! It's not in a tube, but in our own self image. Thanks for reading....
P.s. I really don't get paid for a good R.O.C review, this is truely my own review and post. I post what I know only from personal use of the product.

on 4/23/2014 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

First of all I want to say the reason I went looking for a deep wrinkle serum is because a friend/neighbor had me try the newest wrinkle cream/serum Nerium AD. She is a new customer/seller of the product. I do have my own regiment of moisturizers that I already use but she asked to me try this newest serum. She used her selling script on me, I listened, she showed me true no touch up photos of herself etc. I did try the Nerium, but before I did I also asked the important ?? of "How much it cost" which she told me was steep but it was "so worth every penny!" I tried it, had already formed an opinion based on the price, (Let me say, I am a penny pincher, coupon addict) :) and only allow myself $15-$20.00 range for moisturizers so I knew I would NEVER purchase it. But in the one night I actually used the Nerium I noticed a very "PLANT smell " which she had told me about. Now I can tell you... I found RoC Serum after reading many reviews and good ones at that, so I purchased this RoC deep wrinkle serum. It does have the lightest scent of "plant extract" which was most like the Nerium serum. I can't swear to it, but I like RoC serum alot, I have just purchased a third bottle of it, I do believe it has softened my deep smile lines, the fine lines around my eyes,and added a "glow" to my 57 yr old skin. Oh ..plus I can purchase it at my local Walgreens which has it on sale 19.95 or thereabout, usually $23.99 and I was able to use a $3.00 coupon from Target. They honor competitor coupons. I just wanted to share this with you all . I will continue to buy & use RoC Deep Wrinkle serum.Thnx for reading.

This review is for the Walgreen's brand equivalent of Roc Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum. Same stuff but about $7.00 less.

This is a FABULOUS product, but you need to know a couple of things about it or you will curse the day you ever bought it.

First of all, whoever came up with the directions for this stuff should be beaten. It says to apply twice daily, morning and night. Well most of you know that retinol makes your skin very sensitive to sun so you should never apply in the AM. Even if you applied this only at night it would still be too much.

I use this every 3rd night. Even with that I still get some minor flakies, but nothing that can't be moisturized away. My skin is far from sensitive, yet I can't imagine the damage I would do if I applied it more often than that. No wonder people get cystic acne from this - their skin is revolting from over use.

I can totally see why people go overboard with this. It DOES give you a beautiful glow and will improve your skin texture dramatically. You might think that if a little works well than a lot will work even better. Not so! Avoid the temptation and save your skin.

Also, you REALLY need to moisturize on top of this. Personally I like to pop open a vitamin E capsule and glop it over the top after the retinol has soaked in for about half an hour.

Use this product responsibly and consistently and most likely it will make you very happy!

on 3/26/2011 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is a so-so decent product. I have oily skin so rarely use anything too heavy but really wanted to see what it could do witht the ugly lines on my face. The moisture effect was great but the pimples it brought on have been less than great. I will use it all but am moving on...

on 4/15/2010 8:51:00 AM

I bought this and it did nothing for me, I found the smell to be quite unpleasant also. The serum was relegated to the back of the cupboard until I ran out of Olay regenerist night cream and thought I would give the ROC serum another go, at least that way I could finally use it all up and be rid of it.

So I've been using this for 3 weeks in conjunction with a night time moisturizer from the face shop (why does it always seem that awful products take forever to use up although great ones seem to go in a flash)

Anyway after making this the only adjustment to my beauty routine I now have 2 big angry red pimples on my chin and forehead and my skin looks awful. After reading the other reviews on this site I see break outs is a common complaint amongst the other dissatisfied consumers. I've now gone back to my HG Olay Regenerist night cream and will be tossing this rubbish in the bin where it belongs

on 9/26/2009 10:45:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Before I start, let me say that I've only been using this for a week and my skin is in pretty good condition to start with, so this review may not be helpful to some. I'm 31 years old. Now that that's out of the way... :)

I'm all about prevention. I've been using sunscreen for a very long time, back when most people didn't. I think that's probably the best beauty product out there, from teen years and way beyond. I got this because I started noticing some very fine lines between my brows and around my eyes. They weren't deep, but I didn't want them getting worse. I'm very expressive with my eyes, so the skin around them is always getting contorted. lol After the first night, I noticed an immediate difference in how my skin felt. It was SO very soft and hydrated, without using additional moisturizer (and for me, this is truly a miracle). My makeup glided on and looked perfect. After a week, the results are great. My fine lines aren't gone, but c'mon, it's only been a week. I'll review again in a few weeks to update. But so far, I'd repurchase even if it did nothing for wrinkles just because of how my skin looks and FEELS.

Although I don't currently use this on my face (product junkie... trying out some other things!) for a while this was part of my evening regimen for my face, jaw and neck. I'm not concerned with treatment of deep wrinkles yet, but this serum noticeably smoothed and plumped the fine lines underneath the outer corners of my eyes. It also helped with those dreaded neck lines. Overall, it made my skin smoother and brighter, and seemed to reduce breakouts. Some more evidence for me that it works: half a year ago, I started applying this serum to this deep wrinkle at the top of each knee (odd experiment, but I figured why not?) Since then, these wrinkles have become undeniably, noticeably less pronounced!

I find the scent pleasant in a typical face product way; the serum itself is lightweight and sinks in easily. I do usually need to apply some moisturizer after it around my eye area and on any dry patches.