RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum
Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

3.9

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, THE, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ammonium Acrylo/VP Copolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, , Nylon-12, Retinol, Copper Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower), Tocopherol, Laureth 23, Butylene Glycol, Pentelyn Glycol, , Laureth-4, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Polyacrylamide, Allantoin, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Laureth 7, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Hydroxyphenal Propramidobenzoic Acid, Yellow 5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this for a few years in my late teens to help with acne. Nothing ever cleared my skin so fast (and I've been on nearly every topical prescription and pill besides accutane). It seriously does wonders and doesn't dry skin out at all. Somehow I navigated away from this product- I lived in Italy for half a year and didn't pack enough bottles and couldn't find this specific product. I tried a retinol from La Roche-Posay and I didn't like it too much. My skin progressively got worse and I decided to try Differin because I remembered how much good retinol did for my skin- big mistake! I know there's a purging period with many topical acne products but it was lasting 2+ months and I just don't lead the sort of lifestyle where I can just hide my face or cake my face in makeup for months. I started using this again and my skin is clearing up, feeling more hydrated, and pores are looking smaller. My only caveat is that the scent can make my eyes sensitive- but I have incredibly sensitive eyes that can't stand anything being near them. If you've tried Differin and it didn't work for your skin type I would suggest trying this. Retinol is wonderful for a whole host of skin issues but you have to find the right formulation for you.

on 7/20/2012 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Retinol is one of the few proven wrinkle fighters out there. Sure there are trendy ingredients, expensive creams, and lots of other gimmicks but go with what works. This is an OTC product, so the concentration of retinol is lower, but I find that to be just fine for my sensitive skin. Personally I prefer the formulation of this product in the serum versus the cream. Runs about $20 at most stores, so the price is middle of the road. I have repurchased this several times and will continue to repurchase. It really makes my skin smooth and even, it almost seems to glow.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product. I will make this short and sweet though - bottom line - this product made me break out in zits. I rarely ever have a blemish but this stuff gave me a lot at the same time. I have combo skin that is usually sensitive. If I ever react to a product its because I break out in a rash from sensitivity, but this made me break out in zits instead. :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Irritated my sensitive skin.

on 2/12/2009 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

the first time i tried it, the result was good. my skin looked clear and smooth. but then the old problems came back and no matter how many times i apply this serum - it produces no visible improvements.
it too bad, as i like using this serum. it feels good applying and does not irritate very sensitive skin, even around eyes. i like the consistency and a cute golden bottle, but just cannot justify spending $22 (without tax) on a product that does so little.

on 1/25/2009 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, I am impressed. Let me start by saying that I love using products with retinoids to keep my skin tone clear as well as to reduce/prevent fine lines and wrinkles. In the past, I have used Skinceuticals' retinol cream (quite good; former HG), Neutrogena's (decent), and Differin (somewhere between the previous two). So I didn't think twice when I bought this stuff, smeared it on my skin, and went to bed.

Well, the very next morning I woke up with a blemish -- and not just any blemish, a cyst, which I hadn't for ages (thanks to using retinoids). At first I was annoyed, thinking that I'd just dropped $20 on a product that broke me out. I continued using it nightly, though, knowing that skin products can frequently make your skin worse before it gets better. Well, that has certainly been the case for me. The cyst is nearly gone (along with any other faint marks that may have been lingering on my face) and the fine lines just beginning to develop around my eyes I swear have gotten better.

Bottom line: this stuff really works. It was able to 'pull' impurities out of my skin that other, high-end/prescription products were not able to do, and now my skin is really beautiful. Amazingly, this product doesn't dry up my skin a bit, either (ahem, Retin-A & Differin). Now eager to try other products from this brand -- I'm impressed!!!

on 9/14/2007 12:29:00 AM

I don't have any "deep wrinkles" but I didn't like starting to see any wrinkes (a few near the top of my forehead and milder ones in between my eyebrows), so I started religiously using Roc's serum. It works really well! Seems to puff up the lowered little wrinkled areas, filling them in. The serum has a nice, smooth consistency, and it's easy to apply -- it doesn't take a lot, and I try not to over-apply, especially since the product isn't cheap (I think I paid - on sale - about $20 for the 1 oz bottle.) I have sensitive skin, but have had no problems with the serum - no breakouts or overly-dried out skin. A really nice product, as long as it keeps working, I'll buy it again!